A tale of two Railmasters - Page 18
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 285
  1. #171
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by lanceransa View Post
    Relatively new to the forum and as an enthusiast, the game of watches doesn't seem to be as easy as I originally thought
    Thank you KenG Learned a lot from you, with still a lot ahead to be learned; will keep your advice in mind!
    Another ritual added to the daily list
    Keep an eye out on watchrecon. Gotta set an alert for the watch so you're notified when they pop up. But the 36mm is a stunner. I agree with others that have said the new Railmaster non-LE is a Railmaster by name only. The LE are nice, but I think these 2504's are a special watch. Good luck on the search.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    108

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Well written, really amazing pieces

  3. #173
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    50
    A question regarding the Railmaster. The case is an all brushed finish-no polished bright stainless steel, as opposed to say a seamaster aquaterra that I like. Or my current Raymond Weil. Am I correct in assuming that removing scratches is much harder and more expensive on a brushed case as opposed to a polished stainless steel case? As you have to match the brushing.

    I've had my Raymond Weil serviced just once and I had my case repolished. It was brought back to new. Is it easier to repolish a bright stainless steel case as opposed to a brushed one like the Railmaster?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #174
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZeppelinOmega View Post
    A question regarding the Railmaster. The case is an all brushed finish-no polished bright stainless steel, as opposed to say a seamaster aquaterra that I like. Or my current Raymond Weil. Am I correct in assuming that removing scratches is much harder and more expensive on a brushed case as opposed to a polished stainless steel case? As you have to match the brushing.

    I've had my Raymond Weil serviced just once and I had my case repolished. It was brought back to new. Is it easier to repolish a bright stainless steel case as opposed to a brushed one like the Railmaster?
    I had a very minor scratch on the lug of my Railmaster, and i taped it up and used some scotch bright to lightly blend it in... Can't see it now. Now major scratches, might be another story.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  6. #175
    Member lanceransa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18
    Wow thanks Teeritz! Ultimately honoured by your presence, the original advocator of the RM frenzy ha🤣
    Thanks Btreichel87 for the advice!

    Both of you, gorgeous shots btw!
    Currently found one for sale, will post pics if successful!!😁 Cant wait!

  7. #176
    Member teeritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melb, AUS
    Posts
    6,804

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by lanceransa View Post
    Wow thanks Teeritz! Ultimately honoured by your presence, the original advocator of the RM frenzy ha🤣
    Thanks Btreichel87 for the advice!

    Both of you, gorgeous shots btw!
    Currently found one for sale, will post pics if successful!!😁 Cant wait!
    Best of luck with it!

    And, so you don't lose focus, and to keep your resolve from weakening;

    -teeritz-

    Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.



    My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

    tinzer0 on Instagram

  8. #177
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Malfunction Junction Ft Worth Tx
    Posts
    4,603

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Workahol:
    One adjective comment: GORGEOUS!!!!

    X Traindriver Art

  9. #178
    Member Btreichel87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by lanceransa View Post
    Wow thanks Teeritz! Ultimately honoured by your presence, the original advocator of the RM frenzy ha🤣
    Thanks Btreichel87 for the advice!

    Both of you, gorgeous shots btw!
    Currently found one for sale, will post pics if successful!!😁 Cant wait!
    Good luck with the sale! Hope it works out. Another photo to quench your thirst.

    Also took a video of how this watch can play in the light. Although it looks way better on my phone than it does on YouTube. So sorry about the pixilation. Take it for what it's worth.

    https://youtu.be/oBQ4-m2NNnw



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Instagram: watch_wisco

  10. #179
    Member lanceransa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Recent update after a while

    So after a bit of waiting...



    Finally!!
    Absolutely adore it, there's just something about it in person- maybe it's the heft, or the way it catches light I dunno, boosts it threefold compared to the photos IMHO.

    A GREAT thanks to TheGent for the wonderful opportunity!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #180
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    299

    Re: A tale of two Railmasters

    Quote Originally Posted by lanceransa View Post
    Recent update after a while

    So after a bit of waiting...



    Finally!!
    Absolutely adore it, there's just something about it in person- maybe it's the heft, or the way it catches light I dunno, boosts it threefold compared to the photos IMHO.

    A GREAT thanks to TheGent for the wonderful opportunity!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks great on you!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lanceransa and mikekilo725 like this.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •