Seamaster 300 White Dial - Page 7
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 White Dial

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 White Dial

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    He's right, though. The modern Seamaster 300m on bracelet is significantly heavier than something like a 3570.50 Moonwatch. It's also heavier than the 8500 42mm PO. Something about the bracelet makes it so heavy.
    On the bracelet it's a definitely a watch you feel. I have the OEM rubber also and find it a better match in terms of looks and comfort though I respect the work Omega has put it into the design of the bracelet and clasp. FWIW, I think the updated adjustable clasp adds significant weight -- my Seamaster Trilogy has a lighter-weight bracelet but still suffers a bit from the chunky clasp. Definitely a trade-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkawall View Post
    On the bracelet it's a definitely a watch you feel. I have the OEM rubber also and find it a better match in terms of looks and comfort though I respect the work Omega has put it into the design of the bracelet and clasp. FWIW, I think the updated adjustable clasp adds significant weight -- my Seamaster Trilogy has a lighter-weight bracelet but still suffers a bit from the chunky clasp. Definitely a trade-off.
    While I don't (yet) own one, trying the SMP 300 on in store I thought the weight of the watch head was well balanced by the hefty bracelet. The overall wrist feel was surprisingly comfortable. Do owners find that the bracelet detracts from wearability long-term?
    Casual: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Business: Credor 9661-5000 SS/14K gold bezel with twin quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled gold Waltham pocket watch with acid-etched movement

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    While I don't (yet) own one, trying the SMP 300 on in store I thought the weight of the watch head was well balanced by the hefty bracelet. The overall wrist feel was surprisingly comfortable. Do owners find that the bracelet detracts from wearability long-term?
    Everyone is different I find the bracelet very weighty especially if you got clothes covering the Watch you're better off buying it on the plastic strap

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personal preference, but these watches look and feel best on the OEM rubber, particularly the white and grey/silver dial variants as the strap adds viewing contrast and feels better on the wrist.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

It's November!!!!!

Unfortunately I don't live by an AD so everyone please go to yours and post some pics and thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

haven't seen it in person, but one advice I would give to everyone, never buy a white dial watch without seeing it in person, a lot of times they look different than pictures.
    In order I have obtained
    > Seiko Chronograph SNA013P The Great Blue l Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Rosso Corsa l Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue Monte Carlo
    Seiko 5 SNXF01K1 Silver Fox l Seiko 5 - SNKP21J1 Middle East Edition l Longines Heritage 180th Anniversary Chrono
    Omega - Speedmaster Pro Project Alaska l G-Shock - G-9000MX-8 Mudman l Seiko Prospex SRPB51J1 Samurai
    Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock l G-Shock GMWB5000GD-9

My Reviews: Eulit Perlon Strap / Tudor Rubber Strap - Vanguard

Seamaster 300 White Dial

Quote Originally Posted by De Wolfe View Post
    haven't seen it in person, but one advice I would give to everyone, never buy a white dial watch without seeing it in person, a lot of times they look different than pictures.
    I think that can be said for most watches.

Example below. Same blue watch, two different photos. Omegas offical picture at the bottom.

Saw it at my local AD. I wasn’t as impressed as I was hoping. It looked nice but I’m sticking with my Sedna two toned Seamaster on rubber.

For those who are looking for one, Hyde Park in Newport Beach, Ca had it in stock.
    mastamuffin likes this.

Saw it in person today. I think I have a new favorite over the blue. I took some quick smartphone shots, although it was difficult to capture under boutique lighting. The wave pattern to the dial is more subdued than previous colourways, while the contrast of the hands and overall legibility is much higher. The red "Seamaster" text also appears more defined and legible Vs the blue, where it appears to run together a bit more.

Name:  20191104_130728.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  125.9 KB

Name:  20191104_130733.jpg
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  20191104_131115.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  181.3 KB
    tsteph12, rob09, 6R15 and 4 others like this.
    Casual: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Business: Credor 9661-5000 SS/14K gold bezel with twin quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled gold Waltham pocket watch with acid-etched movement

Name:  411541D5-5AAA-4EF8-8EA1-1161970D5A23.jpeg
Size:  2.03 MB

Tried a pre production on in Melbourne last week. Stunning in person. I was going to buy on rubber, but is very nice in person on bracelet too.
    Covenant, heb, TroutRunner and 1 others like this.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information