Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 9
Like Tree5548Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 9 of 302 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Love this watch! Sadly, I went to try one on the other day and just didn't bond with it in person. Perhaps just didn't sit right on my wrist.
    Enjoying the pics though!

A question to the owners: I find winding the watch fairly hard-going and I can hear a slight click with every turn. Also, screwing down the crown is equally hard-going. As I've never owned an automatic diver from Omega: is this normal?

Those who like the watch but not the bracelet: the 300mc is now available from Omega with a brown leather strap instead of the bracelet. Pricing is 100 Euro lower than with the bracelet - but obviously, if you actually plan on taking it in the water, the leather isn't an option.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
    Those who like the watch but not the bracelet: the 300mc is now available from Omega with a brown leather strap instead of the bracelet. Pricing is 100 Euro lower than with the bracelet - but obviously, if you actually plan on taking it in the water, the leather isn't an option.
    Since a replacement bracelet I hear is $1500 that's not a very good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    Since a replacement bracelet I hear is $1500 that's not a very good deal.
    I heard it's about 850$? but still not a great deal, I agree.
    1500$ would be insane!

Quote Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
    A question to the owners: I find winding the watch fairly hard-going and I can hear a slight click with every turn. Also, screwing down the crown is equally hard-going. As I've never owned an automatic diver from Omega: is this normal?
    Anyone?

I haven't noticed that but haven't wound manually. I just wear or have it on awinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dawiz likes this.

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by om3ga_fan View Post
    I haven't noticed that but haven't wound manually. I just wear or have it on awinder.
    And how about screwing down the crown? Mine goes tough as molasses. But I'm not sure whether it's just a combination of the winding mechanism and locking the seals or whether there's something wrong with it. It definitely has much more resistance than my other watches with a screw-down crown.

Mine's also on a winder if I don't wear it, I simply tried winding it a bit because of the resistance thing I noticed with the crown.
    Last edited by dawiz; June 7th, 2015 at 05:36.

I will say from changing time zones the crown is 'challenging'. Definitely stiff but I just attributed that to the watch being brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dawiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    "Rolex silliness" goes beyond the never ending debate as to which is better, Omega or Rolex. We all are tired of that silliness for sure.

I've owned several great Rolex watches (never a Sub) but this is what I mean by Rolex silliness:

The Rolex Service Center refused to perform warranty work on my GMT because I was not the original owner. They explained to me that, unlike Omega, the warranty followed the purchaser and not the watch.

So I shipped the GMT to the Dallas Rolex center and they performed the warranty work without question. Go figure!

There is also a difference between the Rolex USA warranty and the Rolex SA warranty. All that is required under the "SA" warranty is the watch and warranty card. For warranty work on a Rolex purchased outside the US, Rolex USA requires a sales receipt in your name proving that you personally purchased the watch from the non-US Rolex dealer. This in addition to the warranty card.

And of course, any Rolex watch not sold by Rolex USA coming through US customs is subject to confiscation.

Rolex USA has also restricted access to Rolex parts and has been known to arbitrarily remove watchmakers from their approved list. Plus, any watch sent in for service which has been modified will not be serviced unless you are willing to pay to have it put back to OEM condition.

Then there are the almost annual price increases to create the illusion that Rolex watches hold or even increase in value.

As for my statement that there is nothing in the Rolex line to compare with the 300 MC, I stand by it. If you disagree, prove it to me. I'm willing to listen.
    That is silliness. I've only heard about them reversing mods if sent in for service (one friend said they swapped a diamond embedded dial with a stock dial and kept the diamond one, even though the diamonds were real).

So, you are saying that my Rolex GMT II BLNR with warranty card showing my real name on it as the original buyer but bought from an AD in Singapore, carries no warranty here in the USA? I'd sue the crap out of them because my name is on the warranty card, forget the stupid receipt. They better hope nothing goes wrong with it.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX *
    Pepsi GMT Master II Ceramic * Rolex SubC Hulk * Rolex SubC ND
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30

Page 9 of 302 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information