Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released - Page 10
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Didn't Omega bring back to life caliber 321 earlier in the year? Should we not expect more speedy editions to be announced?
    premoon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver21 View Post
    How hard is it to get this piece do people think? Will resale value of this watch go nuts?
    I don稚 think it will be that difficult to obtain and I certainly don稚 think we池e going to see the snoopy valuations on this thing.
    mase44, carlhaluss and 8100 RPM like this.

Quote Originally Posted by julian74 View Post
    Didn't Omega bring back to life caliber 321 earlier in the year? Should we not expect more speedy editions to be announced?
    Yes, that's another one coming. Nobody seems to know when, or which case it will be housed in. Personally, I kind of like this year's way of doing things. Instead of presenting everything in one go, like at Basel, various models are being presented throughout the year.

As far as the limited edition models go, I don't go for a watch because it is, or is not, a limited edition. While I agree 6969 is not very limited, even if it was way more I would get it because I like the watch. And I am imagining the 321 will be limited. Or possibly like the FOIS where it is a "Special Edition" and numbered, with the mystery being when will it end production.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Mtnmansa likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    I don’t think it will be that difficult to obtain and I certainly don’t think we’re going to see the snoopy valuations on this thing.
    I would agree. Remembering when the 60th Anniversary Trilogy came out, and all I wanted was the Railmaster as it was a grail. A year later I got one. Then I happened to come across a Trilogy Seamaster 300 at an AD, so I picked it up. Then more recently, after hearing over the year that the Speedmaster Trilogy was the most popular and sold out, three of them turned up at the local Boutique. So, two years after all the hype of the Trilogy, I have all three. No waiting lists, and there is still availability. No huge valuations, and some going below original MSRP.

So, I don't really like to speculate, lest I be proven wrong. But my gut feeling is that this will go the same way. And definitely without the Snoopy valuation. Either way, I am very happy to be getting this one, regardless of how the market goes.

Cheers,
    Carl
    GTTIME, Bruce310, COZ and 2 others like this.

The more I see the watch the more I知 excited to be getting it.
    carlhaluss, Bruce310, COZ and 1 others like this.

The more I see the watch the more I’m excited to be getting it.
    Yes, it will be a summer of eager anticipation for me as well. I think that when we see all the details in real life, we are going to be pretty amazed. And, for me, so many memories of 1969. It will be really great looking at this forum later on this year, as the "incomings" start to trickle in!

Cheers,
    Carl
    COZ, mase44 and Mtnmansa like this.

I知 betting they launch a limited 321 version very close to actual moonlanding anniversary in July.

Hopefully more in line with originals and less gold plus decorations. Not that I知 up for one, considering expected price and availability...

Quote Originally Posted by julian74 View Post

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    I知 betting they launch a limited 321 version very close to actual moonlanding anniversary in July.

Hopefully more in line with originals and less gold plus decorations. Not that I知 up for one, considering expected price and availability...

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    They will put the 321 in a platinum piece limited to 169 or 69 if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fantasio and cfracing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
    They will put the 321 in a platinum piece limited to 169 or 69 if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe Omega already stated that they would release the 321 in a platinum case first. My hope is that a stainless steel version will follow some time afterwards although I think even a stainless model will be priced beyond what I am willing to pay.

I don’t think it will be that difficult to obtain and I certainly don’t think we’re going to see the snoopy valuations on this thing.
    This cracks me up because I just put down a deposit on one at my AD (someone who had done so previously apparently backed out) and she literally told me "you're so lucky, this is going to be like the Snoopy!"

It's going to be interesting to see. I thought with 7,000 in this "limited edition", getting one would be no problem but apparently Omega sold out yesterday, and all of the ADs I called in my area had their allocations spoken for. But you have to think a lot of people will turn it down (the gold is not exactly for everyone) and the watch will pop up for a while at ADs and boutiques. I personally expect the increased supply will balance out some increased demand and it'll be very much like most "normal" LEs (e.g. Seamaster 60th, CK2998 watches etc.)
    google, GTTIME and carlhaluss like this.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information