SMP 300M: Prior version vs. Current version
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: SMP 300M: Prior version vs. Current version

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I’m very interested to hear your opinions regarding the prior version of the SMP (41mm - 212.30.41.20.01.003) versus the current version (42 mm Master Chronometer - 210.30.42.20.01.001). I really like both but think they are quite different. Your thoughts, please...

Re: SMP 300M: Prior version vs. Current version

I like both too and have both. The size difference is notable. The new watch is thicker and has more presence. But, this probably makes it a bit less versatile as an all around watch. I think the older 2500d black face is a bit more elegant. The new white face, however, is a bold watch and gorgeous in its own way.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    TroutRunner and Sal09 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by avalvo View Post
    I like both too and have both. The size difference is notable. The new watch is thicker and has more presence. But, this probably makes it a bit less versatile as an all around watch. I think the older 2500d black face is a bit more elegant. The new white face, however, is a bold watch and gorgeous in its own way.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    That was my impression, too. The prior version, especially with black lacquer-like dial, was pretty and more elegant, while the new version with the wave dial and larger case was sportier and more technical. I have the prior version, but it was a tough choice between them, to be sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the older one wore better on the wrist.

The new one is a bit bigger and more thicker. it also has a larger and more annoying HE crown (the crown at 10) it looks like a silver reese's peanut butter cup.

However the new one has the date at 6 and it blends in better making it look almost dateless at first glance

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    I’m very interested to hear your opinions regarding the prior version of the SMP (41mm - 212.30.41.20.01.003) versus the current version (42 mm Master Chronometer - 210.30.42.20.01.001). I really like both but think they are quite different. Your thoughts, please...
    Newer version crushes souls. Fits bitter on the wrist than the older model as the links/lugs hug closer to the wrist and doesn't flair out like the previous model. Also, having the expedition case back is a nice touch.

As for the HE, only butt hurt subs fans or haters don't like it. When you wear, it's not even noticeable and doesn't stick out.

Does it look like that HE is bothering me playing poker? nope

I never warmed to the non-wave dial version - It's not that I dislike it, but it's notable I own 2254, and a titanium SMP 300m with electric blue wave dial, and a new blue/sedna 300m as well. I never bought a non-wave SMPc.

I like both 2254 and my new SMPc/wave very much, they're clearly related, but wear very differently. 2254 sits very close to the wrist, very sleek, the sword hands and wedge hour markers are super visible. The bezel looks great, but is flat useless with wet hands or any thing but perfect conditions - just won't turn.

The new SMPc/wave is substantially larger, has a lot more presence, and a very '3D' dial - it's very visible and draws a lot of attention. The tapered HRV looked like it was going to be an issue in pics, but in person I've literally never noticed it, the face draws the eye, or at least my eye.

Huge fan of the newer model, I think it's a major major upgrade, but I can also see how especially those with smaller wrists or looking for a more low-profile looks might not be drawn to it and would prefer the older version.
    Betterthere likes this.

I am sorry but the new one is spectacular. I love it, hence I bought one. My only Omega in my collection. However, the black dial previous model is no slouch either.

ó
    Watches in profile....

Quote Originally Posted by koolpep View Post
    I am sorry but the new one is spectacular. I love it, hence I bought one. My only Omega in my collection. However, the black dial previous model is no slouch either.

Thatís a great NATO - where did you get it if you donít mind my asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    Thatís a great NATO - where did you get it if you donít mind my asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not at all. This is a seatbelt nylon nato from barkandjack.shop very comfortable.
    CTSteve likes this.
    ó
    Watches in profile....

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    Iím very interested to hear your opinions regarding the prior version of the SMP (41mm - 212.30.41.20.01.003) versus the current version (42 mm Master Chronometer - 210.30.42.20.01.001). I really like both but think they are quite different. Your thoughts, please...
    I like the wave dial on the SMP. Personally I'd go the 210.30.42.20.01.001 for that matter alone.

However, there is something glorious about the 2500 wave dial models: 212.30.41.20.01.002

Quote Originally Posted by Deanster View Post
    I never warmed to the non-wave dial version
    I share your thoughts. For me a SMP must have the wave dial. PO looks great with a clean dial. This could be simply because I'm used to seeing them like this.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:40.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information