A tale of two Railmasters - Page 11
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Quote Originally Posted by DIV View Post
    Yeah, really good points...I'm starting to lean the other way!
    can anyone with the 36mm on bracelet give me the part number of the bracelet please?
    Maybe times you can get an authorized dealer like Jared to order the bracelet for you, unlike Rolex which will not order the part unless the watch came with that at the time it was sold.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 x2 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX * Pepsi GMT Master II 126710 * Rolex SubC Hulk * SD43
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA & Aquadive Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842+1923 & Colormark x3 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS, Prospex LE/PADI, SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch x2 * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, SubC ND,
    16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80

Quote Originally Posted by DIV View Post
    can anyone with the 36mm on bracelet give me the part number of the bracelet please?
    The bracelet on my 36mm Railmaster is marked 1575/899. It might be tough to source a new one... since you are on a watch-buying spree, I suppose you could always find a 36mm Aqua Terra and part it out! :)

I see you are in the next state over from me. If you ever get down south of Portland, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to let you try mine on.
    Last edited by workahol; January 3rd, 2016 at 20:01.

DIV

2 updates!
    1) I just measured my wrist properly (ribbon, mark and measure)---...... 7 inches!!...not 6.5...whoa!...I think that puts me into the 39 camp.
    2) I went ahead and sold the 36mm (I know, I may live to regret it, but luckily I didn't have it long enough for it to bond with me) to an interested WUS member. I have purchased another watch, to fill the Railmaster (or similar) void. Stay tuned....
    Last edited by DIV; January 5th, 2016 at 04:30.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would love to see a relaunch of the Railmaster, not unlike the Seamaster 300 relaunch

Hello, I too would like to purchase a 36mm Railmaster. Do any members have any tips to as to where to look for this
    little beastie? Is it possible to register interest on any websites?
    Thanks.

The easiest method is to use WatchRecon.com and apply patience. But you're in luck, there's a guy on Watchnet selling one of each size right now.

Thank, will try to see if they still have.

Same! I would have to imagine we will see one eventually. I guess that just adds to the demand of the railmaster for the time being!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoos View Post
    I would love to see a relaunch of the Railmaster, not unlike the Seamaster 300 relaunch

That is an extremely handsome watch. You have a great collection. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    The easiest method is to use WatchRecon.com and apply patience. But you're in luck, there's a guy on Watchnet selling one of each size right now.
    I wanted to let you know how things worked out. I think the planets were aligned when I dropped in and left my post expressing interest in the 36mm Railmaster. I was running out of patience and almost, out of frustration, went for the 39mm. I went over to WatchRecon and found that a selller had all three of the Railmaster available 41, 39 and 36. Pictures were awful and I was suspicious as to why one collector would have all three and then selling all three at the same time for the same price. I did some checks on the seller/dealer yeo kim choy. From what I could see, he seemed legit, however there was a person on this forum that had some really negative things to say and had even had him banned from this forum. More confusion. I asked for additional pictures and background details for the sale. Eventually I decided to trust my gut and place the order. I cannot recommend yeo kim choy highly enough. He sent minute by minute pictures of the testing, packing and dispatch .....right upto the FedEx guy picking up the package. I received the watch 2 days after and it is everything that everyone says about it. Superb! I am really glad that I did not go for the 39mm. First thing I did was to take off the bracelet and try on some other leather straps (I just don't like steel straps). I need to find a strap that complements the watch, any recommendations would be welcome. The 19mm lug width is a pain. Squeezing a 20mm on does not look right and 18mm a little odd as well. There are not that many 19mm straps that I could find.......and like.

Thanks again to WORKAHOL for this great thread and yeo kim choy for his excellent service.
    Last edited by nurpur; August 27th, 2016 at 19:48. Reason: typo
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information