Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released - Page 6
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    COZ

Re: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaxb View Post
    Iím not a fan of the new limited speedy either, I would have liked it if the 9 sub dial instead of gold was moon dust or a charcoal moon dust color. And the inner main dial be that same moon dust. No gold. I basically took the color out of the release pic and I like it better already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This, plus full lumed stick markers and hesalite! Nice.
    bubbaxb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by COZ View Post
    This, plus full lumed stick markers and hesalite! Nice.
    Forgot about the sapphire! Yes it would need to be hesalite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just told the Mrs. I have a deposit on this one. She didnít threaten divorce, so thatís good. I do have a lot of money into my collection so I think Iíll take some time off. I am incredibly content with my current watches. Donít feel there are any gaps. This might really be my last, if it wasnít the 50th I wouldnít even be doing it.

I am thinking a lot about retirement and the earlier the better. Iíd rather retire sooner than own more watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I like it more than the 45th. I like that itís stainless and has a bracelet too.

At least they went with yellow gold. Rose might be a little played out for me. All n all, everything I've seen is nice but not exciting. Maybe I'd feel different if I didn't already have a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    Just told the Mrs. I have a deposit on this one. She didn’t threaten divorce, so that’s good. I do have a lot of money into my collection so I think I’ll take some time off. I am incredibly content with my current watches. Don’t feel there are any gaps. This might really be my last, if it wasn’t the 50th I wouldn’t even be doing it.

I am thinking a lot about retirement and the earlier the better. I’d rather retire sooner than own more watches.
    Retirement kills people. Better have a backup plan like golf or woodworking.
    GTTIME likes this.

I like the watch but don’t love it yet. Will I? Who knows. That saÔd, I absolutely love the case back.
    Can only hope that by the time I have made up my mind, I still have the option.

Echoing sentiments expressed by others, I have vivid memories of the moon landing and watched it live with my dad and two older brothers. Only a few years later, I vowed that “one day, I’d own a Moonwatch”. That one day came, a little more than 30 years after the first steps on the moon.
    The math wizards among us now also know that my 3570.50 Speedmaster Professional is nearly 20 years old (and will never leave me).
    carlhaluss and rfortson like this.

Yeah. I forgot to mention that case back is cool.

I think they wanted a bit of gold in there just because it is the 50th. But compared to this 1069 limited full gold pieces, i rather like this one. Understated with a dash of color.

I *think* I really like this one. Honestly, I had hoped that I'd hate it, so I could cancel my deposit. It will be interesting to actually see it real life.
    COZ likes this.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information