TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    241

    TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    Hello Gentlemen,

    I have had my wonderful Omege P.O. for several years now. I purchase it brand new O.S. from an A.D.
    It has the steel bracelet and has the brown Omega croc strap w/Omega deployment clasp.
    2500C movement and keeps wonderful time and I have no complaints (very thin compared to today's movement.
    I even added the new adjustable clasp to the bracelet as i could never get the fit quite rite.

    What's the problem then... I admire it every time i look at it but when i put it on it just doesn't get me excited and i'm not sure why.
    I have been admiring some other pieces lately such as the Panerai Pam312.

    It is versatile, rugged, handsome, and yet I find myself wearing my Tudor SS almost daily.

    Thoughts and positive comments appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by Anotherrcguy; 1 Day Ago at 02:40.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    140

    Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    Sounds like you have a "good" one. Mine is currently at OSC for the third time this year trying to get a fast running movement under control. If it doesn't do it for you, then move on. Or, if you are able, get what you are after and once you've worn it awhile, see if you come back to the Planet Ocean. It is a fantastic looking and wearing piece. Is that the 45mm or the 42?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    241

    Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    Sounds like you have a "good" one. Mine is currently at OSC for the third time this year trying to get a fast running movement under control. If it doesn't do it for you, then move on. Or, if you are able, get what you are after and once you've worn it awhile, see if you come back to the Planet Ocean. It is a fantastic looking and wearing piece. Is that the 45mm or the 42?
    Omega
    Seamaster Planet Ocean 42mm Automatic in Steel
    On Brown Alligator Leather Strap with Black Dial 2901.50.47

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    2,588

    Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    I love my 42mm 2500D and it's not going anywhere. I have a rule: If it doesn't get worn, it goes up for sale.

    Anotherrcguy likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Orient Triton
    Precista PRS-14




  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    110
    That's a beauty! Love the lume. I would have thought that would be a keeper. Do you own many watches? I find as I'm sure many do to rotate that way you dont get so used to seeing it.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    241

    Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa2600 View Post
    That's a beauty! Love the lume. I would have thought that would be a keeper. Do you own many watches? I find as I'm sure many do to rotate that way you dont get so used to seeing it.
    5 including the PO
    Attached Images Attached Images


  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotherrcguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa2600 View Post
    That's a beauty! Love the lume. I would have thought that would be a keeper. Do you own many watches? I find as I'm sure many do to rotate that way you dont get so used to seeing it.
    5 including the PO
    Oh! 😆.
    Really not sure then. Maybe you've just grown out of it.
    It dose look very nice on the leather strap though.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    2,588

    Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa2600 View Post
    That's a beauty! Love the lume. I would have thought that would be a keeper. Do you own many watches? I find as I'm sure many do to rotate that way you dont get so used to seeing it.
    All my watches are listed in my signature. For me, the key is keeping a manageable rotation that I enjoy wearing. Staying out of the constant buy/flip cycle is better for my self esteem and my bank account.
    Anotherrcguy likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Orient Triton
    Precista PRS-14




  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    110
    I struggle with rotation. I ware my hamilton the most as it my every day work watch, and I'm always working! It's almost 2am and guess what...I'm still working 😆.

  11. #10
    Member anonymousmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    8,747

    Re: TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL - THAT IS THE QUESTION?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anotherrcguy View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

    I have had my wonderful Omege P.O. for several years now. I purchase it brand new O.S. from an A.D.
    It has the steel bracelet and has the brown Omega croc strap w/Omega deployment clasp.
    2500C movement and keeps wonderful time and I have no complaints (very thin compared to today's movement.
    I even added the new adjustable clasp to the bracelet as i could never get the fit quite rite.

    What's the problem then... I admire it every time i look at it but when i put it on it just doesn't get me excited and i'm not sure why.
    I have been admiring some other pieces lately such as the Panerai Pam312.

    It is versatile, rugged, handsome, and yet I find myself wearing my Tudor SS almost daily.

    Thoughts and positive comments appreciated.
    Put it away for a month or two. Dont wear it or look at it. Then bring it out and see how you feel. If you feel excited when wearing it again, sell it.

    I sold a DeVille recently. I didnt wear it often but I did admire it. When I took it out and wore it, it didnt excite me. So off it went.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anotherrcguy View Post
    5 including the PO

    I'ts good to keep an Omega in your collection. But it all depends if you are a fan of the brand. Any other Omega that would interest you?
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 1 Day Ago at 04:59.
    NMGE17 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. damon-becker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •