WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
#1 ·
The 300 MC ownership here (and on other forums) is growing and it's time we had a thread to share information, insights, reviews, photos, and accessory suggestions; i.e., straps, etc.

If you are blessed with a 300 MC, please make yourself at home, subscribe, and contribute to this thread. (Others are welcome to drool but try to keep your keyboards dry. :))

See less See more
#369 ·
I'd just like to be able to remove the bracelet on my own. I think part of the problem is I'm too tentative with it because I don't want to hurt it.

Was going to try the strap from my PO and see if it would work on the 300. Will have to wait until I can get to the OB.

Sent from a Payphone

#374 ·
I'd just like to be able to remove the bracelet on my own. I think part of the problem is I'm too tentative with it because I don't want to hurt it.

Was going to try the strap from my PO and see if it would work on the 300. Will have to wait until I can get to the OB.

Sent from a Payphone
Hey buddy, just try a few times an you will get the hang of it! Practice makes perfect. No doubt the first try will be nerve racking!

#370 ·
The PCL's of my 300 MC are beginning to show some wear. I love the look of the PCLs but find myself opting for the FOIS with its brushed bracelet due to the wear that's showing.

I'm torn between getting the Dremel out with some polishing compound or shipping the bracelet up to my dealer for "satinizing" as he did for Stephen (watchsk). The latter would perhaps be the easy way out. On the other hand, I may take it to my local watchmaker and let him polish the PCLs. Shouldn't cost too much. Maybe I'll give him a call.

#387 ·
I always got the sense that you liked the polished middle links so maybe just get them replaced so you can keep the look. My clasp has tons of scratches but I have been afraid to mess with it. Are you saying that the best thing to use is 15 grit sandpaper and rub it on the clasp back and forth a few times? Take care. Stephen

#401 · (Edited)
New strap! Brown Horween leather hand made, great quality & feels really good on! Some pics:

Attachments

#415 ·
I've got some bad news.... I put my first tiny scratch on my watch!! It is located on the metal ring at 2 o'clock just inside the bezel.. Now everytime I look at my watch I see it.. It is very slight, but of course I see it like a neon sign.. Can you have these buffed/polished out?? Has anybody had this done? thanks for your feedback-

#417 ·
Picture? Sounds relatively superficial. Typically something like that should be able to be resolved by your local A.D. or Omega boutique.

Thanks! I am fortunate to live about 10 mins from a boutique, My AD where i purchased is a 2.5 hr. drive! I will have the boutique take a look at it. I don't even think it would show in a picture...lol!