WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  JP(Canada) 
#1 ·
The 300 MC ownership here (and on other forums) is growing and it's time we had a thread to share information, insights, reviews, photos, and accessory suggestions; i.e., straps, etc.

If you are blessed with a 300 MC, please make yourself at home, subscribe, and contribute to this thread. (Others are welcome to drool but try to keep your keyboards dry. :))

See less See more
#2,453 ·
Yeah I've bought a couple of BluSharks before and you're talking £40 all in by the time you pay customs etc. Great straps but not sure quite that great lol. Do you have any pics with a 22mm NATO on? Also been looking into Strapcode mesh straps - I do like the look of a vintage diver on mesh.

#2,458 ·
Check out Cincy Strap Works.Fantastic look and seatbelt quality for a superb price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spoke to Phenomenato and was told that the lug width of their 22mm Bond NATO is 21.7mm so that sounds like it will be a decent enough fit. I went for one of those. Like the idea of the floating keeper and the fact you can get a short length - I have twig wrist syndrome!

#2,470 ·
Got this new to me (originally purchased 11/2016) SM300 in the mail late last night after UPS lost it on their truck temporarily and missed the 10:30AM overnight guarantee. Absolutely love the bi-color lume and the textured dial that sparkles in the sunlight (I read somewhere the dial is sandblasted ceramic, is that accurate?). My only issue is that it seems the previous owner struggled mightily with strap changes and somehow bent the end links to where one of them contacts the first bracelet link a little and it causes enough friction that the bracelet does not move freely on that pivot and can get "stuck" in a position. Does anyone know the part numbers for new endlinks and around how much they'd cost? This is my second Omega behind a 311.30.42.30.01.005 Speedy Pro and I'm thrilled with it. I know the PCL's are a point of contention among owners, but I loved the polished look despite the fingerprint headaches.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Black Green Light Darkness Night

#2,475 ·
Nice pics. I'm surprised to see it wear bigger than the speedy. I always though it was a little smaller, no idea why I thought that though.

Got this new to me (originally purchased 11/2016) SM300 in the mail late last night after UPS lost it on their truck temporarily and missed the 10:30AM overnight guarantee. Absolutely love the bi-color lume and the textured dial that sparkles in the sunlight (I read somewhere the dial is sandblasted ceramic, is that accurate?). My only issue is that it seems the previous owner struggled mightily with strap changes and somehow bent the end links to where one of them contacts the first bracelet link a little and it causes enough friction that the bracelet does not move freely on that pivot and can get "stuck" in a position. Does anyone know the part numbers for new endlinks and around how much they'd cost? This is my second Omega behind a 311.30.42.30.01.005 Speedy Pro and I'm thrilled with it. I know the PCL's are a point of contention among owners, but I loved the polished look despite the fingerprint headaches.

View attachment 12556959

View attachment 12556963

View attachment 12556969

View attachment 12556973

View attachment 12556975

View attachment 12556977

View attachment 12556981

#2,479 ·
Hey all - wondering about your experiences with accuracy. I've timed it a few times and I seem to gain 3-6 seconds per day pretty regularly, depending on the position I leave it in overnight. I've taken it to an OB and they've measured it--they basically said that I'm just within the threshold (+6) where they would cover a service under the warranty. Is anyone else's running this fast? Got jealous after I've seen some posts mentioning less than 1 second variation per day...

Obligatory photo--from yesterday's rainy dog walk.

#2,480 · (Edited)
Hey all - wondering about your experiences with accuracy. I've timed it a few times and I seem to gain 3-6 seconds per day pretty regularly, depending on the position I leave it in overnight. I've taken it to an OB and they've measured it--they basically said that I'm just within the threshold (+6) where they would cover a service under the warranty. Is anyone else's running this fast? Got jealous after I've seen some posts mentioning less than 1 second variation per day...

Obligatory photo--from yesterday's rainy dog walk.
I have an app on my phone that lets me track it and over the past week mine has been running +3s/day. Remember COSC is -4/+6 so you're right on the edge. It shouldn't need a full service if it's running slightly fast though, it sounds like it just needs to be regulated which is very easy for them to do.

#2,485 ·
Just a thought here, but my used copy was said to be about 0.5-1.5 seconds a day (I'm the second owner). My experience was anything but that, seeing gains of 3-7 seconds a day, which is fine, but just the inconsistencies were odd. That's when I asked and also got feedback that others have tended to notice it speeds up if it's not near fully wound. So I basically tried just winding it a lot initially, and for a week, it averaged about 1-1.5 seconds a day, and no variation that I experienced before. Could be worth trying it wound up all the way first and see how it goes?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#2,486 ·
Just a thought here, but my used copy was said to be about 0.5-1.5 seconds a day (I'm the second owner). My experience was anything but that, seeing gains of 3-7 seconds a day, which is fine, but just the inconsistencies were odd. That's when I asked and also got feedback that others have tended to notice it speeds up if it's not near fully wound. So I basically tried just winding it a lot initially, and for a week, it averaged about 1-1.5 seconds a day, and no variation that I experienced before. Could be worth trying it wound up all the way first and see how it goes?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I can try that as well. Do you unscrew the crown to the first position and manually wind it?