A tale of two Railmasters - Page 14
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 285
  1. #131
    Member nurpur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Hi,

    My crown on the 36mm seems to be the same as yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    Calling all Railmaster aficionados.... I have a sneaky suspicion that the crown on my preowned Railmaster was replaced, But looking for some input from others that own the watch.
    Here's a picture of the crown logo,

    And here's a picture of a space that I see between the crown and the case. In this pic the crown is screwed down as far as it will go.
    As you can see, the light passes through above and below and it appears the crown Is not down all the way. This could be completely normal, as the crown has a bevel on the side of it that faces the case, but as I have nothing to compare it to I'm looking for guidance.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #132
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by nurpur View Post
    Hi,

    My crown on the 36mm seems to be the same as yours.
    Thanks for the response. The more I research the more I think it's fine. Loving the watch though. The matte black dial is killer in the sunlight.
    nurpur likes this.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  3. #133
    Member workahol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northwestern USA
    Posts
    251

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    Calling all Railmaster aficionados.... I have a sneaky suspicion that the crown on my preowned Railmaster was replaced, But looking for some input from others that own the watch.
    The crown on yours looks just like mine. My crown doesn't sit perfectly flush either, although on mine I can't see daylight underneath like in your photo. Probably just variability between individual examples. My advice is to not worry and enjoy your watch!

    I am wearing my 36mm Railmaster today, because I found myself thinking about the 14270 Explorer again and wanted to nip that idea in the bud. It only takes a minute with the Railmaster to make any stray Explorer-thoughts go away!
    Btreichel87 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #134
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    The crown on yours looks just like mine. My crown doesn't sit perfectly flush either, although on mine I can't see daylight underneath like in your photo. Probably just variability between individual examples. My advice is to not worry and enjoy your watch!

    I am wearing my 36mm Railmaster today, because I found myself thinking about the 14270 Explorer again and wanted to nip that idea in the bud. It only takes a minute with the Railmaster to make any stray Explorer-thoughts go away!
    I wonder if there is a slight difference in how the crown sits between the 36 and the 39 too.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  6. #135
    Member workahol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northwestern USA
    Posts
    251

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    I wonder if there is a slight difference in how the crown sits between the 36 and the 39 too.
    It's very possible. I don't know if the 36 and 39 use an identical crown, but it makes sense given that the crown on the 36 looks bigger relative to the rest of the case.

  7. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    105

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    I have the 39 and it's exactly the same as your pics.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Btreichel87 likes this.

  8. #137
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by isnoface View Post
    I have the 39 and it's exactly the same as your pics.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feels good to have someone actually say it. Thanks isnoface.
    isnoface likes this.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  9. #138
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,724

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    All this chat and not many photos. Let's see these 36 and 39mm watches and feed this starving man!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current

    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

  10. #139
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters



    Don't know which one looks better, RM or Aussie?
    solesman likes this.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  11. #140
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,724

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    5 weeks of daily looking and not a sniff of a 36.2mm. This is going to be a very long wait I suspect.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current

    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •