Sweetspot to slow down watches that are gaining speed.. speed
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Archer

Thread: Sweetspot to slow down watches that are gaining speed.. speed

Sweetspot to slow down watches that are gaining speed.. speed

In what positions do you lay your omega seamaster at night to reduce if the watch is gaining seconds?

Re: Sweetspot to slow down watches that are gaining speed.. speed

'
    Hi Teammella

I understand that different watches, different movements, how long since they've been wound, how much, how long ago, & at different stages between services etc may all cause this to vary.

Having said that, my 2 Planet Oceans (a 2500C & a 2500D) & Railmaster 2503.52 all run their slowest with the crown upwards.

Here's a little Rolex leaflet from many years ago which might be of some help. Seems to mostly hold true for my Sub & the 3 Omegas mentioned above...

Name:  ****Rolex clean & time adjust copy.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  167.9 KB

Good luck!
    '
    Last edited by cybercat; 3 Weeks Ago at 16:37. Reason: Added pic

Re: Sweetspot to slow down watches that are gaining speed.. speed

Quote Originally Posted by Teammella View Post
    In what positions do you lay your omega seamaster at night to reduce if the watch is gaining seconds?
    There is no universal position to slow down or speed up a watch. Despite the Rolex thing people keep posting, each watch is different and you will need to time the watch to find out what the fast and slow positions are. So fully wind the watch, note the time against a known accurate time source, and leave it dial up for 24 hours. Check it against the time source and note the gain or loss. Repeat for all other positions and you will know what positions to speed up or slow down the watch overnight.

Note that when I service a watch I include this information for my customers so they don’t have to do these checks.

Cheers, Al

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teammella View Post
    There is no universal position to slow down or speed up a watch. Despite the Rolex thing people keep posting, each watch is different and you will need to time the watch to find out what the fast and slow positions are. So fully wind the watch, note the time against a known accurate time source, and leave it dial up for 24 hours. Check it against the time source and note the gain or loss. Repeat for all other positions and you will know what positions to speed up or slow down the watch overnight.

Note that when I service a watch I include this information for my customers so they don’t have to do these checks.

Cheers, Al
    that's what I thought!! Thank you for the quick response.

Thread Information