Seamaster Diver 300 42mm: Blue or Black for daily wear? - Page 4

Poll: Blue or Black Dial Seamaster?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Seamaster Diver 300 42mm: Blue or Black for daily wear?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Seamaster Diver 300 42mm: Blue or Black for daily wear?

Ive tried these on several times and I still cant decide. My heart says blue but I think for a daily wearer its the black. I think the shade of blue on this model is a bit vivid in daylight. If youre able to see the watches in daylight side by side that might sway you. Its not that the blue is bright. I own a blue pelagos and thats kingfisher blue which is as blue as you can get. Maybe its the white enamelled bezel that knocks the edge of it. It adds another colour into the mix? maybe it clutters the dial? with the black you have the black dial and the waves and numerals look more neutral as they look greyer? Having said all that I still love the blue as its a seamaster right? I kind of like the white but after spending some time browsing the christopher ward site, that black bezel is bothering me. Probably not much help but this is my wobbly thought process on these watches. Try and see them in natural light before pulling the trigger would be my advice. End of the day, you cant go wrong with the seamasters. Best of luck choosing. Keep this thread updated with your final choice. It might help me towards committing too.

Blue. Contrary to what many are led to believe, blue is a more versatile/complimentary color with MOST other colors.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestownoasis View Post
    Blue. Contrary to what many are led to believe, blue is a more versatile/complimentary color with MOST other colors.
    This exactly. Many say that blue is the most versatile color in a men's wardrobe and I agree with that.
    Rolex Submariner | Omega Speedmaster Professional | Seiko SKX009 | G-Shock GWM5610

IG: watchdsquared

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Another vote for blue here - something about the Seamaster and blue that just go together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    usmc_k9_vet likes this.
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

BlackName:  20191229_140523.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  2.66 MB
    BrOoO

Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    Another vote for blue here - something about the Seamaster and blue that just go together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even the shark has one

Boom, let it rain

Quote Originally Posted by Betterthere View Post
    BlackName:  20191229_140523.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  2.66 MB
    Need your tips on the Erika please
    Betterthere likes this.

Thank you everyone for your replies and insights, keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by uvalaw2005 View Post
    This is a tough one. For my collection, I'd go blue, because it will complement the black dial Speedy and white dial OP and when I think of the Seamaster, I think of the blue wave dial.
    The point about complementing a Speedy is interesting. I've heard it said many times that every watch collector has owned, will own, or does own a Speedy Pro, and always thought that would never apply to me. While I think the design and aesthetic of the Speedy is outstanding, I've always been put off by the outdated movement. I like Omega watches specifically because their Master Chronometers are so advanced, durable and reliable; the Calibre 1861 just doesn't do it for me. However, if the rumour that they'll be replacing the 1861 with the Master Chronometer 3861 in the near future is true, then it's likely I'll be adding a Speedy to my collection in a year or two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zaratsu View Post
    If you want it for a daily, I say black. There's pretty much no outfit that will look bad with a black watch.

I spent years buying coloured divers that "pop" and were exciting and bright and not just another boring black diver. They were all fun to own and I don't regret the journey, and when I decided to consolidate to 1 diver, I sold them all and went for a single black SMP300.
    Quote Originally Posted by qa_ii View Post
    The blue is fine if you already have enough black watches. If not, however, it's just not versatile enough (in my opinion) to spend that amount of money on something that comes with such limitations so I'd have to get the black. This is said after owning 10 or so blue watches over the years, each one so very beautiful in its own right, only to eventually become bored of every one and have to sell it. Lastly, the white is actually my favorite for this particular model.
    These are the comments that worry me most about going for the blue dial. I'm attracted to colour in watches; I wore a Siren Red Nomos Club daily for almost a year. And then sold it. The watch that stuck to my wrist the longest is the Tudor North Flag, which I wore for about three years, which is a black ceramic dial with pops of yellow (not unlike the black with pops of red for the Omega). I worry that the blue will be stunning in the short term and fatiguing in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestownoasis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsquared24 View Post
    This exactly. Many say that blue is the most versatile color in a men's wardrobe and I agree with that.
    And these are the counter-arguments for blue (along with a potential Speedy pairing). I tend to wear browns and colours a lot (brown leather shoes with blue/green/red/purple shirts) and not a lot of plain blacks or whites. While a black dial watch wouldn't necessarily clash or look out of place with any of my clothes, it wouldn't compliment them as well as the blue either.
    uvalaw2005 likes this.

I went blue because the deal was right, but I would also have done the black. You can't go wrong with either.

My question is, how in the world do you keep the clasp from getting scratches on it because I am seeing some small scratches and I am just a desk diver.
    "smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."

Longines Olympian, Omega Seamaster 300M Co-Axial....

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Rimmer View Post
    I went blue because the deal was right, but I would also have done the black. You can't go wrong with either.

My question is, how in the world do you keep the clasp from getting scratches on it because I am seeing some small scratches and I am just a desk diver.
    I honestly find desk diving is worse for clasp scratches than real diving. Your wrist is scratching it up against the table all day when using a computer.
    Cod Holliday likes this.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information