Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra - Page 3
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiti View Post
    I'm awaiting delivery for a blue/white stitches from Aliexpress. Super cheap and I believe it even has Omega and particulars in the inner rubber.

Any pics of the brighter blue ones that you can share? I've seen some and mostly gray, but not accurate pictures.

Thanks.
    I don’t have the blue version but the strap does come with all the correct logo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.

I like it. Great idea. Looks good to me.

Feel free to flame me but these are fake straps with Omega branding. I would never sully my watches with fake accessories.

Hope that strap doesn’t fail on you.
    HiggsBoson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just to be clear. We're talking about fake products here? Not sure I would be happy putting an expensive watch onto a chinese strap with unknown quality control. The Omega rubber is crazy money but its a great strap and at least the bars and clasp will never need to be replaced.
    HiggsBoson and GTTIME like this.

Putting a fake strap on my Speedy, would compromise the whole point of having a high quality Swiss watch on my wrist.
    Sorry, it's NOT for me, either.
    GTTIME likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

I’ll have to agree with Higgs... I like the look, but with an understanding that you end up with a genuine strap. If going The aftermarket route, I’d go with RubberB or equivalent..
    GTTIME likes this.

I like these and would like to try one on my SMP, but wouldn't buy a fake because I don't want to support thieves and that industry. I would probably do a non-branded one though.
    GTTIME likes this.

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    Damasko DA44
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

While I do hear and respect your opinions I could not ever justify paying £650+ for a rubber strap. I bought the replica to try the look to see if it would work with the intention of sourcing a genuine if the look proved to work. After doing some digging for a price on true original it seems that these are grotesquely overpriced. If anyone has £650+ to spend on some rubber then hats off to them but unfortunately I don’t and this is the problem. What started as an experiment has now turned into something that I may have to keep if I want this look.

My friend recently bought a Hublot rubber strap direct at £350 , and this was the easy button release type! What I am trying to say is that this started as a simple aesthetics exercise but has now turned into a cost issue with the genuine strap. My Speedy was a 40th present which I will cherish forever but, regardless of my financial situation I would never, ever justify paying £650+ for a rubber strap.

And a final point would be that these are advertised without any branding. I was expecting a ‘blank’ strap and clasp as the advertised pictures showed but these come branded. I would never buy a fake watch or promote it but I find it strange that if this strap came unbranded we wouldn’t be having this conversation and most would compliment their look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash.Bez View Post
    but I find it strange that if this strap came unbranded we wouldn’t be having this conversation and most would compliment their look.
    Really you find it strange? We don’t support fake watches why would we support fake accessories?

I am sure that Omega would disagree with you.

To be clear look decent but it’s a Chinese replica of a trademarked product.

While you may find it strange people pay for straps I find it strange people will spend thousands on a watch hit them balk at the strap. The buckle and metal bits would last a long time and are at least half your cost so when the rubber fails you can replace just that.

I’ll get off my soap box.

Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    Really you find it strange? We don’t support fake watches why would we support fake accessories?

I am sure that Omega would disagree with you.

To be clear look decent but it’s a Chinese replica of a trademarked product.

While you may find it strange people pay for straps I find it strange people will spend thousands on a watch hit them balk at the strap. The buckle and metal bits would last a long time and are at least half your cost so when the rubber fails you can replace just that.

I’ll get off my soap box.
    I don’t condone fakes at all. I bought the strap as it was advertised, unbranded (see pics). My exact words were “I find it strange that if this strap came unbranded we wouldn’t be having this conversation” which we probably wouldn’t as my OP was aimed at getting views on the overall look.

I also didn’t say that I “find it strange people pay for straps”. Each to their own. If you have the funds and can justify paying for the strap then by all means go ahead but I also feel that this is overpriced and I won’t pay for anything that i feel this way towards.

One thing you did say correctly is that I did ‘baulk’ when I heard how much the original was. It’s my opinion that this is overpriced £650+ and it would seem that it is your opinion that it isn’t. I would love to know the actual manufacture cost of the original but this is something that can never be found but I am sure that it would only add weight to my ‘overpriced’ argument.

If the post is against rules then I will remove it but as I have pointed out on numerous occasions, this was bought in the belief that it was unbranded as advertised.

Last edited by Ash.Bez; September 15th, 2019 at 20:38.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information