So this is why the Seamaster 300 is delayed....
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GreatScott

Thread: So this is why the Seamaster 300 is delayed....

The new white dial Seamaster 300 is shown to be released in November on Omega’s website.

i find this very odd, and frustrating, but I did some digging.

the new bond 25 was scheduled to be released on November 8. Now it is delayed until 2020.

So, there is definitely a movie tie-in going on and they were supposed to be launched together.

Now that the tie-in cannot occur, hopefully Omega will just go ahead and release it on a normal timeline of this summer at worst. Truthfully, I doubt they will change the release date...but here’s to hoping! I think there is a large audience for this black/white combo and if Omega can launch it while the Rolex shortage is still going on they could really gain some market share.

Name:  F5516247-4B1F-4B8B-9B3E-48E1DB940ABF.png
Views: 34
Size:  248.8 KB
    andrewlogan1987 and EightEyes like this.

The white dial is sooo nice and now I think I need to buy one.

Re: So this is why the Seamaster 300 is delayed....

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
    i find this very odd, and frustrating, but I did some digging.

the new bond 25 was scheduled to be released on November 8. Now it is delayed until 2020.

So, there is definitely a movie tie-in going on and they were supposed to be launched together.
    100% conjecture, and a bad one at that. With the Spectre SM300 LE, it was released way before the theatrical release of the film. And that's not accounting for that ugly family crest Aqua Terra LE, Skyfall AT, 42mm PO, and several other instances. You're literally making up a reason to justify the delay.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Now if they'd do one with a white dial and blue bezel, that would be the bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    100% conjecture, and a bad one at that. With the Spectre SM300 LE, it was released way before the theatrical release of the film. And that's not accounting for that ugly family crest Aqua Terra LE, Skyfall AT, 42mm PO, and several other instances. You're literally making up a reason to justify the delay.
    Yes, it is. But waiting until November to release a watch is not normal. Typically they are all released by summer. Also summer is when they are finally available but it is never stated as a specific date.

So, why did Omega put a specific date on a watch that historically would have been released by the summer at the latest. It is way out if character.

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dropping all the new product in one hit makes no sense. Delaying some pieces gives punters a reason to go back later in the year. It also allows the brand to let the new pieces breathe. I would say tying a white dial watch in with winter time makes sense......cue pictures of the watch in snow drifts or frozen lakes. I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. But waiting until November to release a watch is not normal. Typically they are all released by summer. Also summer is when they are finally available but it is never stated as a specific date.

So, why did Omega put a specific date on a watch that historically would have been released by the summer at the latest. It is way out if character.

A whole new strategy for release is required as they are no longer fitting into Baselworld. Simple. Too much guess work from op.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

I think this is somewhat of a misread. The last round of new Omegas did not release until the fall, was underproduced, and caused long back orders. Mine come-on in November. Could be true, but I believe the Bond Sesmaster is a different model which is currently being discussed in a separate thread. My guess is Omega is being conservative eith its release date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

Thread Information