Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster! - Page 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: I wondered the same

Quote Originally Posted by eptaz View Post
    I guess that's as good a theory as any.
    And it is only that: a theory. But I have to admit that it is one I feel fairly confident in. Another possibility is that due to the shortage of dials for the 376.0822, Omega decided to recycle a few 176.0012 dials for that purpose. Unfortunately, the dial on the Grail offers more real estate than any other cal. 1045 Omega, hence the unmarked gap between dial and chapter ring.

The sad thing is that I've seen at least a couple of other 376.0822 with an incorrect dial of this type...

Re: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Out of curiousity, it Omega ST376.0822 with a see thru' case back? Do u mind showing some pics ?

Appreciate...

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit e Froggy View Post
    Out of curiousity, it Omega ST376.0822 with a see thru' case back? Do u mind showing some pics ?

Appreciate...
    No, it has a solid caseback. The ref.376.0822 houses the Lemania 5100-based Omega c.1045. Unlike the c.321 and 861, it's not much to see.

Photo courtesy of ranfft.de

It's just a tough, reliable, workhorse of a movement.

eric

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Nope.

No, it has a solid caseback. The ref.376.0822 houses the Lemania 5100-based Omega c.1045. Unlike the c.321 and 861, it's not much to see.

Photo courtesy of ranfft.de

It's just a tough, reliable, workhorse of a movement.

eric
    hi Eric, glad to hear your replies. U guys r really into the Grail ! Btw, has anyone attempted to replace the solid case back with a see thru' sapphire case?

Re: Nope.

Btw, has anyone attempted to replace the solid case back with a see thru' sapphire case?
    Honestly, I doubt it woud work. The Grail's caseback is specific to this watch, just like the case which is thicker than the Moonwatch's. So the sapphire caseback might not be compatible with the presence of the calibre 1045's rotor.

Even though the Lemania 5100 has never been much of a looker, it would be fun to try though...

Hi guys, I'm wondering if there's any reproduction model similar to the 376.0822 Speedy? Does 376.0822 comes in different dial color like Blue or white other than the black dial which u guys having now.

No and no.

Hi guys, I'm wondering if there's any reproduction model similar to the 376.0822 Speedy?
    Well, I'm sure you could find any number of watches that share some characteristics but, no, the 376.0822 hasn't been reproduced. Now that the c.5100 movement is discontinued, the chances of a revival are slim slim slim.
    Does 376.0822 comes in different dial color like Blue or white other than the black dial which u guys having now.
    This particular model was produced in relatively low quantities in the mid to late 80s, and only in black.

eric

Re: No and no.

This particular model was produced in relatively low quantities in the mid to late 80s, and only in black.
    Actually, that might not be entirely correct.

The 376.0822 appeared in 1987 and well less than 2000 were made. Apparently the last 200 of them were sold in Italy as a limited edition in 1990, and it appears that they were two-tone models with a gold bezel and gold registers on black dial.

Here are a couple of pictures lifted from an eBay auction:

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal S View Post
    Honestly, I doubt it woud work. The Grail's caseback is specific to this watch, just like the case which is thicker than the Moonwatch's. So the sapphire caseback might not be compatible with the presence of the calibre 1045's rotor.

Even though the Lemania 5100 has never been much of a looker, it would be fun to try though...
    O yes, now that u guys showed me the naked Lemania 5100 and comparing to the 321 n 861 movement.It's really so different. 321 is of a beautiful movement but the Lemania 5100 is a robust workhorse.

Well, I'm sure you could find any number of watches that share some characteristics but, no, the 376.0822 hasn't been reproduced. Now that the c.5100 movement is discontinued, the chances of a revival are slim slim slim.

eric
    I thought I saw one particular Omega with day date somewhere for sale. Hmmm...Anyone by any chance knows what is the retailing price back in the 80s as compared to now if there's a NOS?

I thought I saw one particular Omega with day date somewhere for sale. Hmmm...Anyone by any chance knows what is the retailing price back in the 80s as compared to now if there's a NOS?
    I once saw an Omega pricelist from that era, and I remember that the Grail sold for around the same as the classic Moonwatch. The difference 20 years later is that one is very rare while the other one is not...

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information