Speedmaster Pro Bracelet - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Pro Bracelet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Speedmaster Pro Bracelet

I have the older 1499/842 bracelet and it is perfect. I don't have any fitting issues and I love the tapering and smaller clasp....

Keep in mind that the adjustable clasp + proper end links will cost you >$200, at least that’s what my local boutique charged me. I think it’s a worthy upgrade though.

That said, each time I put mine on the OEM bracelet I always get thoughts of selling it. But as soon as I put it back on a strap, or a different after-market bracelet for that matter, I’m reminded that it’s my favorite watch.

Love the bracelet. Very light and comfortable. I bought my Speedy on the leather strap and picked up the bracelet later. The bracelet has not come off since I put it on, it’s that good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by househalfman View Post
    Keep in mind that the adjustable clasp + proper end links will cost you >$200, at least that’s what my local boutique charged me. I think it’s a worthy upgrade though.

That said, each time I put mine on the OEM bracelet I always get thoughts of selling it. But as soon as I put it back on a strap, or a different after-market bracelet for that matter, I’m reminded that it’s my favorite watch.
    I've done the modification for the adjustable clasp on my 42mm 2500D Planet Ocean, but a half link is a less expensive alternative.
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    Omega SMP 2255.80 "Electric Blue"
    Omega SMP GMT 2538.20 "Great White"
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D
    Citizen Royal Marines Commando
    Precista PRS-14
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical H694290
    Glycine Combat 7 Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post
    In my opinion it’s the one aspect of the watch that lets it down. I’m very hopeful that when Omega release an updated Speedmaster Professional (Which will likely be soon) that they take inspiration from the bracelet of the ‘Moonshine Gold’ 50th anniversary piece that they have just released.

My issues with the bracelet are:

1, No taper
    2, The end links are attached in such a way that they sit awkwardly on the wrist
    3, Polishing to the PCL is an eyesore and not in keeping with the history of the watch

However I wouldn’t let that impact your decision to buy the watch. It is a classic for a reason.
    I would have to agree with you, but you will find problems with any bracelet you get. I think the bracelet is a 9/10. While I dont disagree with you, here are some things that are good about it.

1. Very stylish, it looks fantastic. The polished and satin finish has a timeless look and rivals any bracelet at the speedy price point
    2. Its very hefty, it adds just the right ammount of weight to the watch where I don't feel comfortable anymore when its on leather or a vintage bracelet.
    3. Comfort. Its very comfortable, It doesn't pull hair, and i could honestly sleep with this watch on.
    4. Quality. Its great quality. The twin push triggers and clasp are solid construction and the whole bracelet is very solid.

As for fit, It sort of takes getting used to. I had mine on quite snug but after two years I losened it by one adjusted position. I like the way it wears. You could get an upgraded clasp and it would add another feature to the watch but personally I just like having the clasp that it came on. Its part of the watch, the original... theres something to be said about it. It doesn't have to be perfect.

I wont comment on the rest of the watch other than its truely a gorgeous classic design that thankfully is still being made true to its original construction.
    OneEyeMan likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    SKX 009
    Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve
    76' Seiko Grand Quartz

Quote Originally Posted by bigjaymofo View Post
    Love the bracelet. Very light and comfortable. I bought my Speedy on the leather strap and picked up the bracelet later. The bracelet has not come off since I put it on, it’s that good.
    Same here. I've got a handful of straps that never get any use. Its always on the bracelet. I would only replace the bracelet with a bracelet at this point :D
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    SKX 009
    Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve
    76' Seiko Grand Quartz

I bought the speedy on a strap, thinking back maybe should’ve waited for a good deal on the bracelet because it looks fantastic. I’m happy still with leather and like everyone says, it is a strap monster and lt looks good on anything

The bracelet is comfy and heavy. MUCH more substantial than what you see on vintage speedys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information