Servicing. What shall I do?! - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Servicing. What shall I do?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Servicing. What shall I do?!

I suggest you take it to the Omega Service because it will come with a warranty and it should be done before April...
    So a win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolexxzs View Post
    I suggest you take it to the Omega Service because it will come with a warranty and it should be done before April...
    So a win win situation.
    I'm a little confused.

The local authorised service centre for omega states I get a 24 month guarantee.

I go on the omega service website and it directs me to the same local authorised service centre, which seemingly is an independent Swiss watch workshop.

So am I getting the same omega service through the local guy?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Update -

The local service centre is authorised and certificated by Omega.

I was confused by it all, but if I had sent my watch to Omega it likely would have ended up being sent to the service centre near me, where the guy also services other watches... Breitling, Rolex etc.

Anyway I get the full 2 year omega warranty.

Prices are as per omega website, but he gave me last years prices since I contacted him last year initially.

My watch is now with him, it feels weird not having it and knowing I won't see it for a while! It goes everywhere with me! But I'm really excited to have it back, and after it's serviced I'll be fully confident in taking it everywhere again, I was starting tk get worried about water and stuff due to it being so long since it was serviced.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

But do you get the service case???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    gaston664 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
    But do you get the service case???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    No idea! Haha, I hope so. But it's not a deal breaker.

I'll report back!

Quote Originally Posted by gaston664 View Post
    So my options are:

Going via Omega directly for my service. Negative point here is it could be up to 8 weeks.

Go with a company like "Swiss watch repairs" or "swiss time services". These are a little cheaper and I get the watch back quicker. However, can they be trusted as much?

Third option - my local Swiss watch workshop. They are listed as an "omega authorised service centre". Similar price to Omega directly. Last time I contacted him he said 4-5 week turnaround but this was a few months ago so he may be busier.

Basically I'm going away in April for quite a while and would like to have my watch serviced and ready in time for this.

Check out my post this evening on USA Watch Service. They service Omega and Rolexes

Quote Originally Posted by gaston664 View Post
    Update -

The local service centre is authorised and certificated by Omega.

I was confused by it all, but if I had sent my watch to Omega it likely would have ended up being sent to the service centre near me, where the guy also services other watches... Breitling, Rolex etc.

Anyway I get the full 2 year omega warranty.

Prices are as per omega website, but he gave me last years prices since I contacted him last year initially.

My watch is now with him, it feels weird not having it and knowing I won't see it for a while! It goes everywhere with me! But I'm really excited to have it back, and after it's serviced I'll be fully confident in taking it everywhere again, I was starting tk get worried about water and stuff due to it being so long since it was serviced.

I think you did the right thing, you are lucky to have a good watch service guy local to you, building a relationship with him will stand you in good stead for the future :)
    gaston664 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information