Seamaster 300 White Dial - Page 6
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 White Dial

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 White Dial

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    I stayed away from WUS for years and now that I got a new PO I'm back. The influence is just terrible.

If I ever win the lottery jackpot I tell you I'll be the AD's favourite customer.
    I know exactly what you mean!
    1. This place, it's full of amazing watches and plenty of great reasons to buy them.
    2. Load of great guy's hang out here to 'help' us convince ourselves that we really do need that special new piece!
    Oh Man, my wife warned me about this place....
    solesman likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Looks really nice!

I am seriously considering buying this ceramic white dial Seamaster 300M when it is released this November, however I do not like the bracelet on this current model, and much prefer some of the other 20MM bracelets from prior gen Seamasters, and Planet Oceans, etc. If I bought the ceramic white dial Seamaster, I would get it on rubber, then purchase a different model bracelet separately ( through the AD or Ebay) With that said, I am trying to find out if any other 20MM Omega bracelets fit the 2018 / 2019 Seamaster 300. The bracelets I am interested in are ref# 1589/858 & 1580/952 from the Planet Ocean, 1998/849 from the older Seamaster, 1574/898 from the Railmaster. I reached out to Omega’s customer service inquiring back in Sept, and got no response, so hoping someone here could advise.
    Last edited by ramp1516; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:42.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    Someone earlier said it looked "plasticy". I'll go along with that.
    The indices and even the hands are outlined with black, so the theme is black/white which can look cheap if paired with a bracelet, though it looks better with the strap. The chrome/white PO definitely looks better on a bracelet.

I have the blue/sedna version, and I love it, but I am drawn to the lighter-dial versions also.

The gray/blue version looks fantastic, and the blue waves on gray/sunburst dial and blue surrounds for the hour markers are imho gorgeous.

This white-dial version has great pop, but like others above, I'm a little unsure about how it'll look in the metal... white is ironically maybe the hardest color to nail, it's awfully easy to have it look cheap and crappy, and remarkably difficult to have look sharp and attractive.

Looking forward to seeing it in person, just have to see what I think.

My only other thought is on the orange-bezel PO... I adore my PO 8500 XL with the orange anodized aluminum bezel, but the current orange ceramic doesn't appeal to me - the orange is very red, and while it's not an unattractive color, it just doesn't speak to me. Unfortunately, same story for the orange numerals on other PO models.

As much as I'm a huge PO fan overall, the current SMP's top notch look, size and finish makes it tough to argue in favor of the current PO, at least for me.
    Covenant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanster View Post
    I have the blue/sedna version, and I love it, but I am drawn to the lighter-dial versions also.

The gray/blue version looks fantastic, and the blue waves on gray/sunburst dial and blue surrounds for the hour markers are imho gorgeous.

This white-dial version has great pop, but like others above, I'm a little unsure about how it'll look in the metal... white is ironically maybe the hardest color to nail, it's awfully easy to have it look cheap and crappy, and remarkably difficult to have look sharp and attractive.

Looking forward to seeing it in person, just have to see what I think.

My only other thought is on the orange-bezel PO... I adore my PO 8500 XL with the orange anodized aluminum bezel, but the current orange ceramic doesn't appeal to me - the orange is very red, and while it's not an unattractive color, it just doesn't speak to me. Unfortunately, same story for the orange numerals on other PO models.

As much as I'm a huge PO fan overall, the current SMP's top notch look, size and finish makes it tough to argue in favor of the current PO, at least for me.
    The Omega Seamaster nice watch just too heavy to wear on the wrist

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Saw the white dial Seamaster 300 the other day in person and was able to try it on as well. I'm a sucker for a white dial diver but I think its my favorite of the bunch. Stuning crisp white dial. Looked great on a black rubber strap.

Quote Originally Posted by greent54 View Post

I have never heard this before, are you confusing it with the planet ocean 600?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
    I have never heard this before, are you confusing it with the planet ocean 600?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    He's right, though. The modern Seamaster 300m on bracelet is significantly heavier than something like a 3570.50 Moonwatch. It's also heavier than the 8500 42mm PO. Something about the bracelet makes it so heavy.
    greent54 likes this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Quote Originally Posted by greent54 View Post

I'll of course grant that the current wave-dial SMP 300m is larger/heavier than the classic 300m's, like my beloved 2254.

I also got the blue/sedna on strap, as the two-tone bracelets are remarkably expensive, and I wear most of my watches on straps anyhow, so I can't speak to the weight of the bracelet.

I also have nearly 8" caveman wrists, so even my PO XL 8500 or Ploprof 8500 aren't ludicrously oversized on me, but that's obviously a very different situation from someone with a less-Neanderthal bone structure.

All I can really say is that my blue/sedna SMP 300m is such a perfect mix of size/features for me that it's won a remarkably high proportion of my available wrist time since the day it showed up on my doorstep.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information