A tale of two Railmasters - Page 15
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    5 weeks of daily looking and not a sniff of a 36.2mm. This is going to be a very long wait I suspect.
    One came and went on the Omega Forums last week! Pricey though, more than a grand over what I paid for mine.

It took me over a year to find mine, I think. Patience...

[Edit, double post]
    Last edited by workahol; May 9th, 2017 at 21:26. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    One came and went on the Omega Forums last week! Pricey though, more than a grand over what I paid for mine.

It took me over a year to find mine, I think. Patience...
    Oh damn! I thought I'd been scouring properly too. Patience isn't my strongest trait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

more than a grand over what I paid for mine.
    Yeah, I was curious how high that piece would go for, started pretty high. Wasn't sure if that was normal for a 36 or not. How long ago did you buy yours? Prices have definitely increased. Sounds like I got my 39 for about what you paid for your 36. I'm sure a few years removed though.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    Yeah, I was curious how high that piece would go for, started pretty high. Wasn't sure if that was normal for a 36 or not. How long ago did you buy yours? Prices have definitely increased. Sounds like I got my 39 for about what you paid for your 36. I'm sure a few years removed though.
    I got mine way back in 2014 according to the first post in this thread. :)

Then I started an extremely long-running thread about it, thus ensuring a spike in demand that would drive up the value of my watch. Clearly I must be a financial genius!

I got mine way back in 2014 according to the first post in this thread. :)

Then I started an extremely long-running thread about it, thus ensuring a spike in demand that would drive up the value of my watch. Clearly I must be a financial genius!
    Haha. Touché. You just may be a genius. Once again. Great thread.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

Great thread, thanks for sharing everything, everyone!
    Currently wearing:
    Nomos Orion 38
    Tudor Black Bay 58
    Heuer Carrera 1964 re-edition, CS3110
    H. Gervin 1970s Chrono, Valjoux 7730
    Seiko SKX013

There were two for sale within the past month or so. One on these forums and one a few weeks after it. The one from these forums, the guy wouldn't respond to my questions and it sat for a few weeks. Not sure why he didn't respond to my multiple questions; perhaps I am a bit too inquisitive for his tastes. Glad he didn't as I snatched up the other one and it is MINT.

I'm in the other end of the spectrum....love the XXL. Become my favourite omega. Try to put a NATO on a railmaster. Looks great.

Having been off this forum for ages, it has been really pleasing to come on and see a number of threads that appear to suggest the RM has acquired the status and appreciation it deserves. At the time I bought mine in 2008 it was a bit of an unknown to me but I wanted a departure from all the more mainstream Seamasters my mates were sporting.

I read tirelessly about it on here, ‘‘twas to be my first and only proper watch, bought for me by my dear Mother. Having puny wrists (6.5’’ at best) I was worried about the sizing. Having read about them wearing large and that smaller was more classical, I opted for the 36mm and had it ordered in without ever seeing one in the flesh.

It was love at first sight, quirky and different to all the Tags and Omegas my peers had. Simplistic and understated, I find that mine on a bracelet is happy with me in shorts and trainers right up to my best suit. It really can pull anything off IMO. I’ve babied the watch, only wearing it in circumstances where I know she should come to no harm. So with that in mind, her condition is excellent, some of the polished edges around the crystal shows sign of wear, but nothing that couldn’t be easily bufffed out by a Pro I’m sure. The lugs and SSB are spotless, as are both crystals.

I know they are supposed to be serviced every 5 years and have meant to do it but she is as accurate as the day I got her. Or at least last time that I checked! Having had the RM 9 years, should I look to get it serviced now?!

I would never sell up due to obvious sentimentalities, had a chap on here offer me £2000 years and years ago. Did I see a price thrown around of circa £2,800 on here perhaps?! News of the new RMs also came as a complete surprise, but I see someone in the thread did call it.

Teeritz sure does have a lot to answer for, his Tissot Visodate thread single handedly got me into one of those beauties. Which I’m wearing this second as it goes, non watch people at work have told me they think the Viso looks like it’s worth more than my beloved RM. To summarise, I chose the small RM for me, ignoring trends and familiarity. Loved it ever since, but this thread has only served to make me love it even more. Guess I need to post some pics really...
    Btreichel87 and Theognosis like this.
    If god had intended us only to have one watch, why did he give us two arms?

RM 2504.52
    Tissot Heritage Visodate
    U1 (just landed mid-Feb)

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information