Swatch groups 'Time to move' event 14-16th May 2019 - Page 4
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Swatch groups 'Time to move' event 14-16th May 2019

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Swatch groups 'Time to move' event 14-16th May 2019

I actually applaud their decision to get out of Basel. I have been there, and it was really out of touch for us commoners and the price gouging was out of hand.

Yes, it's bound to be a little bumpy this year but they will get the rythm back with time. Let's be patient..... And also hope for a good show.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    umarrajs likes this.

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
    I actually applaud their decision to get out of Basel. I have been there, and it was really out of touch for us commoners and the price gouging was out of hand.

Yes, it's bound to be a little bumpy this year but they will get the rythm back with time. Let's be patient..... And also hope for a good show.

I'm not sure what's "bumpy" about this - nothing is being mis-executed. People are being critical of Omega's new marketing and delivery approach in and of itself. And us "commoners", or more relevantly customers, are becoming clearly impatient! But feel free to apologize for them, odd as that seems to me.
    GTTIME likes this.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    I'm not sure what's "bumpy" about this - nothing is being mis-executed. People are being critical of Omega's new marketing and delivery approach in and of itself. And us "commoners", or more relevantly customers, are becoming clearly impatient! But feel free to apologize for them, odd as that seems to me.
    Exactly. Imagine if a company like Apple did this: showed retailers the new line of products, instated a press embargo, made everyone else wait another couple of months to see what the products are but with another ban on press until the event is over, and then come to find out they are merely updated phones and laptops. No new gee-wiz product launch. People would be very underwhelmed and skeptical of any future event announcements. It's not a good approach for SG.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Respectfully, I think some people are making a bigger deal out of this than it is. We though we woke up on Christmas morning and it turns out it's still a few days away. Hopefully the watches are worth the wait.
    DaMann, Rawim and Hoppyjr like this.

Swatch groups 'Time to move' event 14-16th May 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Respectfully, I think some people are making a bigger deal out of this than it is. We though we woke up on Christmas morning and it turns out it's still a few days away. Hopefully the watches are worth the wait.
    Bigger or not, look at the reaction everywhere: here, Omega forums, TRF - people are angry. And we're talking about hardcore Omega fans, those who already bought several Omega watches. If I was Swatch I was worried. But it seems they don't give a *.

Quote Originally Posted by JaoLinQuo View Post
    Exactly. Imagine if a company like Apple did this: showed retailers the new line of products, instated a press embargo, made everyone else wait another couple of months to see what the products are but with another ban on press until the event is over, and then come to find out they are merely updated phones and laptops. No new gee-wiz product launch. People would be very underwhelmed and skeptical of any future event announcements. It's not a good approach for SG.
    The funny thing is this is Apple’s strategy. They are just doing it all wrong.

I understand that they want the actual release date of the watches to be like a week or two after the unveiling so they can capitalize on impulse buyers that usually have like a good 3 months to ponder on Baselworld releases. That’s exactly what Apple does. Announce it and hype it and release it two weeks later when there is still buzz.

However, Omega shouldn’t have showed the media first and not that long ago. Let the media generate buzz by speculating like we currently are. Let the media market the watches by being excited about new watches. If the media saw these as early as Basel, it’s safe to say their hype for the watches are gone and this will show in the hands on videos when the presenter is staring at cue cards in boredom while presenting something they should be excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    My view is that everyone is acting like Omega is doing something wrong. They never promised us a specific day to see the watches, once everyone thought is was this week everyone is getting butt hurt that it was not Monday. That is not their fault, that is ours. It is not our date to set, it is theirs, and the speculation is leading to hurt feelings that is not really fair to them.

As far as bumpy goes, I agree we should see them at the same time as the press and would prefer it closer to Basel. I'm sure they will learn the public preference based on this year and make changes. Thus, it is bumpy when compared to what true enthusiasts want.

The people want excitement and anticipation. Even though Tudors PO1 is a big let down to most people, the build up to the reveal and teases on instagram were exciting...It showed that the company actually cared about the release. This event has got pretty much zero so far in comparison.

Let's see if it all comes good tomorrow when the embargo finally lifts. I hope so! The pressure is on.

If it shortens the lead time from announcement to availability, I'm all for it.
    Perseus likes this.
    Removing the Sent from my xPhone using Tapatalk spam from your signature is really easy. Please take a moment to do it.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by H.Haq View Post
    Yeah I have to agree this embargo .... is really annoying.
    Perhaps the lack of pre-event hype was intentional to prevent everyone from blowing a gasket over a 3-day embargo. Patience.

I also don't believe all 2019 releases were held until now. The Interstallar Hamilton was released a couple of months ago, with pre-orders being taken.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information