Which series to get ? Omega speedmaster Michael Schumacher 1996 or 1997

View Poll Results: Which series to get ? Omega speedmaster Michael Schumacher 1996 or 1997

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • 996 Omega Speedmaster Schumacher Automatic Chronograph Watch Ref: 3510.61.00 with Rare Red Dial

4 23.53%
  • Omega "Schumacher" Speedmaster MK40. Ref. 3820.53.26

13 76.47%

Thread: Which series to get ? Omega speedmaster Michael Schumacher 1996 or 1997

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Which series to get ? Omega speedmaster Michael Schumacher 1996 or 1997

Hi Guys, I was considering to get a get a 2nd Omega but this time around it would be e OMEGA SPEEDMASTER MICHAEL SCHUMACHER series. Is there any thing which u guys consider a unique pc in the MICHAEL SCHUMACHER series ?

I always like to hear some views before I hit the nail and hopefully someone here can give their feedbacks and suggestions if any.

Currently there's two which is on my mind and I hope to see some results from the Poll put up within this thread.

Come guys, start your engines .... Vrooom vroomm >>>

1) 1996 Omega Speedmaster Schumacher Automatic Chronograph Watch Ref: 3510.61.00 with Rare Red Dial

Pics from WatchObsession

2) 1997 Omega Speedmaster MK40 AM/PM Triple Calendar 3520.53.00

Wristshot borrowed from http://www30.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=9063954

Re: Which series to get ? Omega speedmaster Michael Schumacher 1996 or 1997

First post:

I'd say go with the 3510.61.00 (Red Dial). 1996 was historically significant for Schumacher as it was his first year with Ferrari.

Definitely this one, all those hands and dials are great fun It's a great little watch ( On Royal Engineers strap for those who don't know it. )

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i honestly don't particulary like either. i think the 'classic' speedie is a better option. but if you must go for a schumacher, how about the yellow dial. i think the red dial looks a little, shall we say, rustic.

depends on what you are searching in a watch

red one only tells time
    blue one(which i also have) tell you time, date, month and day

furthermore, this is the only triple calendar with these colors and they made it look like the flightmaster(blue, arrowlike hand on date)
    wanna know the date, just search for the yellow arrow.
    with other types they are not so readable because al the hands look the same.
    you can also take the 3520.53.00 which is the metal band type. you can always replace the watchband later like i did

Name:  DSCF1588-1600.jpg
Views: 22739
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  2009_05170026-1800.jpg
Views: 17315
Size:  48.5 KB
    Last edited by GravityZ; May 20th, 2009 at 20:17.

I like the 1997, but I have the 2001 version.

My Collection --> Click Here

I'm not certain but is the day/date really an official "Schumacher Collection" watch? Schumacher was used in Omega's ad campaign for the day/date but were they sold as official Schuey watches by Omega? I figure the special versions that came out later which had his name and all the championship stuff written and engraved on it were the 'official' Schuey watches.

Not sure if I'm correct on this though since I pay no mind to anything Schumacher after '95, '96 Was a huge fan in '94 but I slowly grew to dislike him some how, the years at Ferrari just cemented that feeling Man, I did love watching him in the rain though, incredible-)

Anyway, I personally love the Mk40 Day/Date version with it's cockpit gauge inspired dial I don't think I'm flamboyant enough to sport the red one Best of luck with your decision

-Chris

PS. Go Vettel!

"Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is 'THE' sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!"
    "You got a receipt?"
    "Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad"
    "In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks......."
    "Just give me the money"

the blue mk40 was an official shumacher watch(otherwise why make advertisements with it)
    at that time he was racing for Benneton so his star was rising
    after he got immensely populair with Ferrari omega decided to actually make watches with a racing attitute.

so i think the blue mk40 was developed with the flightmaster look in mind(or maybee the blue benneton)
    all speedmasters after this were probably designed with some feedback from shumi regarding the things he liked/did not like and some items related to racing.
    after all i do not think shumi could read anything more than the time while racing

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Gong View Post
    I'm not certain but is the day/date really an official "Schumacher Collection" watch? Schumacher was used in Omega's ad campaign for the day/date but were they sold as official Schuey watches by Omega? I figure the special versions that came out later which had his name and all the championship stuff written and engraved on it were the 'official' Schuey watches.

Not sure if I'm correct on this though since I pay no mind to anything Schumacher after '95, '96 Was a huge fan in '94 but I slowly grew to dislike him some how, the years at Ferrari just cemented that feeling Man, I did love watching him in the rain though, incredible-)

Anyway, I personally love the Mk40 Day/Date version with it's cockpit gauge inspired dial I don't think I'm flamboyant enough to sport the red one Best of luck with your decision

-Chris

PS. Go Vettel!

IMO, I feel that it is not entirely correct to label the mk40 as an official Schumi watch since as another member pointed out, Omega actually used him to advertise for other models as well. Also, I was not aware that the packaging for the MK40 was any different from Omega's mainstream packaging used at that time though I may be wrong about this since I do not own a mk40 personally.

In contrast, the red and yellow dial versions are definitely Schumacher watches even though there are no indications on the watches (compared to the later Schumi models that had engravings on the case or caseback stating so). The reason I say this is due to the special packaging they come in (tyre-case with Schumacher's signature) as well as a certificate with his picture on it.

Anyway, these are purely my own opinion and it would be interesting to hear other members' views on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityZ View Post
    the blue mk40 was an official shumacher watch(otherwise why make advertisements with it)
    at that time he was racing for Benneton so his star was rising
    after he got immensely populair with Ferrari omega decided to actually make watches with a racing attitute.

so i think the blue mk40 was developed with the flightmaster look in mind(or maybee the blue benneton)
    all speedmasters after this were probably designed with some feedback from shumi regarding the things he liked/did not like and some items related to racing.
    after all i do not think shumi could read anything more than the time while racing

i think there's a blue one too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information