A tale of two Railmasters - Page 13
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    My 39mm Railmaster came in the mail yesterday, and I'm very happy with it. I'd love to try on a 36 some day and see how it feels, but this feels like home. Love the low profile, very comfortable to wear. Think I did pretty good for my first Omega.
    Good on you man! It's definitely the more "modern" way for a watch to fit with the lugs extending about to the edge of your wrist. If you like that feel then I think you made the exact right choice as the 36 definitely wears more vintage when watches were more restrained. At this point it's personal preference and neither looks bad, it's about what "feel" you want from your watch! I'm wearing my 36mm today actually.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

Quote Originally Posted by nurpur View Post
    What do you think of the new 2017 RM releases?
    I like almost everything on the new one except the hands. Miss the broad arrow for sure.
    nurpur likes this.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

Quote Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post
    Good on you man! It's definitely the more "modern" way for a watch to fit with the lugs extending about to the edge of your wrist. If you like that feel then I think you made the exact right choice as the 36 definitely wears more vintage when watches were more restrained. At this point it's personal preference and neither looks bad, it's about what "feel" you want from your watch! I'm wearing my 36mm today actually.
    Yeah I'd really like to try on a 36 and see, cuz other 36mm watches I've tried on seem way too small. But everyone says the railmaster wears bigger. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy it to get my hands on one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is a great thread. I love hearing everyone's thought processes when buying a watch. I think the 39mm is right for my 7.25" wrist (which I actually consider small) since all of my other Omega watches are on the larger side (PO, SMPC, GMT, etc..). I also like to wear my watches loose. I will say that the 36mm Railmaster seems to wear larger than say a 36mm Rolex Explorer. I guess it's the dial size. I also am a big fan of only wearing it on the steel bracelet, but I've seen enough pics on this thread to know that it's one of those watches that looks great on just about anything.

While I love how flat the watch sets on the wrist, one thing that bothered me is that glass backed watches always tend to stick to my wrist when I get a little sweaty. My solution is to spray the back of the watch with Windex or some type of window cleaner when it starts sticking. I do that because I usually wear a watch all day and night (yeah, I wear a watch to bed) and usually only take them off when I shower.

Name:  railmaster.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  178.0 KB

I like almost everything on the new one except the hands. Miss the broad arrow for sure.
    Yes, the hands and the size.........you know I would go with a smaller size if they had one.....hang on, they do have have one........The RM vintage
    edition. Now I would really love to have that one.......I would even put on some more blubber around the wrist to accommodate it!

Ah, but those picket-fence hands on the new models are based on the later hands of the 1960 model Railmaster. So, I can forgive Omega for using them, but I can't get past the bland, thin numeral font that they've used on the dial.
    Railmaster numbers should be thick.
    'Cos that's old-school.

Name:  IMG_1046.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  62.0 KB
    MZhammer and Titan II like this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Yes, the hands and the size.........you know I would go with a smaller size if they had one.....hang on, they do have have one........The RM vintage
    edition. Now I would really love to have that one.......I would even put on some more blubber around the wrist to accommodate it!
    Yeah the size is a little on the large side. But you're right, the 38mm railmaster LE is beautiful. Once I get my money tree, I might just pick up the trilogy box set.

Yeah I'd really like to try on a 36 and see, cuz other 36mm watches I've tried on seem way too small. But everyone says the railmaster wears bigger. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy it to get my hands on one.
    If you like the 39 don't waste the time on picking up a 36 too. They're great, but they come at a preium over the other sizes and are tough to track down. The 39 looks like it fits you well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by MZhammer; April 9th, 2017 at 08:37.

DIV

What do you think of the new 2017 RM releases?
    I hate to have a change of heart after praising the AT Railmaster, but I sold my 39mm and ordered the LE which should be arriving in June. 38mm, broad arrow hands, no Aqua Terra script, solid caseback with Seahorse, straight lugs...oh, perfect.

But I would take the AT version over the new non-LE version...I haven't warmed up to that one yet...
    Last edited by DIV; April 11th, 2017 at 06:56.

A tale of two Railmasters

Calling all Railmaster aficionados.... I have a sneaky suspicion that the crown on my preowned Railmaster was replaced, But looking for some input from others that own the watch.
    Here's a picture of the crown logo,

And here's a picture of a space that I see between the crown and the case. In this pic the crown is screwed down as far as it will go.
    As you can see, the light passes through above and below and it appears the crown Is not down all the way. This could be completely normal, as the crown has a bevel on the side of it that faces the case, but as I have nothing to compare it to I'm looking for guidance.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Btreichel87; April 11th, 2017 at 07:07.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information