Omega Seamaster Master Coaxial
Tag Heuer Link CT1111
G Shock GW5000
CASIO G-Shock GW-9400CMJ-3JR Carbon
Most everything about this watch has been covered, but did not really see comments on the Omega strap and deployant. Just pictures. I know what they look like, having visited the boutique twice this month.
got my SM300 about 1,5 months ago and I couldn't be happier with it. In fact, there is no other way to describe it than just saying it's perfect. This is the first watch I've ever seen which I wouldn't change in any way.
Wanted to give my pros and cons list of the watch:
- Domed sapphire. I've always loved them and this one makes no exception.
- Cream-colored indices. Gives the watch a really distinct look and separates it from the too-modern-for-my-liking look of AT and PO.
- The subtleness of the dial and especially the Omega-logo. No blingy metallic parts to shine.
- White second hand. I love the contrast that is created between it and the indices.
- No date on dial. Gives the dial perfect harmony and balance.
- Simple typography on the dial. Not too many fonts, which sadly is very common in many watches.
- No 'automatic' text on the dial.
- The lack of AR coating on the outer side of the sapphire. The gloss is just beautiful together with the bezel and also it prevents the ugly look of a scratched AR.
- Perfect case size for my wrist, not too big and not too small, just perfect.
- Quick adjustment bracelet. I use it all the time as I've always had the problem of sometimes wanting the bracelet to be a bit loose and sometimes quite snug.
- Polished center links. I love the way they make the watch a bit more dressy and also they complement the gloss of the sapphire and bezel nicely.
- The angular look of the case. I've always disliked to roundness of the PO case and bracelet.
- The hour-hand quick adjustment for time zones. Just perfect when you travel.
- The contrast of the vintage-look front and the modern state-of-the-art look of the back.
- Anti-magnetic and accurate movement. I really love knowing that the movement is pretty much the best there is on the market in this price range. My watch has been accurate to +2 seconds during this 1,5 month period.
- Has completely killed my interest in any other watches. I've sold my whole collection of after getting this and for the first time ever, I don't have any watches that I would even consider buying. So essentially, it has killed my watch hobby ;)
I'm a bit worried about Omega's recent price policy - their co-ax offerings are really in the same price-category as Rolex - perhaps deservedly so, as the movements are really top-notch, but nevertheless: I believe the image or Omega as a good bang for the buck company is breaking down and people will view them the same as Rolex.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)