Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition - Page 5
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300m James Bond Limited Edition

I guess...

Can't really see this model gaining any traction. It's down grade IMHO to remove the laser etched waves in place of the barrel design.

Looks pretty terrible

Omega pays a lot of money for the product placement/licensing. Can't blame them for cashing in.
    Some people would wear a dog dropping if it said "007" on it.
    Sappie66 and carlhaluss like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watch129025 View Post
    Omega pays a lot of money for the product placement/licensing. Can't blame them for cashing in.
    Some people would wear a dog dropping if it said "007" on it.
    Hopefully for Omega, because it is a dog dropping.

Omega can place their watches on James Bond's wrist, that's fine. Making a watch with "007" markings or references emblazoned on it is simply childish. And they market this to grown men. Well, apparently it works on certain levels.
    Watch129025 likes this.

I love the SMP line, but this one isn't my cup of tea. Too busy, IMO

Well, tomorrow I get to see one in real life. The local Boutique is receiving 4 tomorrow, and I definitely want to see the watch in real life. For me, that is more out of curiosity than anything. While I do appreciate certain elements of the watch, the sapphire case back with engraving is the biggest deal breaker. This is the second LE model in the past few months I passed on. The first was the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, although I must admit when I saw it in real life, I was more appreciative of it. Nevertheless, I knew if I got it, it would not get much wear.

So, after seeing the new James Bond 007 LE, this is the watch I decided to get, and I am very happy with my decision:

Name:  FOIS1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  2.47 MB
    solesman, Horoticus and spartan6 like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Missed the sedna version eh Carl? Thats a classic right there mate. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Well, tomorrow I get to see one in real life. The local Boutique is receiving 4 tomorrow, and I definitely want to see the watch in real life. For me, that is more out of curiosity than anything. While I do appreciate certain elements of the watch, the sapphire case back with engraving is the biggest deal breaker. This is the second LE model in the past few months I passed on. The first was the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, although I must admit when I saw it in real life, I was more appreciative of it. Nevertheless, I knew if I got it, it would not get much wear.

So, after seeing the new James Bond 007 LE, this is the watch I decided to get, and I am very happy with my decision:

Name:  FOIS1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  2.47 MB
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Missed the sedna version eh Carl? Thats a classic right there mate. Cheers.
    As beautiful as the Sedna version is, I donít miss it at all. Will I ever learn not to get a watch for the main reason that it is beautiful, without much regard to how much Wrist time it will get!? Well, I think Iím almost there, at least with gold watches and the huge hit on resale. Anyway, this FOIS is such a solid collection piece. Even the sales associate I always deal with at the boutique advised me to get the stainless steel model. He has really become a good friend and has, on more than one occasion actually talked me out of buying a new piece. I think he knows me better than I know myself! He has really and truly saved me money, and often made me really consider what the hell Iím doing! When one is as impulsive as I, it is real easy to pull out that credit card!

The FOIS is such a comfort piece, and so versatile, and is starting to really make me consider what is the point of having some of the other watches in my collection.

Iím pretty certain that the beautiful Sub you got is going to be a huge winning piece for you!

Cheers,
    Carl
    solesman, hugof3C and keisuke_z like this.

dupe
    Last edited by carlhaluss; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:30.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    As beautiful as the Sedna version is, I donít miss it at all. Will I ever learn not to get a watch for the main reason that it is beautiful, without much regard to how much Wrist time it will get!? Well, I think Iím almost there, at least with gold watches and the huge hit on resale. Anyway, this FOIS is such a solid collection piece. Even the sales associate I always deal with at the boutique advised me to get the stainless steel model. He has really become a good friend and has, on more than one occasion actually talked me out of buying a new piece. I think he knows me better than I know myself! He has really and truly saved me money, and often made me really consider what the hell Iím doing! When one is as impulsive as I, it is real easy to pull out that credit card!

The FOIS is such a comfort piece, and so versatile, and is starting to really make me consider what is the point of having some of the other watches in my collection.

Iím pretty certain that the beautiful Sub you got is going to be a huge winning piece for you!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Thatís good to hear of someone in sales who has a moral compass!

Yep the Sun is a keeper. I shouldíve bought one of these years ago. One of the chaps at the gym had his 114060 on. I took a look and try on and I smiled knowing I made the right decision for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich