Seamaster 300 White Dial - Page 8
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 White Dial

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 White Dial

Quote Originally Posted by rob09 View Post
    Tried a pre production on in Melbourne last week. Stunning in person. I was going to buy on rubber, but is very nice in person on bracelet too.
    Great shot. I'm definitely a bracelet guy, but I thought the white dial on black rubber looked stunning too.
    Casual: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Business: Credor 9661-5000 SS/14K gold bezel with twin quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled gold Waltham pocket watch with acid-etched movement

I can't stop looking...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heb

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    While I don't (yet) own one, trying the SMP 300 on in store I thought the weight of the watch head was well balanced by the hefty bracelet. The overall wrist feel was surprisingly comfortable. Do owners find that the bracelet detracts from wearability long-term?
    It doesn't feel too heavy on my wrist. I don't get the complaints over this watch's weight. It is a friggin' stainless steel DIVER WATCH that's constructed to resist the pressure of 1000 ft of water! Buy a JLC Ultra Thin if you want light weight. HOWEVER, the steel bracelet on such a sports watch typically accounts for about 40% of the watch-on-wrist overall weight. So on a fabric strap, you can reduce the overall weight by 1/3.

heb

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    It doesn't feel too heavy on my wrist. I don't get the complaints over this watch's weight. It is a friggin' stainless steel DIVER WATCH that's constructed to resist the pressure of 1000 ft of water! Buy a JLC Ultra Thin if you want light weight. HOWEVER, the steel bracelet on such a sports watch typically accounts for about 40% of the watch-on-wrist overall weight. So on a fabric strap, you can reduce the overall weight by 1/3.

heb
    When I buy a divers watch I actually want to feel a bit of weight too it.

I always take watches on bracelet if possible, but this type of bracelet on is so bloody ugly and tacky in my eyes. It ruins this watch for me which I otherwise like very much. If they only had it on a speedmaster style bracelet ... I never understood why they changed from speedmaster type bracelet to this in the first place.

It would also be business-wise better to develop a collection of a few bracelet types, characteristic for the brand and make them available to their lineup of watches. While this would be more economical it would also be easyer to comprehend for the consumer, look classier and not all over the place. Instead they now practically have a unique design for every line of models. I mean - it shouldn't be that difficult: the have watches with lyre and straight lugs. Do a couple of designs based on the speedmaster bracelet tweaked to look good on one and the other type of lugs and a bead-of-riceier type of bracelet and have the widths and end lugs ready for consumer to choose. And never ever resurrect this atrocity.
    End rant.
    Matei Radulescu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter77 View Post
    I always take watches on bracelet if possible, but this type of bracelet on is so bloody ugly and tacky in my eyes. It ruins this watch for me which I otherwise like very much. If they only had it on a speedmaster style bracelet ... I never understood why they changed from speedmaster type bracelet to this in the first place.

It would also be business-wise better to develop a collection of a few bracelet types, characteristic for the brand and make them available to their lineup of watches. While this would be more economical it would also be easyer to comprehend for the consumer, look classier and not all over the place. Instead they now practically have a unique design for every line of models. I mean - it shouldn't be that difficult: the have watches with lyre and straight lugs. Do a couple of designs based on the speedmaster bracelet tweaked to look good on one and the other type of lugs and a bead-of-riceier type of bracelet and have the widths and end lugs ready for consumer to choose. And never ever resurrect this atrocity.
    End rant.
    Totally agree 100% with above. Love the watch, hate the bracelet. Would like to know if any other 20MM Omega bracelets from other models fit the 2018/2019 Seamaster 300????????????? I inquired to Omega directly, and got no response.

Anyone out there have older Seamaster/Planet Ocean with 20MM bracelet, and newest Seamaster 2018/19 model and can do a bracelet swap and confirm compatibility?
    Last edited by ramp1516; 1 Week Ago at 18:52.

Do the waves on the white dial give the watch a different look at various angles like they provide on the black and blue dial

Shouldn't these be delivered to stores soon? Cannot wait to see it in the metal.

Found this picture on Instagram. Dated two days ago. Pretty sweet.

I like it, but I'd like it a lot better if the Seamaster wordmark and the tip of the second hand were done in black (or blue).

Current:
    - Omega Speedmaster "FOIS" 311.32.40.30.01.001 #89XX

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information