Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released - Page 11
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cfracing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
    They will put the 321 in a platinum piece limited to 169 or 69 if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe Omega already stated that they would release the 321 in a platinum case first. My hope is that a stainless steel version will follow some time afterwards although I think even a stainless model will be priced beyond what I am willing to pay.
    With the 50th anniversary release being priced at just under $10k, I shutter to think what a stainless steel 321 will be priced at...$15k? $20k?

Re: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Quote Originally Posted by clockyg View Post
    This cracks me up because I just put down a deposit on one at my AD (someone who had done so previously apparently backed out) and she literally told me "you're so lucky, this is going to be like the Snoopy!"

It's going to be interesting to see. I thought with 7,000 in this "limited edition", getting one would be no problem but apparently Omega sold out yesterday, and all of the ADs I called in my area had their allocations spoken for. But you have to think a lot of people will turn it down (the gold is not exactly for everyone) and the watch will pop up for a while at ADs and boutiques. I personally expect the increased supply will balance out some increased demand and it'll be very much like most "normal" LEs (e.g. Seamaster 60th, CK2998 watches etc.)
    This is what I suspect also. I don’t think the resale will be like a Snoopy or even the Apollo 45, but it will be popular. It’s a gorgeous watch. I just put down a deposit too - they would not negotiate at all on the price
    clockyg likes this.
    Rolex Sub 114060, Rolex BLNR, IWC 3717, Collins Bronson
    (JLC UTM on order)

Quote Originally Posted by clockyg View Post
    This cracks me up because I just put down a deposit on one at my AD (someone who had done so previously apparently backed out) and she literally told me "you're so lucky, this is going to be like the Snoopy!"
    My OB tells me every LE is going to be the next Snoopy. Speedy Tuesday? Next Snoopy. Hodinkee? Next Snoopy. 50th? Next Snoopy.

What they can't get me is an actual Snoopy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like your sentiments, and find them right on the money.

I, too, have been waiting for a Speedy that mere mortals might afford ($10K and under—particularly under!) and while at first sight the color combo of this watch struck me as absolutely the best since the Apollo 45th Anni, Sedna Gold issue, when my eye hit the running seconds dial the love affair fell apart. "What were they thinking," indeed! First of all, the image is so small as to make disentangling just what is going on quite a struggle. And then the second's hand itself seems HUGE in relation (not to mention it therefore covers a good deal of the image)—the enormous difference in scale is jarring. (Hey, we two should have been at the board meeting, huh? But alas, they never ask us.)

So… no way I'll pine for this one. I appreciate your extensive, and well-presented discussion of the matter. I like!

Best regards, Fred Halgedahl
    flyinghell34 likes this.

Oh… rats! This reaction was to "Flyinghell's" excellent post. If you haven't read that, you really should. (mutter, mutter)
    flyinghell34 likes this.

I'll wait till the 100th if I'm still alive, but I won't be buying a Speedy with Buzz's butt on the dial.
    enjoy the ride

I just plunked down a deposit on one (well, payment in full... I’m committed). I love it and can’t wait. Any rumors on a release date? Ahead of the actual July anniversary I assume.
    Last edited by bassplayrr; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:21.
    google likes this.
    WATCHES: Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon Meteorite, Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Blue, Omega Seamaster PloProf 1200M Ti, Rolex 116660 DSSD, Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50, Rolex 116610LV "Hulk", Rolex DateJust Two-Tone / MOP dial, Panerai Luminor 1950 3 Days (PAM372), Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2500, Tudor Black Bay Bronze, Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime, Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMT II, Doxa 300 Pro 50th Anniversary, Vortic “The Boston” 212 (1920/2018), Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels, Prometheus Ocean Diver, Seiko Prospex SNE533P1, Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical, Shinola Guardian
    PENS: Visconti Cosmopolitan LE FP #21, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze FP, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze RB, Visconti Homo Sapiens Sterling Silver RB, '47 Parker Vacumatic Major, Monteverde Sleeping Beauty LE, Fisher AG7-40LE 40th Anniversary #84, Visconti Declaration of Independence LE FP #496

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrr View Post
    I just plunked down a deposit on one (well, payment in full... I’m committed). I love it and can’t wait. Any rumors on a release date? Ahead of the actually July anniversary I assume.
    Yes, my AD called and said here in Canada ours will not be released until early September :[
    bassplayrr likes this.
    Rolex Sub 114060, Rolex BLNR, IWC 3717, Collins Bronson
    (JLC UTM on order)

Quote Originally Posted by stebesplace View Post
    Limited edition... 6969! Looollll
    Discuss!

Just noticed your avatar...lol!

Any updates on release date?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information