Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 94
Like Tree5575Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 94 of 304 FirstFirst ... 44 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 3038
  1. #931
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    995

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    sorry double post (not too sure how it posted twice and hour apart)
    Take care
    Last edited by Morrisdog; November 5th, 2015 at 08:43.

  2. #932
    Member Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    971

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Merv View Post
    One thing I find interesting about this watch, and the new Spectre 300MC, is the amount of owners that take the bracelet off and put it on a Nato or leather strap. I'm not questioning that from an aesthetic viewpoint, as in most cases these straps look pretty darn good.

    What I find interesting is how we've repeatedly heard complaints over the years about Omega's lack of adjustable bracelets, yet when they introduce one, the usefulness of that feature barely gets a mention on the forum anymore and so many guys aren't even interested in using the bracelet. Not a criticism of anyone, just an interesting observation imo.
    Well, the Spectre version actually comes on the NATO. I'm new to NATOs, so I had the AD install and size the bracelet for me and I wore it that way for the first 5 weeks. The micro-adjust clasp is cool, but I haven't actually needed to adjust it.

    I put the NATO on this week in the run up to the movie release. Did it myself, and noticed as I started that the AD must have nicked a lug during the bracelet install. Just a small scratch, but reminded me to be extra careful. I taped up the lugs before doing my swap.

    I like the NATO, but I'm more of a bracelet guy. I'll put the bracelet back on a week or so after seeing the movie. I may just take it to my local boutique, as I understand putting the bracelet on may be more difficult than it was taking it off.

  3. #933
    Member Betterthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bucklesberry
    Posts
    14,845

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Well, the Spectre version actually comes on the NATO. I'm new to NATOs, so I had the AD install and size the bracelet for me and I wore it that way for the first 5 weeks. The micro-adjust clasp is cool, but I haven't actually needed to adjust it.

    I put the NATO on this week in the run up to the movie release. Did it myself, and noticed as I started that the AD must have nicked a lug during the bracelet install. Just a small scratch, but reminded me to be extra careful. I taped up the lugs before doing my swap.

    I like the NATO, but I'm more of a bracelet guy. I'll put the bracelet back on a week or so after seeing the movie. I may just take it to my local boutique, as I understand putting the bracelet on may be more difficult than it was taking it off.
    Actually putting bracelet back on is very easy. Easier than most.
    ff25 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #934
    Member chris975d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    Actually putting bracelet back on is very easy. Easier than most.
    Yes, this bracelet is extremely easy to remove/install compared to other brands. Try installing a Tudor or Rolex, to give you an appreciation of how easy these endlinks/springboard almost "fall" into place.

  6. #935
    Member Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    971

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    Actually putting bracelet back on is very easy. Easier than most.
    How do you hold the one end of the springbar when compressing the first end? I saw someone mention they did this by pressing it down against the lug?

  7. #936
    Member Betterthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bucklesberry
    Posts
    14,845

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    How do you hold the one end of the springbar when compressing the first end? I saw someone mention they did this by pressing it down against the lug?
    Yep pretty much what I do. Put bracelet end in place with springbar protruding on both sides. Hold and use lug tool to nudge 1 end slightly in and then push other side in. This bracelet seems to want to go home.
    Zinzan, asadtiger and ff25 like this.

  8. #937
    Member chris975d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    Yep pretty much what I do. Put bracelet end in place with springbar protruding on both sides. Hold and use lug tool to nudge 1 end slightly in and then push other side in. This bracelet seems to want to go home.
    Pretty much how I do it. You can get one side of the springbar started inside the lug before even using the tool normally, then just use your tool to compress the other side and the bracelet will fall right into place.
    Zinzan likes this.

  9. #938
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    51

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrisdog View Post
    You can fit the 22mm NATO but a 21mm one will be better. There are 21mm options out there.. Crown and buckle + strapcode both have 21mm straps. With leather check out bas and lokes.. The latter is my favourite. I also have the omega NATO which is also available in 21mm.
    Attachment 5900954

    That's mine on a 21 mm bas and Lokes band (olive green)
    Take care
    Thanks for the reply and great looking watch and band. I received a 22mm strap today and you are absolutely correct, it fits but it would bother me too much to see the bunching near the lugs. I'll order a few from one of the websites you mentioned, thanks!

    On another note, how accurate is everyone's running at? I've only had it for a day but it looks to be about +3s/day. My PO 8500 is at 1s/day which I think is spectacular. Hopefully with a full charge it'll come down a little. Also, my lume is fairly week compared to the PO as well. Is that what others are noticing?

  10. #939
    Member Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    971

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pack12 View Post
    On another note, how accurate is everyone's running at? I've only had it for a day but it looks to be about +3s/day. My PO 8500 is at 1s/day which I think is spectacular. Hopefully with a full charge it'll come down a little. Also, my lume is fairly week compared to the PO as well. Is that what others are noticing?
    I synced mine and datetime stamped it on my phone the other day, let me check...

    Synced on 11/01, 10am. So 4 days and 4+ hours later... -5s. Not sure if that's a statistically significant run time though. And I didn't wear it yesterday.

  11. #940
    Member Lealole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    179

    Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pack12 View Post
    Thanks for the reply and great looking watch and band. I received a 22mm strap today and you are absolutely correct, it fits but it would bother me too much to see the bunching near the lugs. I'll order a few from one of the websites you mentioned, thanks!

    On another note, how accurate is everyone's running at? I've only had it for a day but it looks to be about +3s/day. My PO 8500 is at 1s/day which I think is spectacular. Hopefully with a full charge it'll come down a little. Also, my lume is fairly week compared to the PO as well. Is that what others are noticing?
    With regards to the lume, being in the office all day with the office lighting it will glow in a dark room but not that bright. I can charge it with my phone flashlight & it will glow beautifully for about 10- 15 mins in a dark room, then fade in brightness. I will admit I thought it would last brighter longer.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 47
      Last Post: December 23rd, 2016, 23:11
    2. Replies: 40
      Last Post: June 19th, 2015, 17:50
    3. Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial
      By watchsk in forum Omega
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: March 21st, 2015, 20:00
    4. Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial is here
      By Baric in forum Omega
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: February 25th, 2015, 04:58
    5. Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 21st, 2014, 20:00

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •