Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition - Page 3
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition

I thought I knew a little bit about Bond but had to google that thing at 12:00. The bond coat of arms I find out. Clearly not the one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Really. I know it’s a movie tie-in LE, that kills it. Being so much of a Bond fan that one is willing to spend Omega money on a piece of movie merchandise just doesn’t ring my bell.
    Sappie66 likes this.
    My wish list - Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600, Omega Seamaster Chronograph 2594.52.00, IWC Big Pilot 5009, Breitling Chronomat Blackbird A13353, Rolex Explorer 214270.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    Really. I know it’s a movie tie-in LE, that kills it. Being so much of a Bond fan that one is willing to spend Omega money on a piece of movie merchandise just doesn’t ring my bell.
    Understandable, however there is nothing on the Spectre watch that is really recognizable bond, minus the caseback which is covered by my wrist and the tiny “007” on the nato strap (which can be removed with a simple strap change a la my photo). No barrel graphics, weird font, etc.

If you think the normal omega seamaster 300 is “classy,” then this watch is objectively classy (the only noticeable difference is the lollipop hand and gmt-ish dial, which arguably add “class” to the piece over the standard model)

I do understand that some of the sport models are over the top and aren’t “classy” based on a standard definition, but regarding “Omega money,” it’s not like you’re getting any less of a watch regarding movement, complications, functions, etc.

So while opinions on the pieces themselves are subjective, and I totally agree that they don’t float everyone’s boat, at least regarding the Spectre (which is why I think it’s so unique as a LE bond model), if a normal seamaster 300 is “classy” the 300 Spectre must also be, regardless of its status as a “bond LE”

~SaMaster14

Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" 007 Limited Edition 233.32.41.21.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Racing (rubber strap, yellow) 326.32..40.50.06.001
     Watch Series 4 - 44mm Stainless Steel & Ceramic (Black) - Sapphire Crystal - GPS+LTE
    Tudor
    1959 Vintage Two-Tone Oyster Prince Automatic - Alligator Strap
    Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chronograph (blue face) - Calibre 16

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know that there are a fair few that like these things here, but I cannot stand any James Bond watches. It is the adult version of "Bionic Man" kids' runners or a Superman lunch box. It cheapens the Omega brand IMO. The one I especially have disgust for is the Quantum of Solace PO with the laser-etched crystal.
    harry_flashman and shadash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sappie66 View Post
    I know that there are a fair few that like these things here, but I cannot stand any James Bond watches. It is the adult version of "Bionic Man" kids' runners or a Superman lunch box. It cheapens the Omega brand IMO. The one I especially have disgust for is the Quantum of Solace PO with the laser-etched crystal.
    Ever since they changed the design of the “Bond Watch” from this one, it has gone down hill...

Name:  BBA7FDF5-0E80-442B-A14A-0800D8C0BB62.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  1.08 MB
    Sappie66 and illumidata like this.

I'm actually in the process of selecting an Omega to add to my collection, but this one's not for me.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition

Am in the minority here but I quite like it. However, for the same money you can get the two tone with Sedna gold....which I find slightly more elegant.

7,007 pieces limited edition, ah well....

But I like that for once this is a proper, tacky, Bond, Exit through the gift shop watch, just as silly as the movies (in a good way).
    PeteJ likes this.

Watches in profile....

I have to say that, although this is not the watch for me, I think the premium charged for this LE is reasonable. The price for the regular model in two tone yellow gold - with rubber strap - is that same as the price of this James Bond LE. There are considerable modifications, additions and unique features, as well as a fair bit of gold. In addition, the stainless steel bracelet is thrown in. I really think that a great job was done overall, and that it will be a success. Just because it doesn't suit me, I can't dispute the fact that I believe it is overall a good value.

Cheers,
    Carl
    SaMaster14 and Aliosa_007 like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    Understandable, however there is nothing on the Spectre watch that is really recognizable bond, minus the caseback which is covered by my wrist and the tiny “007” on the nato strap (which can be removed with a simple strap change a la my photo). No barrel graphics, weird font, etc.

If you think the normal omega seamaster 300 is “classy,” then this watch is objectively classy (the only noticeable difference is the lollipop hand and gmt-ish dial, which arguably add “class” to the piece over the standard model)

I do understand that some of the sport models are over the top and aren’t “classy” based on a standard definition, but regarding “Omega money,” it’s not like you’re getting any less of a watch regarding movement, complications, functions, etc.

So while opinions on the pieces themselves are subjective, and I totally agree that they don’t float everyone’s boat, at least regarding the Spectre (which is why I think it’s so unique as a LE bond model), if a normal seamaster 300 is “classy” the 300 Spectre must also be, regardless of its status as a “bond LE”

You’re right, of course. For most of the Bond limited editions particularly, they look outlandish and, to my eye, ridiculous. Even the suspension of disbelief is difficult - a secret agent’s watch with his secret service designation on it? Nah, I don’t like it.

The Spectre is better, I’ll give you that. The normal Seamaster 300 is nice, I wouldn’t buy one (it’s just not ‘me’) but it is nice.

What’s different for me is knowing. I know it’s a movie tie-in and it’s that in itself in this case (though amongst other things in cases of the more garish models) that switches me off to it.

If you like it, go for it (it looks like you have!) I’m one man and clearly Omega are selling enough without me picking one up.

What I am saying that I like is that though I may dislike the unlimited-limited editions, the franchise association has done the world of good for Omega and that either directly or indirectly that has led me to appreciate some great watches. I think we can both get behind that.
    teeritz, Sappie66 and carlhaluss like this.
    My wish list - Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600, Omega Seamaster Chronograph 2594.52.00, IWC Big Pilot 5009, Breitling Chronomat Blackbird A13353, Rolex Explorer 214270.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_flashman View Post
    Ever since they changed the design of the “Bond Watch” from this one, it has gone down hill...

Name:  BBA7FDF5-0E80-442B-A14A-0800D8C0BB62.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  1.08 MB

I don’t agree with you - I think the SMP and PO models Omega has slapped on Bond’s wrist are great watches. The 2541/2531 especially. Where they have gone awry, again to me, is that they’ve chopped his watch every movie and often had him wear two. That’s a more cynical attempt to cash in. It may work for others and that’s absolutely fine, to me it does not work.

We get into the realms of the ridiculous when I say this - but the character wouldn’t have a drawer full of watches, issued or not.

On the other hand, that big-crown Submariner is a thing of beauty to me. If only I had enough for a small house or a very nice car to spend on a watch!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information