Speedmaster Pro Bracelet
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Speedmaster Pro Bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speedmaster Pro Bracelet

So, I'm FINALLY going to pick up a Speedmaster Pro next week.
    I'm wondering about the bracelet.
    I love the way it looks and it matches the case nicely.
    I also know it has no fine adjustment capability.
    How is the comfort?
    Does it feel like a substantial bracelet worthy of day in day out wear?
    Or is it light-weight and tinny?
    Thanks all.

Re: Speedmaster Pro Bracelet

If you get a speedmaster with the pins or the screw+pins you can simply go to your local Omega Boutique and buy the adjustable clasp if you’d like. Search on here and the Omega forums for the clasp part number and potentially the endlinks if you need them.

The bracelet is pretty solid and is a looker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OneEyeMan likes this.

The bracelet is pretty fantastic! It has a silky texture to it that I adore.
    OneEyeMan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the weight of the bracelet is appropriate for the watch. It's well balanced and well made. Feels like a quality bracelet.

There is just one fine adjustment in the clasp of the current version, but as has been stated already, for an additional cost you can add an adjustable clasp as others have done, if it's an issue for you. Mine fits well with current clasp, albeit a little lose in winter. You won't know until you try it.

All that said, Speedmasters look fantastic on straps too. If you're contemplating getting one on the leather, it's a good option, as long as you never plan on selling the watch, as most prefer the bracelet option, because they are so expensive to add later. Although the strap version costs slightly less, the watch is a better deal on bracelet when new, when you factor in the cost of a separate bracelet later.

Happy hunting! You'll love it.

For me it's a very comfortable bracelet, sometimes I forget it's there. I love it!

In my opinion it’s the one aspect of the watch that lets it down. I’m very hopeful that when Omega release an updated Speedmaster Professional (Which will likely be soon) that they take inspiration from the bracelet of the ‘Moonshine Gold’ 50th anniversary piece that they have just released.

My issues with the bracelet are:

1, No taper
    2, The end links are attached in such a way that they sit awkwardly on the wrist
    3, Polishing to the PCL is an eyesore and not in keeping with the history of the watch

However I wouldn’t let that impact your decision to buy the watch. It is a classic for a reason.
    gt0279a likes this.

Decent bracelet, feels solid, i'm very close to pulling the trigger on the adjustable clasp though as I'm in between sizes for a link =(

I agree with those saying the bracelet is decent. It’s ok - but mine spends 80% of it’s time on leather and canvas.

gumpy_999 likes this.
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    I agree with those saying the bracelet is decent. It’s ok - but mine spends 80% of it’s time on leather and canvas.

yeah it's a strap monster, Aus summer at the moment so it's off the leather, it'll be back on as Autumn hits.
    omega1300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post
    In my opinion it’s the one aspect of the watch that lets it down. I’m very hopeful that when Omega release an updated Speedmaster Professional (Which will likely be soon) that they take inspiration from the bracelet of the ‘Moonshine Gold’ 50th anniversary piece that they have just released.

My issues with the bracelet are:

1, No taper
    2, The end links are attached in such a way that they sit awkwardly on the wrist
    3, Polishing to the PCL is an eyesore and not in keeping with the history of the watch

However I wouldn’t let that impact your decision to buy the watch. It is a classic for a reason.
    I agree very much with this assessment. The watch design is fantastic, but the bracelet it a letdown — and each newer iteration seems worse than the one before. The current model is slightly thicker than the 1998 bracelet that came with the 3570.50, and as such the endlinks protrude just a bit more, which makes it less comfortable to wear.

I wear my Speedy on leather, but if I want to wear it regularly on a bracelet I’d probably source a new 1171 bracelet from an OB or the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information