Speedmaster Pro Chronograph hour hand not resetting to true 12 sometimes.

Thread: Speedmaster Pro Chronograph hour hand not resetting to true 12 sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speedmaster Pro Chronograph hour hand not resetting to true 12 sometimes.

Hey everyone,

I had my Speedmaster Pro overhauled a few months ago in Bienne. They did an excellent job, but a little while I noticed this problem. The hand on the hour counter for the chronograph doesn't always reset straight to 12. Sometimes it's off to the right just a hair. It's pretty tiny, so it took me a little while to notice this but now it's bugging me. I noticed that also, sometimes when I start the chronograph, the hour hand will immediately jump a tiny bit clockwise (with the click of the top button to start the chronograph).

Another related thing to note, sometimes when resetting the chronograph, the hour counter hand will reset properly when I press and hold the reset button, but when I let go of the button, it will just settle back to it's ever-so-slightly off position.

It's very very slight so I am wondering if this is normal and I'm just being overly sensitive.

Opinons? The watch is still under it's 2 year warranty since it was overhauled by Omega.

-Ian

Re: Speedmaster Pro Chronograph hour hand not resetting to true 12 sometimes.

Hello,
    Seems like it's a problem with the reset of the chrono function,in think the best you can do is phone Bienne and explain your problem, i had a simular problem with mine,wich came back from Bienne to, phoned them and they suggested to send it via the omega servicecenter to bienne.After Six or some weeks i got it back, (like it should have been the first time)perfect
    It will take a little longer, but hey iff you payed and there is a problem don't be afraid to let them know, i'm sure they will fix it.
    Cheers,

Thanks for the comment. When I first saw this problem, I tried for a long time to ignore it but I knew eventually it would bug me enough to get it repaired, even though it's so small of an issue.

I paid quite a bit for the overhaul (as have others on this forum) so everything should function perfectly afterwards. Plus, having the 2 year warranty was a major reason why I sent the watch to Bienne. It shouldn't go to waste.

Other than this, the watch looks beautiful.

The tachymeter bezel actually was a couple degrees off from where it should have been but I was able to fix this on my own.

Best Regards,

-Ian

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No problem,
    i know makes one crazy knowing something isn't quite like it should be,so if you get reply,keep us posted please,
    Cheers,
    Dom

Unfortunately after a couple of days, no response yet from Customer Service. I used the form on the web site. Omega isn't always the fastest at replying. Sometimes in the past I would have to send an e-mail a second time after waiting a week or more for a reply.

-Ian

Hello AMBIORIX,
    How much have you paid for the overhaul of the watch ?
    best regards,
    Werner
    Last edited by werner; August 17th, 2006 at 22:14.

I don't remember off hand and don't have the documentation in front of me, but it was about $400 USD.

-Ian

I've always had remarkably fast replies from Omega thru their website.
    Perhaps they've all "gone fishin'" for the month of August like alot of europeans are wont to do?
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by werner
    Hello AMBIORIX,
    How much have you paid for the overhaul of the watch ?
    best regards,
    Werner
    Hello Werner,
    Sorry for the late reply,but have been busy this week;
    It was about 900 swiss francs and it 2 months(maybe because it's a 321)
    cheers,
    Dom

Quote Originally Posted by iwhelan
    Unfortunately after a couple of days, no response yet from Customer Service. I used the form on the web site. Omega isn't always the fastest at replying. Sometimes in the past I would have to send an e-mail a second time after waiting a week or more for a reply.

-Ian
    Sorry, my friend,
    Almost forgot you,if it was me, i'd try to phone bienne, and ask to speak someone of C.S. departement.
    Grtz,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information