Strap help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anonymousmoose

Thread: Strap help

Strap help

Thanks for reading.

Looking to see if others have come across quality alternates for Omega herringbone straps that come on the Rail Master or the Snoopy strap.

Love them both and would like to add to my AT, but at $250+ for a strap picking up a couple can get costly.

Love to hear about or even better see some of the alternatives users have come up with?

Thank in advance for your time.

JasonEdward
    A watch unworn is a watch not owned......scratches are simply history

Strap help

I stopped spending big money on straps for my IWC Chrono. I buy inexpensive straps from eBay and have fun trying on new colours.

I bought a bunch of Kevlar styles straps for it that almost look identical. They may last 12-24 months but at $20 each, I can go through about 15 of them rather than 1 OEM. I just put on an IWC OEM buckle and spring bars.

Did the same with a De Ville I have which I'm selling to help fund the PO I bought.

Cheapest straps I bought are a sac-religious $4, others around $25.

I suggest looking on eBay and trying different cheap straps and if you find one you really like, you can always go OEM or get a quality version later.

Re: Strap help

I personally avoid really cheap straps - as I often find they irritate my skin.

I have been very happy with straps I have bought from:
    Cincy Strap Co
    Moose Straps
    Bark & Jack
    Armilla Straps

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've also tried everything from $4 natos to $200 leathers. And I will say I like them all. For quality, my favorites are the bulang and sons/JPMs and Hodinkee straps.

Quote Originally Posted by drwindsurf View Post
    I personally avoid really cheap straps - as I often find they irritate my skin.
    Understandable when that's the case.

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    I stopped spending big money on straps for my IWC Chrono. I buy inexpensive straps from eBay and have fun trying on new colours.

I bought a bunch of Kevlar styles straps for it that almost look identical. They may last 12-24 months but at $20 each, I can go through about 15 of them rather than 1 OEM. I just put on an IWC OEM buckle and spring bars.

Did the same with a De Ville I have which I'm selling to help fund the PO I bought.

Cheapest straps I bought are a sac-religious $4, others around $25.

I suggest looking on eBay and trying different cheap straps and if you find one you really like, you can always go OEM or get a quality version later.
    they still outlast my oem ultra-hi-tech sail cloth like material that came on an ingenieur I had,
    price only increases the possibility of quality, but doesn't guarantee it,if it did, the brands would to, and they don't.

Thread Information