Seamaster Diver 300m midsize release?

Thread: Seamaster Diver 300m midsize release?

Seamaster Diver 300m midsize release?

Omega previously had midsize Diver 300m, however they haven't released a midsize one yet, since the update to Master Chronometer. What is the likelihood of Omega releasing a midsize Diver 300m master chronometer? Any insight would be appreciated guys, as I'm itching to pull the trigger on a 38mm Diver 300m with the silver dial!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: Seamaster Diver 300m midsize release?

I just looked at the current line up and they do make a 38mm Aqua terra that uses the same 8800 movement with 6:00 date as the Diver 300.

I think the biggest barrier with different (smaller) sizes when a company upgrades their movements is whether the movement will fit in a midsize case. For example Tudor had to develop a whole new caliber to produce the BB58 because the in house movement for the original black bays is huge and ends up making the watch very thick.

I don’t know if there is a huge difference in the necessary internal dimensions of the cases of a Diver 300 vs an Aqua Terra, but my guess is they can make a mid sized diver if they want to with the current movement.

I have no idea if they will but the odds are better if they can do it without making a new movement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog View Post
    I just looked at the current line up and they do make a 38mm Aqua terra that uses the same 8800 movement with 6:00 date as the Diver 300.

I think the biggest barrier with different (smaller) sizes when a company upgrades their movements is whether the movement will fit in a midsize case. For example Tudor had to develop a whole new caliber to produce the BB58 because the in house movement for the original black bays is huge and ends up making the watch very thick.

I don’t know if there is a huge difference in the necessary internal dimensions of the cases of a Diver 300 vs an Aqua Terra, but my guess is they can make a mid sized diver if they want to with the current movement.

I have no idea if they will but the odds are better if they can do it without making a new movement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The planet ocean 39.5 runs on the 8800 as well, so they can at the very least make it that small. I really hope they introduce one at that size, because the PO fits me just beautifully.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

39mm SMP pro would be nice! I'd consider that over the 42

Do not count on it, at all. There won't be any midsize version on that one.

Check the upcoming Chrono Divers 300, the trend is to go for bigger cases on this reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    Do not count on it, at all. There won't be any midsize version on that one.

Check the upcoming Chrono Divers 300, the trend is to go for bigger cases on this reference.
    To be fair, Chronos are almost always bigger than their standard counterpart.

It is a shame really. I was quite excited about the general look and specifications of the 300m. But when I went to try on the watch I thought it was too big for my 7.5 inch wrist. Some would say that it is fine. But I have never liked big watches and I don't think it suits my style. With the increase in size and the choice to drop the mid-size version, Omega has put the model out of my 'size-range' as Omega tends to do.

Thread Information