SMP Mid-Size Replacement Clasp

Thread: SMP Mid-Size Replacement Clasp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SMP Mid-Size Replacement Clasp

Hello all,

I have been researching a micro-adjust clasp for my midsize SMP and can not seem to find a straight answer. (Local OB was no help)
    Does anyone use a micro-adjust clasp on their 18mm wide SMP bracelet? I don't know which end-links or clasp I would need to achieve this.
    I found one forum post from tz-uk but there were no model numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: SMP Mid-Size Replacement Clasp

I am currently looking for the same thing, and have looked at various articles and threads. For reference, I have the Bond midsize SMP.

As far as I can tell, there is no specific 18mm wide micro-adjustable clasp. But it seems that the 20mm wide varieties can be put on the 18mm bracelet with the right endlinks. Below are the part numbers that I think you/I would need:

- 117STZ00154 (qty: 1) - clasp, 6 holes, no diver ext
    - 118ST1516 (qty: 2) - endlinks
    - 124ST3307 (qty: 4) - screws
    - 128ST0166 (qty: 2) -pins

Please only use this as a reference, as this is all a guess. Iím planning to visit an Omega Boutique in August (my city does not have one), so I plan to purchase (or at least confirm part numbers) then.

Please update if you make any discoveries, and Iíll do the same. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HKasdf View Post
    I am currently looking for the same thing, and have looked at various articles and threads. For reference, I have the Bond midsize SMP.

As far as I can tell, there is no specific 18mm wide micro-adjustable clasp. But it seems that the 20mm wide varieties can be put on the 18mm bracelet with the right endlinks. Below are the part numbers that I think you/I would need:

- 117STZ00154 (qty: 1) - clasp, 6 holes, no diver ext
    - 118ST1516 (qty: 2) - endlinks
    - 124ST3307 (qty: 4) - screws
    - 128ST0166 (qty: 2) -pins

Please only use this as a reference, as this is all a guess. I’m planning to visit an Omega Boutique in August (my city does not have one), so I plan to purchase (or at least confirm part numbers) then.

Please update if you make any discoveries, and I’ll do the same. Good luck.
    I spoke with the guy who runs swisswatchspares and he said that any of the

117stz004666.
    117stz001154.
    117stz001159.

bracelets will fit.

I am a bit confused with the endlinks/pins and screws now. I read that we wont need them, but now I am unsure based on your post.
    omegaforums (dot) net/threads/micro-adjusting-clasp.37817/page-6

Check this thread and look for 1516 (our bracelet type)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Upon further inspection, I believe we can reuse the screws and pins from our current bracelet as we should already have this link on either side of our current clasp, so I think we only need the clasp.

I think that functionally, our existing endlinks will work fine. But the standard clasps on our watches have protrusions on both ends, which our end links have have a notch for.

The micro-adjustable clasps donít have the protrusions on either end, so people have been getting the matching endlinks that do not have the notches.

The aesthetic factor comes to personal taste, so to each his own. Personally, Iíd like to find the endlinks for the newer midsize SMPs.

I do believe I have the newer SMP as my endlinks do not have this cut out. I think its a standard link on newer models

Name:  IMG_20190711_104410.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  535.4 KBName:  IMG_20190711_104428.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  552.5 KB

Oh, thatís awesome! Iím really jealous.

In your case, then, I think you just have to get one of the adjustable clasps and reuse the same pins to attach the end links to the clasp.

Just out of curiosity, what does the stamping on your current clasp say? Mine is ď1502/824Ē.

Post pics when you have it swapped!

I think I will go with the 117STZ004666 for now. I have a 1516 bracelet (1516/795). I am talking to my local OB now and will for sure keep you in the loop with everything.
    The down side is that the OB can't give you any detailed information about the clasps as they won't recommend/install any non-original part variants. They are however giving good advice and letting me know what they think will work/not work. Where is your closest AD/OB in your area?

Thatís a good choice; while I am leaning towards 1154, 4666 is a close second and the overall length of each, compared to the normal clasp, will be the determining factor for me.

The ADs I visited in my city have told me that they cannot order any specific parts. They also seem to be relatively clueless about spare parts in general, stating that theyíll have to send my watch to Omega to determine what parts will fit.

This is the first time Iíve had a Ďluxuryí watch, so I donít know if this is the norm at ADs.

Otherwise, the closest official boutiques are in northern VA, and King of Prussia. Iím planning to be in NOVA and NYC in the near future to visit family, so Iíll stop by both.

On another note, it seems like the 5th ave boutique in NYC keeps stock of the -1154, based on the forum posts, and the staff are very knowledgeable about this specific mod.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information