TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I love my 42mm 2500D and it's not going anywhere. I have a rule: If it doesn't get worn, it goes up for sale.

I feel like that is a good rule. OP says they wear it but essentially donít feel the love which is the same as not wearing.

I say time to put It up for sale.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Put it away for a month or two. Dont wear it or look at it. Then bring it out and see how you feel. If you feel excited when wearing it again, sell it.

I sold a DeVille recently. I didnt wear it often but I did admire it. When I took it out and wore it, it didnt excite me. So off it went.

I'ts good to keep an Omega in your collection. But it all depends if you are a fan of the brand. Any other Omega that would interest you?
    Not really

Interesting brands: Panerai, Rolex, and maybe another Tudor

Panerai? I'm a little unsure about that brand. I'm no expert mind so take my view with a pinch of salt. Great looking watches but last time I looked big money for a watch with a 7750 movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is a great watch which I would never swap for a PAM.
    That said, if you no longer feel excitement when wearing the watch (it happens) - just let her go.

Nice collection btw.
    Anotherrcguy likes this.

I would keep it mate, I've had mine for 10 plus and though now not worn as often it has it's value to me paid back many times and still is enjoyable to wear when the itch needs a scratch...
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm currently in a similar situation with my PO. Only advice I can offer is to take your time deciding. You have a great collection which obviously makes it harder. Your PO is a classic so tread carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherrcguy View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

I have had my wonderful Omege P.O. for several years now. I purchase it brand new O.S. from an A.D.
    It has the steel bracelet and has the brown Omega croc strap w/Omega deployment clasp.
    2500C movement and keeps wonderful time and I have no complaints (very thin compared to today's movement.
    I even added the new adjustable clasp to the bracelet as i could never get the fit quite rite.

What's the problem then... I admire it every time i look at it but when i put it on it just doesn't get me excited and i'm not sure why.
    I have been admiring some other pieces lately such as the Panerai Pam312.

It is versatile, rugged, handsome, and yet I find myself wearing my Tudor SS almost daily.

Thoughts and positive comments appreciated.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

If you dont wear it, move it on. Theres no point having money tied up in something that sits in a drawer. Its served you well, you enjoyed it for a few years so its time to have a change. I ended up moving my 2500 on. I all of a sudden fell out of love with it. Nice watch, but dont miss it. As for a Panerai, theyve always fascinated me but they are huge. I saw someone wearing one the other day and it looked ridiculous. Maybe its the current trend towards smaller watches that exaggerated its size but I felt myself doing a double take at the poor guy. They are horrors to move on too apparently. Love the Tudor BB steel by the way. What a cool looking watch.

Iím in the same boat. Iíve owned 2500 POís for the past 10 years. Started with a 45.5mm then went to the 42mm as I realised that the 45 was just too big. Iím not sure why Iím not quite so excited by it anymore, it was my only watch for a while and I loved wearing it. It had a really timeless (forgive the pun please!) feel when I first had it, best of older design with new technology and features, but now it doesnít seem to quite have the same charm as a Speedmaster, for example. I think more than anything it feels too big for me, maybe it would fare better on a strap. Iím really torn on whether to keep or sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PO 2500 are getting harder to come by, but there will always be atleast a few on the market because of how popular they were. If you do end up selling it, you shouldn't have any problem with buying another one. Unless it holds sentimental value, I would sell it.

RDK

Keep it!
    It's such a great watch. You'll regret selling it.
    TSC likes this.
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information