Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster! - Page 10
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Well spotted! The plot thickens...

The silly thing is that the people in charge of purchasing those parts back in the days must be having a good chuckle reading our never-ending theories. Chances are that those differences were down to production batches, and possibly different suppliers, and seen by Omega as no big deal. After all, the company had managed to actually release a whole series of Speedmaster Professional with the infamous "220 bezel" without detecting the mistake! So minute differences in font were probably the least of their concerns...
    Last edited by Pascal S; January 3rd, 2012 at 04:39.

Just had time to do a few pics today:

nishant786 likes this.

Is it possible that the bezel is interchangeable with moonwatch? I shot this photo and notice similarity of my 1990ish 863 bezel to previous posts.

The font on 863 bezel is crisp and looks "modern" with no serif, while the grail's font looks "vintage" with serif and drop-down "7" is consistent with 7 on date wheel also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=pratee;4693301]Is it possible that the bezel is interchangeable with moonwatch? I shot this photo and notice similarity of my 1990ish 863 bezel to previous posts.

Hi pratee-
    Don't think so. Completely different font graphic on your 863 vs. 3rd type I mentioned in
    previous post. Look at the bottom of the "2's" , the "4's".
    Also look at dot position above 100,130,140, and others.
    Very different.

If you have both watches, maybe you should
    pop off the bezels and measure with micrometer
    inside and outside diameter- Would be good to know.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Watch U Seek. I joined because I was invited by Pascal and because I wanted to participate in this wonderful thread. I'm still finding my way around and hoping that I can post a couple of photos and maybe occasionally make small contributions.

I own a few various Speedmasters and have been a big fan of the 376.0822 since I first discovered it on Chuck Maddox's site about 5 years ago. Understanding how difficult it was to find, I was not really looking, but last October I learned of a seller in my geographic area. He not only had one Grail, he had two!!!...and for the right price I could have my pick. Here they are to the left and right of my 105.012.

The one on the right has an English day wheel while the left one has a German day wheel. I did my reasearch as best I could and after a lot of soul searching I chose...I chose...

...the one with the German day wheel. Mainly because its hands look original. What do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images

Ruche, mt1tdi, mitadoc and 1 others like this.

Welcome Lou!
    I remember seeing that deal.
    You chose the right one.
    Looks like a beauty.
    Fun watch.
    And you got the right bezel insert!

I would say you chose the right one, the other has hands that are shorter but not the fatter ones usually replaced at service, so well done - it pays to look hard at these...

Definitely the right one!

Happy you could join us, Lou. You are most welcome on the forum in general and in this thread in particular!

Why grail seems to have so many "big hands" ? I count at least 4 big hands, hour, minute and other two hands which are almost always overlapping each other at 12o´clock ? Whats is the purpose of these two hands ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Why grail seems to have so many "big hands" ? I count at least 4 big hands, hour, minute and other two hands which are almost always overlapping each other at 12o´clock ? Whats is the purpose of these two hands ?
    The "grail" is a chronograph, like the original Speedmaster professional, so when you start the chronograph function with the top pusher one of the "other two hands" will start sweeping, measuring elapsed seconds and making one revolution per minute.

The other of the "other two hands" will start moving once for each minute that the first sweep completes, so you can easily read the elapsed minutes by directly reading the position of the second sweep - the one with the cross-bar, or T. On other chronographs this accumulated minutes, up to 60 minutes, will often be in a small sub-dial.
    nishant786 likes this.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information