Seamaster Diver 300 42mm: Blue or Black for daily wear? - Page 8

Poll: Blue or Black Dial Seamaster?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Seamaster Diver 300 42mm: Blue or Black for daily wear?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Seamaster Diver 300 42mm: Blue or Black for daily wear?

I know I would have a tough choice between those two, but shoot, I am looking hard at the gray. It makes it even more difficult when all four look great! I really like the white. I think the white would look cool with the blue bezel.

Anyway, glad you made your choice and will look forward to seeing the watch when you get it and take a picture for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    In the end, based purely on the high contrast and the way the dial plays with light, I've decided on the black dial as the version for me. The ceramic on the black seems to manage a higher gloss than the blue, appearing at once more subdued due to the lack of a bright colourway but yet paradoxically more dazzling due to the extra reflectiveness of the material. Now all that's left is to find a good grey market deal, as the RRP is still a slightly too bitter pill to swallow.

Thank you everyone for your help and insights!
    Good choice. Im still seriously considering a black SMP myself. The only thing thats holding me back is I dont think the bracelet works on the new models which would mean buying it on rubber so I would miss out on that great clasp. I would also add, dont necessarily assume grey market is the cheapest option. ADs will do deals. At least here in the UK. Although its dependent on model etc. I almost bought my AT via a grey seller but ran it by my AD and he beat their price so I got to try them all on, have a chat, cup of coffee etc and walked out with my new watch. Best of luck sourcing your watch.
    Covenant likes this.

Blue is the way to go. Just looking at that gorgeous dial/bezel combo makes me feel happy inside, and I can almost smell the salty sea air and feel the beach sand between my toes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had the same dilemma when purchasing my Seamaster PO last year and ultimately decided to go with black as it looked more classy and versatile. However, if I were to buy a Seamaster 300, my preference would be the blue dial.

I had the blue 41mm SPMc for a couple of years, and recently got the black 42mm SMPc in September. Having worn both for a decent amount of time, I much prefer the black. I know the blue is a favorite around here, but as strange as it sounds, the black is much more dynamic. For me, the blue became to seem a little muted after awhile. I think the indices and the bezel markings (especially on the new version) pop a lot more on the black version.
    Covenant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
    I know the blue is a favorite around here, but as strange as it sounds, the black is much more dynamic. For me, the blue became to seem a little muted after awhile. I think the indices and the bezel markings (especially on the new version) pop a lot more on the black version.
    I've come to very much agree with this sentiment!

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    I would also add, dont necessarily assume grey market is the cheapest option. ADs will do deals. At least here in the UK. Although its dependent on model etc. I almost bought my AT via a grey seller but ran it by my AD and he beat their price so I got to try them all on, have a chat, cup of coffee etc and walked out with my new watch. Best of luck sourcing your watch.
    Very good advice! I've been scouring the Internet for grey market/used deals for a while and honestly the pricing isn't that good, especially when you factor in Paypal fees, shipping, and potential import duties. Plus the potential for fakes scares me; that thread in this forum about very convincing fakes floating around is certainly something to consider. I checked in with my Omega AD yesterday, and while they didn't have a black dial in stock, they let me know that as of Feb 1st Omega prices will be going up again.

Given that information, I decided to try and source one quickly rather than wait and get hit with a price hike. Thankfully I've got another Omega AD nearby (one of the perks to living in Sydney, lots of luxury watch shops to choose from!), and it turns out they DID have a black dial on bracelet in stock. So I made a trip into the city today, and after a bit of haggling, my dream daily watch is finally mine!

Name:  20200118_143711.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  3.48 MB

Name:  20200118_143719.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  3.52 MB

Name:  IMG-20200118-WA0005.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  1.02 MB

I'm a bit stunned at the moment to be honest. This morning the Omega was still just a dream in my head, and I haven't quite come to terms with its reality yet. Looking down at my wrist actually makes me feel nervous, in a 'first date butterflies' kind of way. While I've owned some great watches in the past, this Omega is in another league entirely, and I'm over the moon with it! I'll post something more coherent and in-depth with proper photos once I've settled down and can think rationally again :D

Excellent choice, huge congrats, enjoy the honeymoon phase and wear it in good health. It looks very good on your wrist. Are you also going to get the black rubber strap at some stage?
    Covenant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Excellent choice, huge congrats, enjoy the honeymoon phase and wear it in good health. It looks very good on your wrist. Are you also going to get the black rubber strap at some stage?
    Probably. I'm interested in trying leather and NATO options too. But for the time being bracelet is my preference :)
    Sloopjohnb likes this.

Congratulations!

Enjoy wearing and staring at your fantastic new Omega.

Nigel
    fskywalker likes this.

Very nice!
    fskywalker likes this.
    Current Lineup: TBD
    Rolex Submariner 116613LN Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Breitling Galactic Unitime Sleek T World Timer Breitling Avenger II Chronograph
    Omega Seamaster 300M 44MM GMT Chronograph Deep Blue Master 2000
    Tissot T-Touch Expert, All Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual AT CB0000-57E
    TBD TBD

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information