A tale of two Railmasters - Page 16
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Quote Originally Posted by Split-Personality View Post
    Having been off this forum for ages, it has been really pleasing to come on and see a number of threads that appear to suggest the RM has acquired the status and appreciation it deserves. At the time I bought mine in 2008 it was a bit of an unknown to me but I wanted a departure from all the more mainstream Seamasters my mates were sporting.

I read tirelessly about it on here, twas to be my first and only proper watch, bought for me by my dear Mother. Having puny wrists (6.5 at best) I was worried about the sizing. Having read about them wearing large and that smaller was more classical, I opted for the 36mm and had it ordered in without ever seeing one in the flesh.

It was love at first sight, quirky and different to all the Tags and Omegas my peers had. Simplistic and understated, I find that mine on a bracelet is happy with me in shorts and trainers right up to my best suit. It really can pull anything off IMO. Ive babied the watch, only wearing it in circumstances where I know she should come to no harm. So with that in mind, her condition is excellent, some of the polished edges around the crystal shows sign of wear, but nothing that couldnt be easily bufffed out by a Pro Im sure. The lugs and SSB are spotless, as are both crystals.

I know they are supposed to be serviced every 5 years and have meant to do it but she is as accurate as the day I got her. Or at least last time that I checked! Having had the RM 9 years, should I look to get it serviced now?!

I would never sell up due to obvious sentimentalities, had a chap on here offer me 2000 years and years ago. Did I see a price thrown around of circa 2,800 on here perhaps?! News of the new RMs also came as a complete surprise, but I see someone in the thread did call it.

Teeritz sure does have a lot to answer for, his Tissot Visodate thread single handedly got me into one of those beauties. Which Im wearing this second as it goes, non watch people at work have told me they think the Viso looks like its worth more than my beloved RM. To summarise, I chose the small RM for me, ignoring trends and familiarity. Loved it ever since, but this thread has only served to make me love it even more. Guess I need to post some pics really...
    Love this post... I too have the 36mm RM, but I had to own a 39mm first to realize the 36 is what I wanted.
    I bought it in near mint condition, and it has held up quite well. Although, I wear it often and it has picked up a few swirlies on the bracelet.
    This watch is such a sleeper to me. It is so under the radar, but then I'll catch a glimpse of that flawless domed crystal, the reflection of the hands and logo, all against that matte black dial and I just think to myself, "damn, that's a great looking watch."
    As you said it dresses up and down. Hell, I wore this watch on a nice alligator strap on my wedding day, but most the time this is also my casual weekend warrior on a bracelet. I'll never sell this watch, it's too perfect. 36 mm is a classic size, and will always be appropriate.

With the coaxial movement, I think you can get away with more than 5 years for servicing. Mine has a 84 million serial number so maybe 2008 production. I doubt mine has been serviced since then and it's running at a consistent +5sec/ day on my wrist.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Btreichel87; January 20th, 2018 at 17:29.
    Instagram: watch_wisco

Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Quote Originally Posted by Btreichel87 View Post
    Love this post...
    Cheers, Bud. I agree with all you have written, the RM is so versatile. You do catch a glimpse every once and a while only to be bowled over by the effortless beauty. I have babied mine, other than light marks on the polished services around the crystal, it is spotless. Glad I went for the 36mm, I then ventured to 40mm with the Visodate and pulled it off. Next up is a U1, hope it wears as small as they say for my small wrists. Funny that my current two nice watches are both 1957 homages.
    Btreichel87 likes this.
    If god had intended us only to have one watch, why did he give us two arms?

RM 2504.52
    Tissot Heritage Visodate
    U1 (just landed mid-Feb)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Split-Personality View Post
    Cheers, Bud. I agree with all you have written, the RM is so versatile. You do catch a glimpse every once and a while only to be bowled over by the effortless beauty. I have babied mine, other than light marks on the polished services around the crystal, it is spotless. Glad I went for the 36mm, I then ventured to 40mm with the Visodate and pulled it off. Next up is a U1, hope it wears as small as they say for my small wrists. Funny that my current two nice watches are both 1957 homages.
    Yeah the visodate is a good looking watch. I too have small wrists though and the 40mm watches that are mainly dial (small bezels) just seem to wear a bit big on me. Just sold a Grand Seiko that I loved, but it wore too big. Had to go.

I think I pull off the Visodate and love it dearly, just doesn't like to sit under shirt cuffs as much as the RM.

RM 2504.52
    Tissot Heritage Visodate
    U1 (just landed mid-Feb)

Id love to get my hands on a nice 2502.52 41mm Railmaster. Such a simple beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    Id love to get my hands on a nice 2502.52 41mm Railmaster. Such a simple beauty.
    Yeah the 41mm's seem to be the rarest model of them all.

Just picked up a 41/42MM. Best purchase I made....for now ;)

Pics?

RM 2504.52
    Tissot Heritage Visodate
    U1 (just landed mid-Feb)

Banned

If you can find a 41mm, you have to pick it up, no debate!

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information