Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Picture Show me your 376.0822 Speedmaster!

Some of you might already be familiar with the 376.0822 (a.k.a. "Grail") Speedmaster owners' page I set up on Frappr. For those who aren't, see my signature. I am now curious to see pictures of your personal examples, and hopefully lure a few lurkers to register their example on my page!

I'll start...

All in good time...

All in good time, Pascal. Thanks for the pics to remind me why I really need one.

In the meantime, I just have to make due with my poor man's variety.

I know, I know; it's not the same, but it'll have to do...for now.

eric

Re: All in good time...

Quote Originally Posted by eptaz View Post
    It's still a great looking Lemania 5100 chrono, and one that I would not mind adding to my collection at some point.

The Grail is a different animal though, and one that has the kind of "presence" that you find only with a few wristwatches. Finding it is a quest that may turn to obsession for some, but being among the lucky ones who did manage to get their hands on one after a long and painful search, I can tell you that it's definitely worth the effort.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal S View Post
    It's still a great looking Lemania 5100 chrono, and one that I would not mind adding to my collection at some point.
    Thanks, Pascal. At 39mm, the Cyma comes in closer to Day-Date size (with that nice 5100 thickness), but I think it has a nice look and an exceptional movement.
    The Grail is a different animal though, and one that has the kind of "presence" that you find only with a few wristwatches. Finding it is a quest that may turn to obsession for some, but being among the lucky ones who did manage to get their hands on one after a long and painful search, I can tell you that it's definitely worth the effort.
    I'm a pretty patient guy, but I know this is one that I must have on my wrist as soon as possible!

eric

All in good time, Pascal. Thanks for the pics to remind me why I really need one.

In the meantime, I just have to make due with my poor man's variety.

eric
    What a nice Cyma! I love the L5100 and the early Fortis Stratoliner series
    from the 1990's almost looks the same. Maybe there was a secret connection...

Here is my favourite Stratoliner variant with arabic numerals that took me
    some time to find. The watch has seen some action but is performing
    flawlessly. Compared to other L5100 models this is one of the
    "smallest" (wrist-wise) in my collection.

OK, back on topic - a fellow German WIS decided to part with his like-new
    376.0822 and 1450 bracelet and I was the lucky buyer. The seller just had
    the watch serviced at Omega Germany where a new SL dial was installed
    and some minor parts were replaced. Omega also returned all old parts.

Best regards,

Thomas
    mitadoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tgarn View Post
    The seller just had the watch serviced at Omega Germany where a new SL dial was installed and some minor parts were replaced. Omega also returned all old parts.
    The watch looks beautiful, but the dial is unfortunately incorrect, as evidenced by the gap between the dial markings and the chapter ring. Take a look at my example for comparison. Furthermore, there should be a "10" next to the index at 2 o'clock.

Since the original 376.0822 dial is so difficult to find (it personally took me almost two years to track one down), I assume that Omega Germany took the easy route and mounted a replacement part destined to a 176.0012. If it is among the old parts that were returned, I would be very curious to see what the original dial looks like...

Sorry, I missed your post!

Hi Thomas. I previously missed your response and kind words about my Cyma. Thanks much.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgarn View Post
    What a nice Cyma! I love the L5100 and the early Fortis Stratoliner series
    from the 1990's almost looks the same. Maybe there was a secret connection...

I'm sure you're right. I was only aware of the Fortis variety, before I stumbled across this Cyma. I wouldn't be surprised if there were others out there, too, like this Jean Marcel Ikarus that recently sold on ebay.

Of course, it's not quite the same, and more like the other Fortis design.
    Here is my favourite Stratoliner variant with arabic numerals that took me
    some time to find. The watch has seen some action but is performing
    flawlessly. Compared to other L5100 models this is one of the
    "smallest" (wrist-wise) in my collection.

Yup, that's the one! I actually had the opportunity to purchase a nice NOS example about a year ago, but the seller and I couldn't agree on a price. It looks like the hands are a bit different.
    OK, back on topic - a fellow German WIS decided to part with his like-new
    376.0822 and 1450 bracelet and I was the lucky buyer. The seller just had
    the watch serviced at Omega Germany where a new SL dial was installed
    and some minor parts were replaced. Omega also returned all old parts.

Ah yeah, I think I remember seeing that one for sale, a bit ago. Congrats! I didn't realize it had the original parts, otherwise I may have thought about it more! I'm glad you got it though!

Best regards,

Thomas
    All the best,
    eric

I wondered the same

The watch looks beautiful, but the dial is unfortunately incorrect, as evidenced by the gap between the dial markings and the chapter ring. Take a look at my example for comparison. Furthermore, there should be a "10" next to the index at 2 o'clock.

Since the original 376.0822 dial is so difficult to find (it personally took me almost two years to track one down), I assume that Omega Germany took the easy route and mounted a replacement part destined to a 176.0012. If it is among the old parts that were returned, I would be very curious to see what the original dial looks like...
    As I mentioned in my previous response, I'm pretty sure I saw this one for sale several months back, and wondered the same thing, Pascal. I remeber wondering about that dial myself, but if you compare it to a 176.0012, you'll see that it's not quite the same.

The only other known examples of c.1045 Speedmasters with round dials are the Mk V, and the 176.0015 and 176.0016 "tonneau" case variants, which don't quite match, either, as we can see in this example from Chuck.

Seems a bit mysterious. Any other thoughts?

eric
    mitadoc likes this.

Re: I wondered the same

As I mentioned in my previous response, I'm pretty sure I saw this one for sale several months back, and wondered the same thing, Pascal. I remeber wondering about that dial myself, but if you compare it to a 176.0012, you'll see that it's not quite the same.
    I saw this watch as well, and then like now, I am fully convinced that the dial is meant for a 176.0012, as opposed to from a 176.0012. The only difference is the absence of the grey half-circle on the bottom half of the 24 hour counter at 12, and I happen to have seen at least once a restored 176.0012 with such a dial. My guess is therefore that a batch of these dials were made as spare parts without the grey area on the subdial, and that somehow one of them found its way to Thomas' Grail. In any case, his dial is definitely not correct for the watch.

Re: I wondered the same

I saw this watch as well, and then like now, I am fully convinced that the dial is meant for a 176.0012, as opposed to from a 176.0012. The only difference is the absence of the grey half-circle on the bottom half of the 24 hour counter at 12, and I happen to have seen at least once a restored 176.0012 with such a dial. My guess is therefore that a batch of these dials were made as spare parts without the grey area on the subdial, and that somehow one of them found its way to Thomas' Grail. In any case, his dial is definitely not correct for the watch.
    Ahh...I follow you now, Pascal. I guess that's as good a theory as any.

eric

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information