Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra - Page 4
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Speedmaster on an Aqua Terra

Thanks for the spelling lesson I misspell and mistype all kinds of words on my phone Iíll try to do better. Doubt you and I will ever agree so I wonít respond to this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash.Bez View Post
    I donít have the blue version but the strap does come with all the correct logoís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the additional pictures and info. Is your clasp OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiti View Post
    Thanks for the additional pictures and info. Is your clasp OEM?
    No, the clasp comes with the strap. As Iíve said above, these are shown without markings/logoís on the website pictures. Iím not sure if itís a good or bad thing that they come with logoís but I like the look regardless.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like it.

I think the watch looks good with a rubber strap on it. I am one of those folks that value comfort over "correct" looks. I have my Aqua Terra on a Timex fast wrap strap. It makes the watch wear well on my wrist.

The original bracelet walked its way to the sales forum as it was uncomfortable (ether too tight or too loose) and i really did not see any need to keep it. A Omega Nato strap was tried and sold also as while it was well made, it did not fit right on the wrist

A watch that is not comfortable to wear is one that gets dumped quickly
    Rice and Gravy and Ash.Bez like this.

Banned

Love it. Really freshens up the watch.
    Ash.Bez likes this.

I think the look for me is great - the rubber reminds me of a tyre which links it to motor racing which is what the original speedy is all about (even though this is the moon watch!)

In terms of the strap itself it is a rock and a hard place.

I know OP didn't intentionally get a knock off but there are plenty of strap makers who are copying strap designs, colours etc which look the same as OEM straps from any watch manufacturer (same deal with cars i.e. after market parts).

I've got a good amount of straps ranging from cheap and nasty to decent (bot not full custom) and to be honest the amount of money spent I could have just went OEM and gotten exactly what I wanted instead of 20 which I don't or won't use.

End of day OP it is your watch and your cash - do as you want or please.
    Ash.Bez likes this.
    Current Watches
    GlashŁtte Original Senator Excellence Omega Speedmaster 1957 60th Anniversary LE Tudor Black Bay 58
    Casio G Shock (GMW-B5000GD-1)

Sold Watches
    Omega
    Aqua Terra (2503.33.00) Omega Speedmaster (3570.50) IWC Portugieser (IW3714-46) IWC Pilot (IW3777-19) Tag Heuer Monaco (CAW211B) Tag Heuer Grand Carrera (WAV5111) Casio G Shock (GX-56DGK-1, GLS-5600CL-3, , DW-5600MS-1)

So I was looking and freshening my Speedmaster up a bit with a new strap instead of the bracelet and couldnít decide on which leather to go for. Then I saw the Aqua Terra rubber straps and thought that may suit the Speedy. It arrived today and Iím really pleased with the look. Ok, itís not a genuine strap but I wanted to try it to see if it worked first.

Whatís everyoneís opinion and does anyone know how much a genuine Aqua Terra rubber strap costs from Omega?

Pics look great, thanks for posting! I was considering trying out the AT rubber strap on my speedy and after seeing yours Iím sold.

Ash.Bez likes this.

I'm not sure how I feel about the look, but a break from the bracelet can make the old stuff feel new again.
    Ash.Bez and keisuke_z like this.

So I was looking and freshening my Speedmaster up a bit with a new strap instead of the bracelet and couldnít decide on which leather to go for. Then I saw the Aqua Terra rubber straps and thought that may suit the Speedy. It arrived today and Iím really pleased with the look. Ok, itís not a genuine strap but I wanted to try it to see if it worked first.

Whatís everyoneís opinion and does anyone know how much a genuine Aqua Terra rubber strap costs from Omega?
    I've got an OEM Aqua Terra strap and think it's one of the best in the business. I've been contemplating the exact same treatment for my Speedmaster but my current AT strap is 19mm (38.5) and will not fit...I'd like to try out the look before deciding on splurging on OEM.

Could you please DM me the direct link to these straps? And how do you find the quality overall? Thanks Ash.
    Ash.Bez likes this.
    CURRENT ROTATION
    Omega Planet Ocean 39.5 8800 | Omega Speedmaster Pro Moonphase 3576.50 |
    Omega Aqua Terra 38.5 8500 | Rolex Submariner 16610LN | Rolex Milgauss 116400

WISHLIST
    Rolex GMT Master II 16710

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Rolex GMT Master II 116710 | Omega Planet Ocean 8500 | Tudor BB Bronze |
    Oris Divers 65 | Tudor BB Red v2 | Bulova Precisionist Champlain | Casio G-Shock GA-207

I don't mind the rubber and think it looks great with the deployment, but don't love the rubber+metal endlinks on a speedy.
    Ash.Bez likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information