SOTC - whatís missing?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: SOTC - whatís missing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SOTC - whatís missing?

Ok, so I took a few photos of the collection today to check the line up. Iíve got a 36mm dress watch in the Seamaster 120, a 41mm GMT, a 42mm Chrono and a 43mm Diver. Iím getting a leather strap for the Tudor, so have strap options covered.

Itís fair to say that even with this sweet combo, something is missing. Iím thinking 40mm with a date and around 12mm tall.

I wear the GMT most days to work with a shirt, but can feel heavy and a little thick. The Speedy is my evening watch and occasionally to work. My PO is a weekender and goes great with jeans.

Donít know if I want another Omega, and suspect a Rolex may fit the bill. Needs a date. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't get this the wrong way but these are all serious watches, so if say something fun and care free that you can wear when drunk at the beach, something with joie de vivre? Something in the lines of the lime green stowa diver, or maybe squale 50 atmos 1521 blue? These are by no mean watches I would wear in the sand while drunk, but it looks like you have the dough and it's only a rough guide 🙂 maybe something like a vostok diver with the cool scuba dudes and many many many fun colours?

BTW, that's a great collection you've got 🙂 very very cool indeed!
    TJ Boogie likes this.

Re: SOTC - whatís missing?

If you think you're missing something or not, you're right. The desires of man are insatiable and you know that. To be honest that 36mm Omega doesn't fit your collection. Not once did you mention wearing it and it's a shame for it to be only worn when "dress" attire is required. I'd ditch it and maybe get a datejust. At least it's sporty enough to be on par with your diver/chrono/gmt and I guess fits the bill of the "dress" criteria.
    harry_flashman likes this.
    |Ω

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with Mosho. These are all beautiful pieces, but perhaps on the conservative side. How about some Microbrand love maybe a cool meca quartz Nezumi,Vratislavia? Something on canvas or rubber for the summer. Maybe some bronze . I love my Gruppo Gamma Based on your existing collection you have excellent taste so I am sure you will see something that inspires you!

That 120 was my first luxury watch 18 years ago. I canít bring myself to get rid of it. It gets worn now and then. Iím thinking more off the wall. I love the jumping hour Reservoir watches. Quite affordable and interesting. I also have a strange affinity to the Nomos Autobahn with the blue dial. I guess thatís two wheels related watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a fair faced addition? Like a Portugeiser or OP?
    teeritz likes this.

Yeah, that nomos screams vacation! That's still a bit too delicate in my eyes, but in very much in the right direction 🙂 I'd go a bit more toolish, but trt and keep the colour scheme of this nomos and it will be perfect

SOTC - whatís missing?

A Vostok Amphibia.

Ahhhh....lookig at what you have I think you have it covered, some classic pieces there.

The only thing to add would be something from left field.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis

You could expand the tool watch genre and get an IWC Mark XVIII

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    IWC Pilot Chronograph 377709
    Omega Planet Ocean 2201.51
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko PADI Turtle SRPA21
    Suunto Core

Quote Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
    If you think you're missing something or not, you're right. The desires of man are insatiable and you know that. To be honest that 36mm Omega doesn't fit your collection. Not once did you mention wearing it and it's a shame for it to be only worn when "dress" attire is required. I'd ditch it and maybe get a datejust. At least it's sporty enough to be on par with your diver/chrono/gmt and I guess fits the bill of the "dress" criteria.
    This was my thought too. A Datejust or an AT. Preferably with a white dial to add some variety.
    iTreelex likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information