A tale of two Railmasters - Page 28
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: A tale of two Railmasters

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Re: A tale of two Railmasters

Quote Originally Posted by sf16 View Post
    Is this a 19mm bracelet? I’m considering a less blingy option for my RM trilogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking at the picture and the watch proportions seems to be the 36mm version 2504.52.00 and as Dan mentioned above that model uses 19mm bracelet. The 39mm model (2503.52.00) uses 20mm bracelet.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

'
    Trying my 2503.52 on a tropic ...

Name:  DSC04097A.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  1.58 MB

(Oris Divers 65 'tropic')
    '
    fskywalker and jatherly like this.

DIV

��
    Last edited by DIV; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:32.
    fskywalker likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DIV

Letís talk Railmasters!...
    Last edited by DIV; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:30.
    fskywalker likes this.

DIV

I have a 6-3/4Ē-7Ē wrist and have owned both the 36mm and 39mm (twice) versions. I think the 36mm has better proportions but was slightly too small for me. The 39mm was too large. If I were on the hunt again for this generation RM, I would definitely seek the 36 again, no question. However a couple of things that bugged me with all the 2500 series Railmasters:
    1) Flimsy clasp which is not adjustable
    2) pin and sleeve bracelet links which are annoying to work with
    3) the Aqua Terra script on the caseback
    4) the lack of any antimagnetic features which was the original intention of the Railmaster from day 1
    5) the twisted lugs were just not my cup of tea, I prefer straigh lugs on a sports watch.
    With that being said...for those with similar wrist sizes looking for the rare 36mm version (2504), I respectfully submit for your consideration, the 38mm Trilogy/LE Railmaster. It has become my end-all, every day wearer.
    The proportions are perfect as there is more metal between the dial and the edges of the case, making it wear like an intermediate size between the 36 and 39mm 2500 versions.
    The broad arrow HOUR hand, the SOLID caseback with Railmaster logo, the incredibly accurate A-magnetic movement, the faux patina dial and hands duplicate and satisfy the vintage look of this model, straight lugs, screw bracelet links on a very comfortable bracelet with a durable and adjustable push-button clasp. Sure, itís not perfect...many complain of the long lug-to-lug, but they curve downward hugging most wrists.
    The prices for the LE Railmasters are still dropping and you can pick one up in the mid-$4000US range WITH box and papers.
    If anyone is in the Seattle area, Iíd be happy to introduce you to my Trilogy Railmaster LE, or at the very least answer any of your questions here....
    Attached Images Attached Images

solesman, fskywalker and Titan II like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DIV View Post
    The prices for the LE Railmasters are still dropping and you can pick one up in the mid-$4000US range WITH box and papers.
    If anyone is in the Seattle area, Iíd be happy to introduce you to my Trilogy Railmaster LE, or at the very least answer any of your questions here....
    Iím excited to get mine (again). I had traded my LE, only to miss it, but found a great full kit deal again. I love the clasp but I wish the bracelet had just a tad more taper. But the straps...they look so good on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fskywalker and Titan II like this.

The 60th LE Railmaster is really fantastic and if it had 150m WR like the 2500 RM I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
    fskywalker likes this.

60m if I recall correctly John?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    The 60th LE Railmaster is really fantastic and if it had 150m WR like the 2500 RM I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
    fskywalker likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

DIV

Yes, a bit more taper on the bracelet would be nice on the RM LE, I agree, but I think the watch would be less balanced in terms of mass distribution as the head is on the heavy side. And yes, it’s 60m WR, yeah, more would be nicer, but it’s fine for daily wear and casual swimming. It’s the watch that finally made me stop collecting and start enjoying...
    fskywalker likes this.

DIV

Yes, a bit more taper on the bracelet would be nice on the RM LE, I agree, but I think the watch would be less balanced in terms of mass distribution as the head is on the heavy side. And yes, itís 60m WR, yeah, more would be nicer, but itís fine for daily wear and casual swimming. Itís the watch that finally made me stop collecting and start enjoying...
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information