Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet! - Page 46
Like Tree894Likes

Thread: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 724
  1. #451
    Member rjohnson56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,987

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Damn!!!!! Your shot captured that beautiful hue of the titanium! Stunning! New wallpaper! Haha.
    Agree. Thanks for pointing that out. When I looked a second time the titanium glow was very evident.
    solesman likes this.

  2. #452
    Member hugof3C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas lŗ. Si vous n'Ítes pas lŗ non plus, il n'y a personne.
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Thatís great to know. How long have you had it in total? Do you wear it on the bracelet too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got it as soon as it came out so.. 5, 6 years, doing the math.
    bracelet came out at the store the moment it arrived, only reason I didn't get it on rubber was it wasn't black, meaning I'd never wear it, and, as I was a bit unsure regarding quality after seeing the stitched ones omega had for the po 2500, I preferred not to even try and negociate it coming on the black version..

  3. #453
    Member MikeCfromLI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Garden City Park, New York, United States
    Posts
    6,818

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Wearing like this today

    solesman, hugof3C and Coletrain182 like this.
    MikeCfromLI
    _______________
    Works in NYC(Near the UN)
    Lives in Nassau County, Long Island NY

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #454
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    I noticed you have it on a black runner and it looks better than I thought it would. The old 2500 OEM stitched straps were awful quality. Omega raised the bar with the 8500 straps and now ruined it again with the leather ones on the 8900. Madness. I'm not a bracelet guy, but I'm keen to try the Ti PO on bracelet when I get one.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    I got it as soon as it came out so.. 5, 6 years, doing the math.
    bracelet came out at the store the moment it arrived, only reason I didn't get it on rubber was it wasn't black, meaning I'd never wear it, and, as I was a bit unsure regarding quality after seeing the stitched ones omega had for the po 2500, I preferred not to even try and negociate it coming on the black version..
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition
    Apple Watch Series 3

    Gone

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  6. #455
    Member GTTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I noticed you have it on a black runner and it looks better than I thought it would. The old 2500 OEM stitched straps were awful quality. Omega raised the bar with the 8500 straps and now ruined it again with the leather ones on the 8900. Madness. I'm not a bracelet guy, but I'm keen to try the Ti PO on bracelet when I get one.
    I have two genuine 2500 PO straps one with white stitch and one with orange stitch. Neither fits the watches. Just canít get them to fit and put them in a drawer. I would take them to my AD and tell him to fit them but Iím worried they would scratch my watches.


  7. #456
    Member IH Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    430

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    I have two genuine 2500 PO straps one with white stitch and one with orange stitch. Neither fits the watches. Just canít get them to fit and put them in a drawer. I would take them to my AD and tell him to fit them but Iím worried they would scratch my watches.
    What is the reason they would not fit? I was considering to purchase the original rubber straps for my GMT.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #457
    Member hugof3C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas lŗ. Si vous n'Ítes pas lŗ non plus, il n'y a personne.
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I noticed you have it on a black runner and it looks better than I thought it would. The old 2500 OEM stitched straps were awful quality. Omega raised the bar with the 8500 straps and now ruined it again with the leather ones on the 8900. Madness. I'm not a bracelet guy, but I'm keen to try the Ti PO on bracelet when I get one.
    I had a 2500 on the thick regular rubber, loved it, and if it wasn't for the price plus the buckle, I'd have got the version for the chronograph, which is thicker at the lugs, for the 8500,
    although I have to admit I've come to like the gap with non-fitted straps such as the one I'm wearing, it's less pronounced in reality than on pics,
    but as for the non-waterproof-rubber-'cause-there's-something-like-cardboard-inside stitched one, I really can't fathom how omega thought it good enough to market.

    haven't seen a 8900 on strap yet, from pics, they don't look promising as for durability either, I'd like to see a whole rubber option, as the ones for the new seamasters, but that's not going to happen.

    I like bracelets on smaller watches, like the original speedmasters, but I'm pretty active and can't have a watch either bouncing on the wrist or so tight it might break the spring bars at any moment, so, even on those, bracelets were always no-go for me

  9. #458
    Member GTTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,713

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    Quote Originally Posted by IH Biker View Post
    What is the reason they would not fit? I was considering to purchase the original rubber straps for my GMT.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be clear Iím talking about the 2500 PO straps. Iíve heard other members here have had issues with these straps as well.

    The spring bars simply would not go in. I read one member had their AD/jeweler shave the inner curve of the strap and got it to fit.
    IH Biker likes this.


  10. #459
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    I'd flip both straps and pick up the 8500 versions. They will fit fine and they look and feel so much better too.

    Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    I have two genuine 2500 PO straps one with white stitch and one with orange stitch. Neither fits the watches. Just can’t get them to fit and put them in a drawer. I would take them to my AD and tell him to fit them but I’m worried they would scratch my watches.
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition
    Apple Watch Series 3

    Gone

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  11. #460
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Show me your Planet Ocean NOT on the bracelet!

    That thick rubber with tang buckle really is something. Shame they haven't brought it to market for the 8500.

    The strap for the 8900 is just wrong I feel. Omega are trying to make the watch more luxurious with the gator outer with rubber inner. I think the 8500 version for the PO GMT would fot the 43.5mm 8900 as its a 21mm lug width. Not sure if there would be play due to case height though.

    Like yourself I'm super active. Also prefet the comfort of a strap. Been using NATO's a lot recently. Big fear of losing a watch when in water.

    Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    I had a 2500 on the thick regular rubber, loved it, and if it wasn't for the price plus the buckle, I'd have got the version for the chronograph, which is thicker at the lugs, for the 8500,
    although I have to admit I've come to like the gap with non-fitted straps such as the one I'm wearing, it's less pronounced in reality than on pics,
    but as for the non-waterproof-rubber-'cause-there's-something-like-cardboard-inside stitched one, I really can't fathom how omega thought it good enough to market.

    haven't seen a 8900 on strap yet, from pics, they don't look promising as for durability either, I'd like to see a whole rubber option, as the ones for the new seamasters, but that's not going to happen.

    I like bracelets on smaller watches, like the original speedmasters, but I'm pretty active and can't have a watch either bouncing on the wrist or so tight it might break the spring bars at any moment, so, even on those, bracelets were always no-go for me
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition
    Apple Watch Series 3

    Gone

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. wjtuinstra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts