Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial a worthy upgrade? - Page 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial a worthy upgrade?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial a worthy upgrade?

I absolutely love the 300mc. While I really like the 2254.50 I wouldn't hesitate to move it for a 300mc. I used to have a 300 "WatchCo" a 2500 PO and a 300mc and the only Seamaster I currently own is the 300mc. Unlike the 2254.50 the 300mc really hits the heritage styling. It provides classic styling with modern tech. Just brush the polished center links on the bracelet and you're good to go.

Name:  The entire collection.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  1.87 MB

Keep the 2254.50.
    BufordTJustice and changym like this.

Frankly, I'd keep the 2254 for the emotional value. That said, the SM300mc is an amazing piece !
    I would not worry about the "Professional" moniker, I don't think it means much at all.

The omission of the HEV is actually a good thing in my book. I understand that it's part of the modern Seamaster ethos, but it means an additional hole in the case (potential water intrusion point) for a feature that is useless for pretty much everybody.

Name:  20180926_100132.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  426.9 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

if you were asking about this one, I'd give you a different answer

Name:  imngf7stlue11.jpg
Size:  856.5 KB

but in that case, considering why you bought it, and how long you've been wearing it, don't.
    quality wise, it'd be a worthy upgrade, but no more than the next sm300 will be an upgrade from the current one,
    maybe it's the vintage queues that don't feel right or the sober styling that I find just bland,
    but yours has a charisma I think the sm300 lacks.

as for the missing 'professional', it's just words, I think, for differentiation's sake and more in keeping with the cleaner overall style, not indicative of something 'missing'
    BufordTJustice and changym like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    if you were asking about this one, I'd give you a different answer

Name:  imngf7stlue11.jpg
Size:  856.5 KB

but in that case, considering why you bought it, and how long you've been wearing it, don't.
    quality wise, it'd be a worthy upgrade, but no more than the next sm300 will be an upgrade from the current one,
    maybe it's the vintage queues that don't feel right or the sober styling that I find just bland,
    but yours has a charisma I think the sm300 lacks.

as for the missing 'professional', it's just words, I think, for differentiation's sake and more in keeping with the cleaner overall style, not indicative of something 'missing'
    Oh there will be new Seamaster 300 coming around the corner? It's 5 years since it's introduction I suppose a new model would make sense. I guess it will include the missing master chronometer certification which is missing and a another bump in price
    Last edited by changym; 5 Days Ago at 05:59.
    Regards
    Chris

Omega Speedmaster Professional|Omega Seamaster Professional|Tag Heuer Indy 500|Tissot V8 MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Cant go wrong with either watch but your current watch is now harder to get than the MC so if there is any regret at all it won't be easy to get one back. I did a similar thing a few years ago with my SMP (electric blue). After a year or so I really missed it and it took me years to find another one in decent condition with history etc so you need to be 100% sure you wont miss it. You will also spot the price of yours one day and shudder. I paid around £1100 for mine and they're selling for £2000+ and climbing so be prepared for that moment of regret. Have you tried on the 300MC? if not, its definitely a watch you need to try on. I really love all versions of that watch. Theres a titanium and blue version which is particularly stunning but I just can't wear them due to the shape of the case and long lugs. They dont sit on my wrist properly. You may be fine but you certainly dont want to wave off your current faithful to find it doesn't sit right on your wrist. Best of luck choosing your next watch
    Good point, thanks for the advice will give it a try before deciding if 300 MC suit my wrist
    Regards
    Chris

Omega Speedmaster Professional|Omega Seamaster Professional|Tag Heuer Indy 500|Tissot V8 MotoGP

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by changym View Post
    Oh there will be new Seamaster 300 coming around the corner? It's 5 years since it's introduction I suppose a new model would make sense. I guess it will include the missing master chronometer certification which is missing and a another bump in price
    I meant eventually, no idea when,
    the since this was the year for the regular 300 and the POs are recent, at omega's refresh rate, I'd imagine next year..

a bump in the price is guaranteed to happen, yes
    changym likes this.

Keep the 2254 and save for the 300.
    changym likes this.

If I change the question to if only 1 of these 2 you can own which one you would chose?
    Regards
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by changym View Post
    If I change the question to if only 1 of these 2 you can own which one you would chose?
    Tough choice. I would pick the 2254.50.

The 300 is a fantastic watch. I really really like the 300 Spectre. The 2254.50 is not being produced anymore. I think they stopped around 2009. Keep it and save for 300.
    MichaelMaggi and changym like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information