WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
#1 ·
The 300 MC ownership here (and on other forums) is growing and it's time we had a thread to share information, insights, reviews, photos, and accessory suggestions; i.e., straps, etc.

If you are blessed with a 300 MC, please make yourself at home, subscribe, and contribute to this thread. (Others are welcome to drool but try to keep your keyboards dry. :))

See less See more
#54 ·
Join us Larry, join us........Lol! Great thread! Here's some of my pics to add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These profile pics are great. They really show the shape of the watch and how it sits.

Reactions: Sustinet
#66 ·
I think I was one of the first to post the watch with the brushed links. I never had the watch with the polished links other than seeing the pictures. To me, the brushed links just seem like a better match for this steel watch but I certainly respect those who enjoy the polished look. Stephen View attachment 4237842
I agree that it's a personal decision with no wrong answers. It's a great looking watch with our without the polished center links.

Mark

#83 ·
Those who like the watch but not the bracelet: the 300mc is now available from Omega with a brown leather strap instead of the bracelet. Pricing is 100 Euro lower than with the bracelet - but obviously, if you actually plan on taking it in the water, the leather isn't an option.

#88 · (Edited)
I haven't noticed that but haven't wound manually. I just wear or have it on awinder.
And how about screwing down the crown? Mine goes tough as molasses. But I'm not sure whether it's just a combination of the winding mechanism and locking the seals or whether there's something wrong with it. It definitely has much more resistance than my other watches with a screw-down crown.

Mine's also on a winder if I don't wear it, I simply tried winding it a bit because of the resistance thing I noticed with the crown.

#93 ·
Winding and the crown:
I have no previous experience with screw down crowns so I had the same concerns.
I have not wound it as I wear it most of the time.
The few times I have fiddled with screw the crown in I have also found it to be a bit tough and meet resistance before fully screwed down.

#98 ·
Those of you who have a NATO strap or other installed, did you do this yourself or take it to an Ad or boutique to install?? My understanding is the screws used for the bracelet have a glue to secure them from backing out & a heating process is used to remove them.. Just curious, I love the bracelet & features. IMO the PCL's go well with the SM300m

#104 ·
Omega should subsidize this thread, given how many people might be pushed over the edge and buy one, based on the images here. Perhaps Fr. John can change the thread title to add "and Prospective Owner's" in front of "Thread." ;-)

The more I see it, the more I like it. If I didn't have a 116610LN coming in a few weeks, I likely would succumb to its allure. :think:

#112 ·
I was at the boutique today... The black & grey & brown leather NATOs really caught my eye! Great pics! You can really see the dial up close! Love the SM300m black dial detail

Reactions: Scalpel
#120 ·
That looks very cool dawiz..

I also have mine on a Bass and Lokes leather strap. (though my pics are quite as good as yours).

They are a great leather strap option as they offer 21mm straps.

I still like the metal bracelet and will put it back on when summer returns.

But I think I will miss the comfort of this leather strap.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#121 ·
That looks very cool dawiz..

I also have mine on a Bass and Lokes leather strap. (though my pics are quite as good as yours).

They are a great leather strap option as they offer 21mm straps.

I still like the metal bracelet and will put it back on when summer returns.

But I think I will miss the comfort of this leather strap.

View attachment 4258018 View attachment 4258106 View attachment 4258026 View attachment 4258034
Awesome strap - and looks very comfortable. The B&S is a 22mm, but it's soft leather so it fits the 21mm lugs very well.

For me, it's he other way round: I like bracelets in winter but prefer leather in summer, mainly because the bracelet is pretty heavy.

#122 ·
I live next to the beach.. so I definitely need something that can go into the water!

but they do offer all their straps in the 21mm lug length. I think that is why I went with them.

the leather to me is a definite winner on the comfort stakes, having said that the metal bracelet is fine especially after a couple of days re-adjusting.

#123 ·
If you want leather you can wear in the water, check out the Hirsch Performance and Viscount line. They've been developed for swimming and diving (the performance is good for diving, the Viscount only for swimming). I also bought the Viscount for that very purpose - but it's fairly pricey, even for a croc.

#134 ·
When I started this thread, I never expected it to reach warp speed so quickly.
It appears that a lot of people couldn't care less about the 'yellow lume' panic and the PCLs and just enjoy the watch for what it is: a great time piece by a great company. Despite all the nay-sayers, it's already become a classic.

#140 · (Edited)
Curious if anyone recommends any particular tool for swapping the bracelet with an Omega NATO strap...? I'd like to do it myself but, of course, without jacking up the case, lugs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a Bergeon 6111 (eBay) and scotch-tape the lugs before I change the straps. I'd practice on your beater before trying it out on the 300mc, though. The tape minimizes the risk of scratching the lugs.

Can the Omega NATOs be bought online somewhere? My nearest AD is 100km from here and I'm also interested in one.