Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster! - Page 6
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal S View Post
    It's been almost a year already since the last roll call, so I thought I'd check to see if some other lucky owners had joined this board in the meantime...

And of course, pictures are most welcome!
    Had it for a while - never had the time to post some pics until now:
    Attached Images Attached Images

businesseverywhere likes this.

Re: All in good time...

Thanks for the kind words, John.

The collection is unfortunately slowly melting away after I had the bad idea to start my own business at the worst possible time. So now I'm left with no business, no job at the moment, and the cost of financing my project to relocate from France to the Netherlands. Not the best set of parameters to keep a watch collection going. And that's why I've made myself pretty scarce on the forum: too many temptations!

The crown jewels (including the Grail) are still here though, and I fully intend to keep the core my Lemania 5100 collection intact. Once I find a job, things will hopefully get back to normal...
    Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this Pascal. It's bad all over. I'm lucky to have a Goverment job driving the bus. You don't downsize buses.
    The very first fixed route from pointe A to b PAYING a fair started in France.

John Wilson

"Man fears time; time fears the Pyramids"

Quote Originally Posted by mith321 View Post
    Had it for a while - never had the time to post some pics until now:
    Thanks a lot for sharing.

Your example looks cosmetically perfect. It seems like you just got it new from an AD!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sydney, Australia / London, United Kingdom

Very jealous

Have the 1450 bracelet not the watch!!!

Amazing piece. Have tried other brands but just love the old Omegas!

Banned

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Your example looks cosmetically perfect. It seems like you just got it new from an AD!
    thank you, its in good condition - its a pity that i don't wear it. i was thinking of selling it and getting something more wearable on a daily basis
    Last edited by mith321; January 16th, 2011 at 22:27.

As a matter of fact, I do believe this watch is very comfortable to wear on a daily basis, just like a Speedy Pro can be. And despite the additional info on the dial, it's just as legible. But I also know that its extreme rarity is making some owners nervous, which is a pity. Obviously, I'm one of these people who believe that most watches are better off being on a wrist rather than in a vault. Mine is always part of my rotation.

So my advice is that you should definitely try wearing it for an extended period of time before making up your mind whether to sell it or not. You're among the lucky few to have managed to acquire this marvellous chronograph, so if you ever let it go, the chances of sourcing another one later are pretty limited.

Banned

As a matter of fact, I do believe this watch is very comfortable to wear on a daily basis, just like a Speedy Pro can be. And despite the additional info on the dial, it's just as legible. But I also know that its extreme rarity is making some owners nervous, which is a pity. Obviously, I'm one of these people who believe that most watches are better off being on a wrist rather than in a vault. Mine is always part of my rotation.

So my advice is that you should definitely try wearing it for an extended period of time before making up your mind whether to sell it or not. You're among the lucky few to have managed to acquire this marvellous chronograph, so if you ever let it go, the chances of sourcing another one later are pretty limited.
    I agree 110%. Normally i wear all my watches on a rotation except the Grails but you have convinced me. So during my lunch break i went to the bank and pulled the Grail out of the safety deposit box as a matter of fact i am wearing it right now . lets see how we get along. If not i will sell her and put the money towards a Rolex - Sub, muhahaha.

Hi, I just acquired the grail but the watch is still with my friend in FL so I need to wait till April to lay my hands on it :( BTW I notice that minute hand has been replace to 1045-style hand. Is it possible to source the original one? I'm not sure if moonwatch hands can do since it looks very similar. Thanks.
    Pratee

Congratulations on getting yourself a Grail!

Sadly, the original hands (specific to the Grail) are near impossible to source, and that's why Omega has taken the unfortunate habit of replacing them by the stubbier ones found on other cal. 1045 chronographs. It's the same problem with the dials, as I see more and more example with the wrong type that Omega has been using as a replacement.

As for using Moonwatch hands, you can forget about it. Hands made for cal. 861/186X will not fit a cal. 1045 watch.

I wished Omega realized that with this watch they have a classic that deserves the to have spare parts made according to the original specs...

Just have the watch in hand and found that the minute hand issue I mentioned earlier is a mis-understanding actually. So all parts are original as far as I know, included the 1450 bracelet. It's stunning!!

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information