Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released - Page 7
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Stainless Steel Officially Released

I loooooove so many things about this watch but I have to saw...the weird 'butt' shot of the astronaut rubs me the wrong way.
    fskywalker likes this.

I like everything about this one except the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$9K and a brand new design...and no micro-adjust clasp...I sometimes wonder if there's anyone at Omega paying attention.
    Cheers,
    Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love everything about this EXCEPT the subdial and for that reason I will pass on this.
    Signature deleted. Please do not violate our rules & guidelines.

So close!

Give me this watch with no subdial image (only the simple tribute at 11 o'clock) along with that badass footprint and quote on the back....

Do this and I'm screaming "That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"
    todoroki and amuharemovic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TellingTime View Post
    Retirement kills people. Better have a backup plan like golf or woodworking.
    Retirement only kills those who define themselves solely by their jobs.

Meh, not for me.
    enjoy the ride

There is a lot to like about the watch. Mostly I am excited because it offers a new direction for the Speedmaster line-up to go in.

I have always felt that a lot of the automatic coaxial "moonwatches" had very little to do with the original Speedmaster professional. They felt so much like a different watch entirely that the history of the moonwatch that Omega extended to those pieces never really fit. This watch however reflects a more faithful "luxury" alternative to the standard Speedmaster Professional that seems like a continuation rather than an entirely different path taken. The new movement is still handwound and related to the 321/861/1861 but has Omega's flagship benefits being COSC certified, co-axial and anti-magnetic. The ceramic bezel is a really neat addition that both looks good and is very functional. The applied indices and logo give the watch a more high end feel without altering the overall design of the dial.

I don't care for all the extra details and decoration on the dial and caseback. But I do like the general idea of the watch. I like it a lot.
    Last edited by GrimFandango; 4 Weeks Ago at 14:49.

Love it!

The only thing that made me scratch my head was the end of Buzz they chose to use, but now that I know it’s an iconic photo, maybe THE iconic photo, I’m glad Omega paid tribute to history rather than just focusing on making an aesthetically pleasing design.

The price, I think it’s just right. Though 6,969 is too many for a “limited edition” imho, I also think they are doing collectors a solid by giving folks a chance to own one without being told they have to have bought X number of Omegas from the shop already. C’mon, there’s not enough to go around and we complain, there’s too many and we complain!

But 1,969 would have been a very sensible AND historically relevant amount to produce...
    carlhaluss and COZ like this.

Huge fan of this watch! 1969, when I turned 20, was a big year for me. Most importantly, I vividly remember watching the moon landing with my Dad. I also had just graduated from technical school. And that year was the start of a new chapter in my life. In August 1969 I set sail on the SS Canberra, on a journey from Vancouver to Southampton, the start of which would be a 6 year stay in Europe during the most formative years of my life.

Apart form being a beautiful edition, this watch is a big deal for me! After seeing it for the first time, I immediately went to the Omega Boutique here in Vancouver, to pay a deposit and secure one of these watches.

There is nothing about this watch that I would change. And just remember, there is rarely, if ever, a person who descends a ladder with his ass facing into the ladder! If Buzz's ass is indeed the main element of the watch that grabs your attention, perhaps you should seek professional help!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information