Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 7
Like Tree5478Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 7 of 300 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by larryganz View Post
    Or, you could have kept the Explorer II.
    But the EXPII is not the 300 MC. There is nothing in the Rolex lineup that even comes close.

Plus, I'm tired of the "Rolex silliness."
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
    Finally dropped the bracelet off at a jeweler's for getting the links brushed. Will cost me about 90$ though :-/
    No offense to those that keep the 300 MC with the polished center links, I like the 300 MC better with brushed center links. I'm not against PCL, (I have another watch that has them). but to my eyes this "diver" looks better toned down with the all brushed look.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeattle View Post
    No offense to those that keep the 300 MC with the polished center links, I like the 300 MC better with brushed center links. I'm not against PCL, (I have another watch that has them). but to my eyes this "diver" looks better toned down with the all brushed look.
    I agree - it's a personal decision to get them brushed. I prefer the center links brushed, but I absolutely don't mind if other keep them polished.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    There is nothing in the Rolex lineup that even comes close.
    Not sure I agree with you on this one. I love my Submariner (and my Datejust, for that matter, although it's not the same category, obviously) just as much as the 300mc. Both are great time pieces.
    larryganz likes this.

I think I was one of the first to post the watch with the brushed links. I never had the watch with the polished links other than seeing the pictures. To me, the brushed links just seem like a better match for this steel watch but I certainly respect those who enjoy the polished look. StephenName:  IMG_3869.jpg
Views: 2367
Size:  546.9 KB
    jpk207, Travelller and ecaman like this.
    https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

Quote Originally Posted by watchsk View Post
    I think I was one of the first to post the watch with the brushed links. I never had the watch with the polished links other than seeing the pictures. To me, the brushed links just seem like a better match for this steel watch but I certainly respect those who enjoy the polished look. StephenName:  IMG_3869.jpg
Views: 2367
Size:  546.9 KB

I agree that it's a personal decision with no wrong answers. It's a great looking watch with our without the polished center links.

Mark
    dawiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchsk View Post
    I think I was one of the first to post the watch with the brushed links. I never had the watch with the polished links other than seeing the pictures. To me, the brushed links just seem like a better match for this steel watch but I certainly respect those who enjoy the polished look. Stephen
    My historian side comes out : Bmickdewey did it a few months ahead of you FWIW.

Oddly I can't say I prefer PCL because still have not see a brushed one in the wild and likely never will. I considered getting a spare bracelet and having it brushed but the cost was prohibitive. I do like my AT bracelet which is brushed.

What would be interesting is would resell be helped or hurt? Would new owner want original or not? The first 6 months I own a watch is when I am most likely to sell so definitely will wait til that time period passes.

I am going for now with the motto: "You can always brush, but you can't really go back so be sure.". Ha I had another analogy but figured I better not use.
    Last edited by julywest; June 6th, 2015 at 16:34.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    But the EXPII is not the 300 MC. There is nothing in the Rolex lineup that even comes close.

Plus, I'm tired of the "Rolex silliness."
    Still have managed to not get a Rolex. What do you see as the silliness? Probably should not ask as will derail the thread.
    larryganz likes this.

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    My historian side comes out : Bmickdewey did it a few months ahead of you FWIW.

Oddly I can't say I prefer PCL because still have not see a brushed one in the wild and likely never will. I considered getting a spare bracelet and having it brushed but the cost was prohibitive. I do like my AT bracelet which is brushed.

What would be interesting is would resell be helped or hurt? Would new owner want original or not? The first 6 months I own a watch is when I am most likely to sell so definitely will wait til that time period passes.

I am going for now with the motto: "You can always brush, but you can't really go back so be sure.". Ha I had another analogy but figured I better not use.
    I doubt it'll hurt resale-value. We've got to be realistic here: the watch lost 30% of its value the first time you put a scratch in it. I'm guessing those will sell only slightly over Speedy Pro territory. You can get a used hesalite Speedy Pro for about 2500-3000 Swiss Francs (they retail for 4700 CHF), but that's a Speedy Pro. Prices for Seamaster Professional watches are considerably lower. Because the 300mc has a 4-year warranty, prices should remain fairly stable for that period, but I don't expect to get more than 4000 out of it if I'd have to sell it now (bought it unworn for 4400...), and probably around 3500 in half a year. The bracelet won't make a difference. Especially considering that some ADs already sell them with brushed CLs as customer demand for the modification is high.

[QUOTE=julywest;16823234]

I am going for now with the motto: "You can always brush, but you can't really go back so be sure.". /QUOTE]

But you can restore the polished links, case, lugs.
    solesman and BrianMcKay like this.
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Page 7 of 300 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information