TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Hello Gentlemen,

I have had my wonderful Omege P.O. for several years now. I purchase it brand new O.S. from an A.D.
    It has the steel bracelet and has the brown Omega croc strap w/Omega deployment clasp.
    2500C movement and keeps wonderful time and I have no complaints (very thin compared to today's movement.
    I even added the new adjustable clasp to the bracelet as i could never get the fit quite rite.

What's the problem then... I admire it every time i look at it but when i put it on it just doesn't get me excited and i'm not sure why.
    I have been admiring some other pieces lately such as the Panerai Pam312.

It is versatile, rugged, handsome, and yet I find myself wearing my Tudor SS almost daily.

Thoughts and positive comments appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Anotherrcguy; 1 Day Ago at 02:40.

Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Sounds like you have a "good" one. Mine is currently at OSC for the third time this year trying to get a fast running movement under control. If it doesn't do it for you, then move on. Or, if you are able, get what you are after and once you've worn it awhile, see if you come back to the Planet Ocean. It is a fantastic looking and wearing piece. Is that the 45mm or the 42?

Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    Sounds like you have a "good" one. Mine is currently at OSC for the third time this year trying to get a fast running movement under control. If it doesn't do it for you, then move on. Or, if you are able, get what you are after and once you've worn it awhile, see if you come back to the Planet Ocean. It is a fantastic looking and wearing piece. Is that the 45mm or the 42?
    Omega
    Seamaster Planet Ocean 42mm Automatic in Steel
    On Brown Alligator Leather Strap with Black Dial 2901.50.47

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love my 42mm 2500D and it's not going anywhere. I have a rule: If it doesn't get worn, it goes up for sale.

Anotherrcguy likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Orient Triton
    Precista PRS-14

That's a beauty! Love the lume. I would have thought that would be a keeper. Do you own many watches? I find as I'm sure many do to rotate that way you dont get so used to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa2600 View Post
    That's a beauty! Love the lume. I would have thought that would be a keeper. Do you own many watches? I find as I'm sure many do to rotate that way you dont get so used to seeing it.
    5 including the PO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherrcguy View Post
    5 including the PO
    Oh! 😆.
    Really not sure then. Maybe you've just grown out of it.
    It dose look very nice on the leather strap though.

All my watches are listed in my signature. For me, the key is keeping a manageable rotation that I enjoy wearing. Staying out of the constant buy/flip cycle is better for my self esteem and my bank account.
    Anotherrcguy likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Orient Triton
    Precista PRS-14

I struggle with rotation. I ware my hamilton the most as it my every day work watch, and I'm always working! It's almost 2am and guess what...I'm still working 😆.

Hello Gentlemen,

I have had my wonderful Omege P.O. for several years now. I purchase it brand new O.S. from an A.D.
    It has the steel bracelet and has the brown Omega croc strap w/Omega deployment clasp.
    2500C movement and keeps wonderful time and I have no complaints (very thin compared to today's movement.
    I even added the new adjustable clasp to the bracelet as i could never get the fit quite rite.

What's the problem then... I admire it every time i look at it but when i put it on it just doesn't get me excited and i'm not sure why.
    I have been admiring some other pieces lately such as the Panerai Pam312.

It is versatile, rugged, handsome, and yet I find myself wearing my Tudor SS almost daily.

Thoughts and positive comments appreciated.
    Put it away for a month or two. Dont wear it or look at it. Then bring it out and see how you feel. If you feel excited when wearing it again, sell it.

I sold a DeVille recently. I didnt wear it often but I did admire it. When I took it out and wore it, it didnt excite me. So off it went.

5 including the PO

I'ts good to keep an Omega in your collection. But it all depends if you are a fan of the brand. Any other Omega that would interest you?
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 1 Day Ago at 04:59.
    NMGE17 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information