A tale of two Railmasters - Page 12
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Hello,

I was thinking of a dark green croc strap to go with the 36mm. Any thoughts as to whether this would be a good match?
    fskywalker likes this.

Jesus christ, both look immaculate! I'd be happy with the 39mm. Thanks for posting OP.
    You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.

DIV

Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    ?...the 38.5mm Aqua Terra is 45.3mm lug to lug.
    38.5mm?....aw man!...that would be the PERFECT size for a Railmaster. I wish I could build a Railmaster with that case!
    but that would be the newer thicker cased 8500 version case...hmmm...I wonder....
    Last edited by DIV; November 10th, 2016 at 16:23.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nurpur View Post
    I wanted to let you know how things worked out. I think the planets were aligned when I dropped in and left my post expressing interest in the 36mm Railmaster. I was running out of patience and almost, out of frustration, went for the 39mm. I went over to WatchRecon and found that a selller had all three of the Railmaster available 41, 39 and 36. Pictures were awful and I was suspicious as to why one collector would have all three and then selling all three at the same time for the same price. I did some checks on the seller/dealer yeo kim choy. From what I could see, he seemed legit, however there was a person on this forum that had some really negative things to say and had even had him banned from this forum. More confusion. I asked for additional pictures and background details for the sale. Eventually I decided to trust my gut and place the order. I cannot recommend yeo kim choy highly enough. He sent minute by minute pictures of the testing, packing and dispatch .....right upto the FedEx guy picking up the package. I received the watch 2 days after and it is everything that everyone says about it. Superb! I am really glad that I did not go for the 39mm. First thing I did was to take off the bracelet and try on some other leather straps (I just don't like steel straps). I need to find a strap that complements the watch, any recommendations would be welcome. The 19mm lug width is a pain. Squeezing a 20mm on does not look right and 18mm a little odd as well. There are not that many 19mm straps that I could find.......and like.

Thanks again to WORKAHOL for this great thread and yeo kim choy for his excellent service.
    I was sh*tting myself as I began reading your post, as I just sent funds to yeo kim choy this morning for a 39mm Railmaster! But I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience with him and I'm looking forward to getting my RM.

After reading through this thread, I've gone back and forth whether I've made the right decision on the 39 v the 36. I have a 6.75 wrist that's pretty flat and usually 40mm is perfect on me. I've never worn a watch under 38mm, but like the classic look of the smaller watches. The 36 looks great on people with wrists from 6.25-6.5 on this thread, but I'm just not sure I'm mentally ready to have such a small watch on my wrist right now. The 39 I think will feel like home, even though I like the smaller look on other people. But we will see when the watch arrives.

The other point is that I will be wearing the watch 90% on bracelet. I like the versatility. And I think the 39 RM will fit very similar to current watches I own on bracelet that are slightly bigger case sizes.

Here is my 40.5mm grand seiko on wrist

Here's my 40.3mm seiko SARG on wrist

Looking at these watches on my wrist, how do you guys think the 39 v 36 would work? I can't imagine a smaller diameter watch could look larger than these, but who knows. What do you guys think?
    Instagram: watch_wisco

Your wrists are pretty flat, so would recommend the 39 mm Railmaster if you like bigger watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fskywalker; April 5th, 2017 at 19:02.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

Mmm yes id like a Railmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    I was sh*tting myself as I began reading your post, as I just sent funds to yeo kim choy this morning for a 39mm Railmaster! But I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience with him and I'm looking forward to getting my RM.

After reading through this thread, I've gone back and forth whether I've made the right decision on the 39 v the 36. I have a 6.75 wrist that's pretty flat and usually 40mm is perfect on me. I've never worn a watch under 38mm, but like the classic look of the smaller watches. The 36 looks great on people with wrists from 6.25-6.5 on this thread, but I'm just not sure I'm mentally ready to have such a small watch on my wrist right now. The 39 I think will feel like home, even though I like the smaller look on other people. But we will see when the watch arrives.

The other point is that I will be wearing the watch 90% on bracelet. I like the versatility. And I think the 39 RM will fit very similar to current watches I own on bracelet that are slightly bigger case sizes.

Looking at these watches on my wrist, how do you guys think the 39 v 36 would work? I can't imagine a smaller diameter watch could look larger than these, but who knows. What do you guys think?
    I have a fairly large 7.5" plump wrist, so you would think 40/42mm would be fine. Unfortunately, after much trial, error and money I have come to the realisation that 36mm is the best for me. I have joint pain and find that I cannot wear a watch on steel - its just too heavy and uncomfortable. Putting my original 40/42mm watches on leather straps did not really help either. Still too much weight and aesthetically they just did not look right. To my eyes the watch looks better if there is a certain amount of strap visible on top of the wrist. So I downsized to 36mm and everything is perfect! Weight is reduced and the strap is visible and appreciated from the top rather than it just disappearing off the edge.....if that makes any sense!

The 36mm Railmaster wears a lot bigger than all the other 36mm's - but is still comfortable and light. Each to their own.
    MZhammer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS_Chronomaster View Post
    Mmm yes id like a Railmaster.
    What do you think of the new 2017 RM releases?

My 39mm Railmaster came in the mail yesterday, and I'm very happy with it. I'd love to try on a 36 some day and see how it feels, but this feels like home. Love the low profile, very comfortable to wear. Think I did pretty good for my first Omega.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

This is by far one of the best threads I've ever seen!
    isnoface likes this.
    cheers - mike

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information