WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
#1 ·
The 300 MC ownership here (and on other forums) is growing and it's time we had a thread to share information, insights, reviews, photos, and accessory suggestions; i.e., straps, etc.

If you are blessed with a 300 MC, please make yourself at home, subscribe, and contribute to this thread. (Others are welcome to drool but try to keep your keyboards dry. :))

See less See more
#307 ·
I picked up an Omega bond nato for mine and love it, I think this watch looks fantastic on most straps, but I inevitably end up switching back to the bracelet after a couple days due to the absolute comfort of the fit. With straps, the way my wrist is it's always just little to loose, or a little too tight, I always seem to need a notch in between. But with the bracelet on, it feels "just right".

#317 ·
Its less expensive in Switzerland, not by much but inquire at AD or official omega shop. I paid less than what people stated on various forums.

To get back to the topic that nice SM 300MC I tried on a month ago still appeals me. The seller still got it. Thinking downsizing my collection to buy it...

#318 ·
Must admit I am in love with mine trying to rotate with my other watches but keep finding excuses to go back to my Master 300 SS. Looked great in Monaco and south of France only took one rather than 2. How easy is it to change the straps, and am I likely to scratch the watch when changing them.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap
Wrist Watch Hand Fashion accessory Material property

#319 ·
Must admit I am in love with mine trying to rotate with my other watches but keep finding excuses to go back to my Master 300 SS. Looked great in Monaco and south of France only took one rather than 2. How easy is it to change the straps, and am I likely to scratch the watch when changing them.

View attachment 4540402 View attachment 4540418
Put scotch tape around the lugs and use a high quality springbar tool. I use a Bergeon 6111. I have two left hands but following the scotch-tape method, I've managed to change the straps several times without scratching the lugs.

#320 ·
This is my second Omega, and I love it.

After weeks of fighting with my banks glitchy system to wire money for my Seamaster, I finally got it. I was not able to remove the band, so I took it to a local jeweler to let them do it. They also couldn't remove the band, but they did manage to gouge the case through some text on the lug, mangle part of the bracelet, and dent one of the lugs. Other than that it was a great week of ownership.

#323 ·
I was a one watch guy, wearing a small SMP 2052.50. But since it's been at the service center, I've been browsing the Omega website, and I'm hooked on this one. Have a couple of watches, I've bought, and now selling because I never wore them. (long story). Since my watch won't be back from the service center till late August, I don't know how much longer I can go without wearing a watch. Might have to bite the bullet and pick this up. Keep everyone posted if I do.

#327 ·
I know this probably not the right forum but just wanted some advice from fellow watch enthusiasts I sent a tag back to them under warranty it was delivered by a courier who threw it over my locked gate should I be worried that the automatic movement has been damaged. What should I ask Tag to do to resolve the issue.

#328 ·
Well, yes - wrong forum. This belongs in the general forum. Generally speaking: if the watch keeps good time, the winding mechanism works (if it has one, don't know which model you have) doesn't rattle and the glass + case are intact, I'd say: file a complaint with the courier and Tag and enjoy your watch. I'd complain just to make sure if something turns out to be broken later after all they won't be pointing their finger at you.

#339 · (Edited)
Hnnnnnggggg!!!!!! I put my first marks on my precious!! The clasp got gouged somehow, no clue as to how that happened. And the springbars are starting to scuff the backs of the lugs from changing them out ( oh no!) :p I did leave a dummy scratch on the back of the lugs across the serial number after trying to change the strap on a whim after a few too many glasses of scotch. Needless to say, tape your lugs folks!

Behold the carnage!

Stuff happens right? First few scratches are always the hardest I guess lol. Now at least I don't have to be terrified of scratching it anymore [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#340 ·
At least you bought her a drink first - hopefully it was good scotch ;) I live in fear of exactly what you just shared. I suppose at the end of the day it's like the first door ding or scuff on a new car. Either way, still a gorgeous timepiece my friend.

Sent from a Payphone

#344 · (Edited)
At least you bought her a drink first - hopefully it was good scotch ;) I live in fear of exactly what you just shared. I suppose at the end of the day it's like the first door ding or scuff on a new car. Either way, still a gorgeous timepiece my friend.

Sent from a Payphone

This is the culprit. On a positive note, possibly my new favorite place to park my watch when it's not on my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#341 ·
My leather strap just arrived! It is very similar to the one on display @ the boutique, they even installed for me no charge! They really take care of you there. Soon Omega will be offering leather straps on the SM300m. Here are some pics, love the way the strap changes the look:

Attachments