Speedy Reduced...
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Speedy Reduced...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speedy Reduced...

So it's that time of year again, I've saved a bit of money and am now looking to add another addition to my collection. I've been wanting a Speedmaster for a long time, but not the handwind moonwatch. Although it's an incredible watch and a classic, I just can't do a manual wind. So I've been after the Speedmaster Automatic or "Reduced", and I found one for an amazing price, but as the saying goes, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. This one comes on a nato strap, no box or papers for $995. The lack of original bracelet is okay with me as it'll most likely end up on a nato when I get it anyway, but judging by the pics it appears to be in decent condition and looks original from what I can see, but I'm no expert in Speedies, especially the auto's, so can someone tell me, would you pass on this one?
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic 3510 50 | eBay

And if that one's no good, there's this one for about $1400, and this one's on the original bracelet.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SPEEDM...item23267fab2f

If anyone can give me any info as to their authenticity, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks and happy holidays!

Re: Speedy Reduced...

I recently purchase a 3523.30. I briefly looked at 35.10s, and I must say that if you continue to monitor eBay you will find 35.10s in better condition for right around $1000. I would also recommend waiting around for a Speedmaster Date, Day-Date, or Professional.

The first one looks ok to me. The second one looks a bit shabby for the price if you ask me. I have one and do not wear it on the bracelet much at all. Its actually a great looking watch and beyond me why some constantly look down there nose at them. Anyway it means you get a nice looking watch for a grand!

Heres mine
    Name:  DSC_0013.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  394.9 KB
    Eclipse0001 and Mr Rick like this.
    Regards Cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally, I like the original band, although a nice leather band looks tempting on yours camb66.
    Both of them look genuine, ( as far as I can tell - so don't take this as gospel !), and sub $1k for one is good value.
    i would be asking for more detailed, hi-res pictures to establish actual condition.
    My poor old eyes struggle with eBay resolution limits.
    As always with eBay, you are buying the seller, not just the watch, so open, detailed communication with no evasive answers and good pictures would be critical to establish trust.
    Check their feedback history to see if hey have traded similar items previously and the outcome.
    Good luck and hopefully welcome to the Speedy club if all goes well!
    So many watches, so little time...

I would always would prefer to buy an omega with the original bracelet, I know you said you are not that bothered but I would keep a look out for one with the bracelet in descent condition at a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    I would always would prefer to buy an omega with the original bracelet, I know you said you are not that bothered but I would keep a look out for one with the bracelet in descent condition at a low price.
    Yeah I was thinking of doing that. I'm going to watch some listings for a week or two, and if nothing better comes up, I'll contact the first seller and ask for better pics, about servicing history, etc. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

I'll be in the market for a Speedy soon as well. I have to sell a couple watches and put some money back for it but will have about 1600-1700 to spend. I feel bad wearing my SMP daily but Ijust cannot take it off my wrist. No other watch in my collection holds a candle to it. I would love to have a Speedy to split the wrist time with the SMP. Good luck and happy hunting! The hunting part is the best!

That's my two eclipse smp and speedy pro, great combo for a collection

Quote Originally Posted by Nato060 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of doing that. I'm going to watch some listings for a week or two, and if nothing better comes up, I'll contact the first seller and ask for better pics, about servicing history, etc. Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    So did you ever end up buying a Speedmaster?
    So many watches, so little time...

Even though this is an old thread, I can't help but post a picture. Love my Speedmaster Reduced. I also love the Mark II, Mark 40, FOIS, and Pro. Pretty much, if it says Speedmaster, has a black dial and white hands/markings, I love it. I don't care what it's dimensions are!

on my 7.5" wrist.
    Name:  WS Speedy Leather.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  220.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information